The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Welcome to your favorite game show, "How will the Wizards blow this one?"

A. Poor defensive rotations leading to multiple 3's

B. Bench goes ice cold and the offense can't catch up

C. Wizards blow a 10 point lead with 2 min to go

D. Wizards give up an 80 foot 4 point play with 2 seconds to go and lose by 1

Lock your answers in now!

Just getting in from work and see we have Atlanta at pretty low score.  How's our defense, especially Wall's?

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I've probably written longer and more detailed posts about Otto Porter's footwork.

If you told me you worked in somebody's front office, I wouldn't be shocked.

6 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

I'll take A.  But it won't be all on the defense.  Atlanta is just gonna rain holy terror down on us.

When Jason Smith is bad, he looks really bad.  Just flailing around out there in total panic.  Dude gets so far in the weeds it actually makes me cringe with this feeling of vicarious chagrin.  It reminds me of playing youth league and being embarrassed for my best friend who was tall but goofy as hell.  My man wore knee pads during games.

This guy is literally only in the NBA because he's seven feet tall and can set his feet and fling in an open 18 footer.  God I wish I had been born seven feet tall.

20 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Not in the mood for the negativity, c'mon, bro.  Gotta get one : )

Given who we're playing, A if it happens.  If our bench got ice cold, that would be progress.

Edited by Renegade7

22 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Just getting in from work and see we have Atlanta at pretty low score.  How's our defense, especially Wall's?

John's defense hasn't been good, still getting caught flat footed and giving up easy dribble penetration to Schroeder.  But Schroeder is not a good outside shooter so he can't punish Wall for sagging off him to help out.  TBH Wall looks tired.  He's not in shape yet and he's clearly taking the defensive plays off, particularly in the first half.

The team defense has been pretty good though.  Morris has done a fabulous job guarding Millsap.  Sato came in and did a really nice job on D.  He is having no trouble staying in front of Schroeder and he was using his length and hands to pester ATL's bigs when they tried to post up.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

John's defense hasn't been good, still getting caught flat footed and giving up easy dribble penetration to Schroeder.  But Schroeder is not a good outside shooter so he can't punish Wall for sagging off him to help out.  TBH Wall looks tired.  He's not in shape yet and he's clearly taking the defensive plays off, particularly in the first half.

The team defense has been pretty good though.  Morris has done a fabulous job guarding Millsap.  Sato came in and did a really nice job on D.  He is having no trouble staying in front of Schroeder and he was using his length and hands to pester ATL's bigs when they tried to post up.

Des brought it up, too, and I'm seeing it as well.  I don't think he's hurt, but he's not 100%.  Still looking pretty good on offense for not 100%.

Beal is forcing it.  He's freezing his teammates out when he gets the ball.  Poor game from him so far.  Hopefully he has a good fourth quarter.

Can someone get Otto involved?  I want John and Brad to specifically look for him.

Hero ball offense.  ISO to Beal.  ISO to Gortat.  ISO to Wall.  Boo.

9 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

those handles are still a work in progress for Beal

It's like now he physically can dribble, but doesn't know where to go.  Keeps running towards the sideline when they pressure him and gets trapped.  He's done this in every game.