Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, who else would you need Ariza to guard?

But Augustin comes off the bench though. The rotations won't line up evenly in the first half because Ariza is one of our first guys to sub out in the first quarter.

*sigh*

Just makes me wish Chris Singleton was actually good. 

Defense was his forte when he came out of FSU.  As a matter of fact, I think he was DPOY in the ACC.  Dude is beyond awful and might be out of the league after this season.  What a waste of a pick. 

from Grantland

http://grantland.com/features/nba-playoffs-2014-33-burning-questions-from-round-1/

"The good news for Wizards fans: Just in the past decade, Alvin Gentry and Mike Brown coached in Round 3; Flip Saunders took two different teams to Round 3; and Scott Brooks made two conference finals and the actual Finals. Don’t those four guys make you feel a little better about Randy Wittman?"

*sigh*

Defense was his forte when he came out of FSU. As a matter of fact, I think he was DPOY in the ACC. Dude is beyond awful and might be out of the league after this season. What a waste of a pick.

Probably ruined his career when they tried to turn him into a PF. He shouldn't have done anything but work on his three point shot and defense. Trying to turn wings into bigs doesn't work.

Probably ruined his career when they tried to turn him into a PF. He shouldn't have done anything but work on his three point shot and defense. Trying to turn wings into bigs doesn't work.

You hit the nail on the head.  Ariza's defense has been nothing short of great in the 2 games vs. the bulls.  I just wish we had someone else on the roster who could have matched his versatility as a sub.  Singleton COULD have been that guy, but oh well....

*sigh*

Defense was his forte when he came out of FSU.  As a matter of fact, I think he was DPOY in the ACC.  Dude is beyond awful and might be out of the league after this season.  What a waste of a pick.

Ariza can guard Augustin in the 4th because Chicago usually goes with him and Gibson for the 4th.

Augustin is going to be a pesky matchup all series because Andre Miller can't guard him and we only play three guards. But the flip side is that Augustin can't guard Miller at all either.

Singleton is a major disappointment. I thought for sure that he'd be a very good stopper like he was in college. Capable of guarding every position. He's always been strong and big and fast enough to do it. He just doesn't do enough offensively to get on the court.

Should we consider starting Webster and not bringing Ariza in until Augustin enters?

I was thinking about that too, but I wouldn't want to mess up the great rhythm our starting 5 have together. John dominates Hinrich and gets him in foul trouble pretty quickly. So although Augustin doesn't start, he ends up playing more than Hinrich.

At least that's the way it went the first 2 games.

Otto is they key. If we can hit on him like Wall and Beal, well be in even better position. And maybe that will be the thing that brings quality players here to compete.

I just noticed I replied to an older post. Lol

As far as tonight. I can feel the energy, this city is ready to explode. We have Chicago in the ropes, we have to come out tonight and force our will. I am predicting a huge game from Ariza. At least four threes tonight.