Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Porter is doing a nice job at PF in this rotation.  Guarding his position admirably.

Man Millsap has been some garbage tonight.  He has absolutely lost his composure.

As soon as I criticized Beal he started playing well to spite me.  Soon as he gets that three ball to start falling, he'll get on track.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I know it doesn't seem that serious, but this is second time we called a timeout pretty exactly when I wanted us to.  I'd be screaming at the TV last year.

Yeah Brooks has a way better game feel than Randy did.

Win or lose, I like what Brooks showed me tonight.  He's figuring out which line ups work.  Mixing and matching starters with bench players.  And he has gone with Sato, which is huge.  I was afraid it would take a lot longer for him to figure out that the offense and defense just run smoother when Sato is in the game.

Scott is a good coach.  Not great, but good.  And it makes a difference.

Dwight shoved Sato into the shooter when he was fighting over the screen.

Dwight's a ****ing fouling machine.  He gets away with so much BS contact.

LOL Fat Thornton flattened Bazemore.  What a ****.

... I would just like the team to win... for them, for us, not for the owner.... but for us.  Following along on the Internet.

So I was trying to find some information on "the plan"... this is what I found, from 2009....

Hogsheaven.com: Ted Leonsis Shares His Ten-Point Rebuilding Plan -- The Redskins Should Use It (this is from 2009!)

1. Can this team - as constructed, win a championship? 
2. Once you make the decision to rebuild -- be transparent, articulate the plan loudly and proudly.
3. Bring the house down to the foundation -- volume yields better results than precision.  Go with young players.
4. Commit to building around the draft.
5. Be patient with young players -- throw them in the pool to see if they can swim.
6. Make sure the GM, coach, owner and business folks are on the EXACT same page.  
7. No jerks allowed.
8. Add veterans to the team via shorter term free agency deals.
9. Measure and improve, use shared metrics to know what progress is.
10. Never settle--never rest--keep on improving. Never listen to bloggers, media, so called experts--to thine own self be true. Enjoy the ride.