Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That's good but I'd like us to need less out of Wall. He gives us huge games just to keep us in them. Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.

We need another player on his level if we're going to be contenders.

Makes a huge difference when Beal plays well too. Gave us star production to keep the offense from going into a tailspin when Wall is out of the line up or out of rhythm. Stars power you to wins on the road.

Both are still inconsistent. Wall much less so. But when they play well, they're the backbone of a legitimate offense.

We need a defensive anchor. And we need big men with young legs. None of the ones we drafted to run with Wall panned out. And seeing Wall try and throw an alley oop to Nene was sad. Wall creates so many dunk opportunities for bigs. DeAndre Jordan would go nuts playing here.

How good is Jared Dudley?  Dude is going to make a fantastic coach.  By far the smartest player on the team. 

If we're out of contention and the ship continues to sink by the deadline, he'll bring in some valuable assets via trade.  He'd be a fantastic fit on SO many teams around the league. 

Yep, Dudley has one of the highest BB IQs in the NBA IMO. Totally gets the big picture too. Understands his role no matter if he starts or comes off the bench, plays the three or four, etc. Understands what all of his teammates are supposed to do. Routinely makes the winning decisions. He reminds me of Steve Kerr actually. Great skills, barely NBA caliber athleticism, IQ through the roof.

Him, Pierce, and Nene are the three highest IQ players we've had the pleasure of watching in a long time. God remember when we were watching JaVale, Nick Young, and Blatche? Big Balls Crawford chucking 27 foot early clock dribble pull ups.

Personally, unless we get an offer that's actually worth a damn, I don't want to trade Dudley. I want to extend him. I think he's got several good years left because his game won't age. And we are always going to need true knockdown shooters.

Yep, Dudley has one of the highest BB IQs in the NBA IMO. Totally gets the big picture too. Understands his role no matter if he starts or comes off the bench, plays the three or four, etc. Understands what all of his teammates are supposed to do. Routinely makes the winning decisions. He reminds me of Steve Kerr actually. Great skills, barely NBA caliber athleticism, IQ through the roof.

Him, Pierce, and Nene are the three highest IQ players we've had the pleasure of watching in a long time. God remember when we were watching JaVale, Nick Young, and Blatche? Big Balls Crawford chucking 27 foot early clock dribble pull ups.

Personally, unless we get an offer that's actually worth a damn, I don't want to trade Dudley. I want to extend him. I think he's got several good years left because his game won't age. And we are always going to need true knockdown shooters.

Hearing his halftime interview w/ Chris Miller made me think "player coach."  LOL.  Obviously it would never happen...but wow.  He's brilliant on the floor. 

Duds is shooting over 40% downtown from the 4. That is just about the number one most coveted player in the league outside of allstar. He's only here because we got him on a salary cap injury dump under good intentions from the Milwaukee front office. He's getting paid next year, as he might not get another chance to do so. But he's not a starter, and he's gonna demand starter money. He wont be back in Washington next year. Not for that money.

Wall should be the starting PG for the East. Probably should be for the duration of his prime.

Hearing his halftime interview w/ Chris Miller made me think "player coach."  LOL.  Obviously it would never happen...but wow.  He's brilliant on the floor.

For a player with absolutely zero style to his game, he's a pleasure to watch.

If this team is going to make a post-break push, they'll need to keep him. And role players like him have tremendous value in the playoffs, where dumb mistakes and poor shooting can doom you.

Duds is shooting over 40% downtown from the 4. That is just about the number one most coveted player in the league outside of allstar. He's only here because we got him on a salary cap injury dump under good intentions from the Milwaukee front office. He's getting paid next year, as he might not get another chance to do so. But he's not a starter, and he's gonna demand starter money. He wont be back in Washington next year. Not for that money.

Not so sure about that.

Assuming KD isn't an option, we'll have plenty of money

Dudley belongs on the bench for a contender or starting for a team with young players trying to develop. We're that second thing right now but we need to find a way out of it. Wall isn't getting younger and if Beal gets any more injuries he's going to need a suit like Vader to keep him moving. My point is that Dudley staying or going is something I hope to see greatly overshadowed by hiring a new GM, a new coach, and adding a star player in the next two off seasons.

Trades are out there to be made. Atlanta is thinking about blowing their team up. Milwaukee face planted. They aren't the only teams that might be interested in moving some of their better players in search of a improved chemistry. Plus you've got a lot of free agents that aren't stars but aren't bad this season and some RFAs. Mozgov for example could provide a cheaper center than Gortat, if Gortat was included in a trade and we needed a starter (not advocating, just providing an example). The Wizards are a giant pile of expiring contract and in position to remake themselves, that doesn't happen often and they've got to take advantage of it.

What would we have to give up for Anderson? He's an expiring. A two month rental for a team five games under .500 doesn't seem realistic.

But I really really want Anderson on this team. He's a perfect fit. Can start or come off the bench. Outstanding third option scorer. One of the best three point shooters in the NBA.

If he was on this team today, we'd be playoff bound.

Re: PJ Tucker, he's a solid player but I'm much less enthused about him. I guess he'd give us what we thought we were going to get with Alan Anderson. But doesn't help our log jam on the wing and lack of power forwards. The three ball is also sketchy too. Contract is full MLE money with one more year after this one, but it looks like only 1.5 million of it is guaranteed.

Was going to say anyone that throws a Robert Pack reference out there gets my respect (loved that dude). Then I got to the end...

Until then fans like me will sit at home or maybe even root for another team. That speaks volumes about how confident fans are in your ability to run this team.

Kick rocks ThePGPhenomenon. Don't let the door hit you in the ass.