Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

THis lineup would have gotten us ZERO tonight.

Wall is our only building block.

How do you figure that? I thought Seraphin outplayed McGee badly in the minutes he played, too bad he got called for a bunch of touch fouls. Booker played fine as well, though he's still quite offensively challenged. Blatche played a perfectly fine game, and I think he could really benefit from a positionally sound center in Seraphin.

In all likelihood no lineup we could have put out there would have had us compete for 48 minutes with the Bulls, which was basically my point.

How do you figure that? I thought Seraphin outplayed McGee badly in the minutes he played, too bad he got called for a bunch of touch fouls. Booker played fine as well, though he's still quite offensively challenged. Blatche played a perfectly fine game, and I think he could really benefit from a positionally sound center in Seraphin.

In all likelihood no lineup we could have put out there would have had us compete for 48 minutes with the Bulls, which was basically my point.

I was at the game, no Wizards players deserved to be on the floor. They all sucked.

McGee hardly a scorer, and Seraphin was barely a presence. Are you kidding me?????

A good article about Seraphin's development:

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2011/02/kevin-seraphins-development-from-illegal-screens-to-strong-post-moves-washington-wizards.html

I really like Seraphin. It's funny how he's been playing basketball for only a few years and he already shows more mental toughness and a better IQ than McGee who grew up in a basketball family. :ols: :doh:

Hopefully we see a lot more from Booker and Seraphin for the rest of the year.

Other than Wall is there a starter on this team you'd keep?

Blache, obviously not

McGee, has back up center written all over him.

Nick Young, horribly inconsistent would be better as a scoring threat off the bench.

Josh Howard, maybe.

About right. I think McGee and Young, on the right team, could be starters. They both have talent. Not the Wizards right now. They would need a veteran heavy team. A shut the **** up and do your work, sort of team. I think though, both will end up like you said. A back-up and a 6th man.

I'm not going to pretend that anybody besides Wall is a great prospect. But I do know that the smart move is to play those guys as much as possible for the rest of the season. If that means you're using a lot of Crawford and Booker. Then good.

I think McGee has the raw ability, but his head isn't into it. Maybe that's on him, or the coaching, or both. I think priority number #1 will be getting coaches who specialize in developing young talent.

The lineup that needs to be playing is...

Wall

NY

Howard

Booker

Seraphin

I think that lineup gives us the most energy and passion off the bench and best plays to Wall's strengths. Sometimes, esp with Booker and Seraphin, dmb **** will happen, but at least they'll care and grow from it.

As far as McGee, I think his problem is that he did come from a bball family. He doesnt play within himself. His mom has pumped his head with so much bull**** he thinks he can block every shot and bring the ball up court and dunk from the free throw line in game. Whatever other dumb **** he does.

And I just can't take serious anyone who thinks Blatche is playing well. He's the laziest **** that ever lived. He's a PF that plays around the 3 point line. He doesn't get back on D and protect the rim. He doesn't fight for rebounds. He's forever slow on switching off and playing help D. He is the bane of my existence.

Oh and Wall will be better than Rose. I just got a feeling.

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

The lineup that needs to be playing is...

Wall

NY

Howard

Booker

Seraphin

I think that lineup gives us the most energy and passion off the bench and best plays to Wall's strengths. Sometimes, esp with Booker and Seraphin, dmb **** will happen, but at least they'll care and grow from it.

As far as McGee, I think his problem is that he did come from a bball family. He doesnt play within himself. His mom has pumped his head with so much bull**** he thinks he can block every shot and bring the ball up court and dunk from the free throw line in game. Whatever other dumb **** he does.

And I just can't take serious anyone who thinks Blatche is playing well. He's the laziest **** that ever lived. He's a PF that plays around the 3 point line. He doesn't get back on D and protect the rim. He doesn't fight for rebounds. He's forever slow on switching off and playing help D. He is the bane of my existence.

Oh and Wall will be better than Rose. I just got a feeling.

I'm finally on board....I'm done with Blatche...how irritating...the guy has tons of talent and has a PF frame, but he plays like ***** idiot and I've had it.

I like your lineup above, although i wouldn't mind moving Nick to the 3 and putting Crawford at the 2...just for ****s and giggles...see what happens.

We are getting out rebounded badly by a team with no bigs. haha

Eh, that happens when you play a team that takes as many long jumpers as the Warriors do.

Our offense needs to be run through Blatche and Young. No one else has the capability of doing any damage at all. Hopefully Young finds the stroke he had to start the game, didn't take the Warriors too long to realize that Ellis was too small to guard him.

Eh, that happens when you play a team that takes as many long jumpers as the Warriors do.

Our offense needs to be run through Blatche and Young. No one else has the capability of doing any damage at all. Hopefully Young finds the stroke he had to start the game, didn't take the Warriors too long to realize that Ellis was too small to guard him.

The only thing that needs to be run through blatche is a train. This team sucks.

The only thing that needs to be run through blatche is a train. This team sucks.
lol, be that as it may, him and Young are the only two players that can get a decent shot for themselves.

Anyway, good game from Blatche, Young and Booker. Nice to see McGee get his ass sat on the bench.

