Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2011/2/28/2020902/mike-bibby-buyout-wizards-hawks

the trade is looking even better now that his money is off the books

so what was your favorite moment of the Bibby Era?

If that is the case, I love the trade even more. We took on hinrich and got a 1st round pick. Flipped him into another 1st and a very young/raw prospect AND we get ride of Bibby's insane 6 million price tag. Phenomenal.

---------- Post added February-28th-2011 at 04:01 PM ----------

If only we could lure Howard here. Howard, Wall, Booker, top 3 pick and one other FA would be too nice.

He is not coming here. It is going to be a few more years until we can lure a big time FA. We have to become respectable again, and we have a ways to go. I bet anyone here $10 that he will be a Laker.

Edited by Duckus

McGee is the dumbest athlete in the history of civilization. Seriously, there are athletes in high school who probably have better fundamentals than this loser

This teams energy sucks ass when Blatche and McGee are starting and paired together. Neither are team players.

Edited by No Excuses

McGee is absolutely terrible. He will never be a center, let alone a starting center in this league. Dude has next to no offensive skills or instincts. I'd love to see us trade him ASAP before his value plummets.

I'd sooner get rid of him than get rid of Blatche.

McGee is the dumbest athlete in the history of civilization. Seriously, there are athletes in high school who probably have better fundamentals than this loser

This teams energy sucks ass when Blatche and McGee are starting and paired together. Neither are team players.

i've seen turtles with more intelligence than McGee

The contrast in the IQ between a good center like Noah and an average center like McGee is just remarkable.

I just don't get why he's still so clueless on the court. He comes from a basketball family! He's been around this sport his entire life. Why does he play like a ****ing idiot?

---------- Post added February-28th-2011 at 09:25 PM ----------

As for the game, this was expected. Chicago has the best defense in the league and I wouldn't be surprised if they represent the East in the finals.

Tom Thibs is a great coach. Wish Eddie Jordan hadn't ran him out of the ****ing organization.

Other than Wall is there a starter on this team you'd keep?

Blache, obviously not

McGee, has back up center written all over him.

Nick Young, horribly inconsistent would be better as a scoring threat off the bench.

Josh Howard, maybe.

I still like McGee, but it's a bit troubling that in three years he's barely improved at all. I'd hang on to him because I don't think we'd get decent value for him, and he might still pan out. I think he can be a really good energy big man off the bench, but he probably won't ever be a starting C on a title contender.

I'd dump Blatche for whatever we can get. It's no coincidence that without Blatche we play two contenders really tough, but when he comes back we get blown out by almost 30.

Young is a keeper, but you're right on a good team he's probably a 6th man. Still for now he's our best offensive threat.

Nobody else really stands out. Howard will probably be back because he'll come cheap and gives us an experienced vet. Shard's contract makes him virtually untradable.

Other than Wall is there a starter on this team you'd keep?

Blache, obviously not

McGee, has back up center written all over him.

Nick Young, horribly inconsistent would be better as a scoring threat off the bench.

Josh Howard, maybe.

I went to the game tonight. Watched Rose dominate the Wizards. Wall isn't even on the same plane as Rose.

Wizards have a long way to go. Did find out that they are changing their colors next year but not their name.

I'd dump Blatche for whatever we can get. It's no coincidence that without Blatche we play two contenders really tough, but when he comes back we get blown out by almost 30.

This line of thinking is so dumb. We got demolished by a far better team, it didn't matter who was on the floor. This team has looked good with Blatche out of the lineup and with Blatche in the lineup. It's also looked good with Wall out of the lineup and looked good when he was injured. This team is young and inconsistent and to say that it had anything to do with Blatche is really disingenuous. Maybe it helps people rationalize how bad this team is, but it has nothing to do with anything. Really the only player that I can say with 100% certainty this team has looked really bad when they weren't in the lineup is Nick Young this season. Other than him it doesn't really matter who plays, some games will go well, other games will be awful.

The only 2 players worth keeping in the starting lineup right now are Wall and Young. That's it. I think with a real center Blatche could play well, but when you have McGee getting completely out of position on every defensive series it makes life difficult. It's only a matter of time till Seraphin starts.

I'd love to see a lineup of:

Wall

Young

Booker

Blatche

Seraphin

We'd be making a huge mistake bringing back Howard as well. He has absolutely no legs left. Look at how terrible his elevation is on his jumper now. He almost can't get it to the basket from 15+ feet out. He was getting absolutely shredded by Deng as well, leading to him hardly playing in the second half at all. He's done.

I'd love to see a lineup of:

Wall

Young

Booker

Blatche

Seraphin

We'd be making a huge mistake bringing back Howard as well. He has absolutely no legs left. Look at how terrible his elevation is on his jumper now. He almost can't get it to the basket from 15+ feet out. He was getting absolutely shredded by Deng as well, leading to him hardly playing in the second half at all. He's done.

THis lineup would have gotten us ZERO tonight.

Wall is our only building block.