Hopefully the lineup of Wall, Young, Booker, Blatche, Seraphin comes to fruition and McGee is shipped out ASAP. We're a better team with even a gimpy Blatche at C.

Booker earned some SERIOUS PT in the future (hopefully) after this game tonight...

what about this idea...Start Blatche at C and Booker at PF? Give it a try for a few games and see what happens....dude (Booker) is relentless on defense and is actually...*gasp* physical. We need a guy like him getting consistent minutes.

As far as Seraphin...EG needs to give him every game tape of Kendrick Perkins to watch over the summer. Love his upside.

Booker earned some SERIOUS PT in the future (hopefully) after this game tonight...

what about this idea...Start Blatche at C and Booker at PF? Give it a try for a few games and see what happens....dude (Booker) is relentless on defense and is actually...*gasp* physical. We need a guy like him getting consistent minutes.

As far as Seraphin...EG needs to give him every game tape of Kendrick Perkins to watch over the summer. Love his upside.

not to mention he actually gets points in the paint, something our current bigs seem to be allergic to

lol, be that as it may, him and Young are the only two players that can get a decent shot for themselves.

Anyway, good game from Blatche, Young and Booker. Nice to see McGee get his ass sat on the bench.

Hopefully the lineup of Wall, Young, Booker, Blatche, Seraphin comes to fruition and McGee is shipped out ASAP. We're a better team with even a gimpy Blatche at C.

Lol, the last Andray Blatche fan in the world. They need to start cloning you; before you join the ranks of the the Dodo Bird and Tasmanian Tiger.

Glad to see Booker getting some love. Dude will never be a superstar but he is the type player that championship squads are made of. I'm telling you all, Ernie killed it this last draft. All three 1sts are keepers. That's a damn good feat considering where Booker and Seraphin were selected, and if we're honest with ourselves, not one of us was calling for either of them to be drafted.

I can't disagree more with people who say Ernie has sucked in the draft. I hear that bull**** on 106.7 everyday.

On a related note, if Ernie does end up being fired, how about Dumars as his replacement? There's a possibility he's gone when new ownership takes over in Detroit.

I dunno about Dumars...he traded for Iverson to get salary cap space, then blew all the money on Charlie V. and Ben Gordon...he gave big moeny to an over-the-hill (in NBA terms) Rip Hamilton...also, not trying to move some of the other vets on his roster to start the rebuild. Detroit is in TERRIBLE shape and a lot of that falls on Dumars' shoulders.

In all honestly, I think I'd see if Kevin Pritchard was interested in this job (assuming EG is let go).

In thinking about it, I wonder how much EG was handcuffed by Abe Polin? Not for nothing but EG has done a GREAT job since Leonsis took over.

As a UNC fan, you don't want Harrison Barnes, he's not ready. He's been playing well lately, but he still has a long way to go. If anyone saw him last night, he was terrible in the first half, 0-6. I like him don't get me wrong, but he's not NBA ready yet.

Ok I was wrong. He's ready!

Glad to see Booker getting some love. Dude will never be a superstar but he is the type player that championship squads are made of. I'm telling you all, Ernie killed it this last draft. All three 1sts are keepers. That's a damn good feat considering where Booker and Seraphin were selected, and if we're honest with ourselves, not one of us was calling for either of them to be drafted.

I can't say that I called them drafting Booker, but when we did draft him, somewhere in this thread, I told you guys he was a baller. I get alot of Clemson games here. He was a starter every year and pretty much their star player. He's a little undersized to play the 4, but he uses his body well to block out. You don't have to be 6-9 and 270lbs to play power forward. You have to be strong and know how to use your body to get position.

I played parks and rec basketball growing up. I'm 5-9 and I was the tallest kid out there. One of my coaches wanted to play a 1-3-1 defense. He wanted us to run and gun. It was essential that the man under the basket be fast enough to go baseline to baseline and rebound. Guess who that guy was? Me. I knew how to use my ass and hips to block out defenders. I got alot of rebounds and alot of "over the back" calls on rebounds.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2011 at 10:29 AM ----------

I dunno about Dumars...he traded for Iverson to get salary cap space, then blew all the money on Charlie V. and Ben Gordon...he gave big moeny to an over-the-hill (in NBA terms) Rip Hamilton...also, not trying to move some of the other vets on his roster to start the rebuild. Detroit is in TERRIBLE shape and a lot of that falls on Dumars' shoulders.

In all honestly, I think I'd see if Kevin Pritchard was interested in this job (assuming EG is let go).

In thinking about it, I wonder how much EG was handcuffed by Abe Polin? Not for nothing but EG has done a GREAT job since Leonsis took over.

I wouldn't mind Walsh if NY lets him go. He seems to build winners. He built Indiana and cleaned up Isaiah's mess in NY, until Dolan stepped in with the Anthony trade.

Edited by pjfootballer

I would mind Walsh if NY lets him go. He seems to build winners. He built Indiana and cleaned up Isaiah's mess in NY, until Dolan stepped in with the Anthony trade.

I assume that you meant to say that you wouldn't mind Walsh, because I would certainly be interested in him if he is on the outs in NY and we end up having an opening.