Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I think he wants an all SF lineup. All that's left to do is bring back Ernie's ex man crush Josh Childress and we can run a line up with Childress, Deng, Otto, Ariza and Webster.

I think you'd still need a center but four guys that naturally play SF could make a great team.....

Lebron - PG 

Paul George - SG

Kevin Durant - SF 

Carmelo Anthony - PF 

Chris Bosh - C

That may be the most versatile and athletic lineup ever.  

Edited by Destino

They did have him playing SG during the summer league.........

All part of Randy's confidence building program.  

Step 1 - Destroy their confidence 

Step 2 - ???

Step 3 - Playoffs.

Vesely and Maynor (2 of Grunfeld's greatest hits) for Andre Miller in the works

Not that the team needs Vesely but Andre Miller is a huge mistake.  He doesn't have the speed to run Randy's "offense".

I'm very nervous about what EG is going to do at the deadline.  I'm preparing myself mentally for him to make a deal that's mind-blowingly stupid just for a backup PG.  SMH. 

It would be hard for him to top the day 1 free agency signing of my hometown stiff Maynor but I have confidence EG can **** it up.

I hope we don't trade Booker.  I like his ability to get boards, toughness, hustle, etc.   

The Nuggets will probably waive Andre Miller if he can't be traded and then after he could be had for much cheaper.

Of course that means we will trade for him.

Vesely shows he can defend and rebound which in the NBA, no matter what Randy thinks, is valuable.  Best to immediately turn around and trade him for 37 year old point guard that can't run a drive and kick offense.  I'm going to enjoy watching Andre Miller lose his mind the first time Randy puts him in the doghouse for his poor defense.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account

‏@WojYahooNBA

In 3-team deal, Washington will send Eric Maynor and two 2nd-round picks to the Sixers to complete Andre Miller trade, source tells Yahoo.

Michael Lee

‏@MrMichaelLee

#wizards closing on 3-way deal with DEN & PHI for Andre Miller. Jan Vesely to DEN. Eric Maynor & picks to PHI. Miller to DC

Adrian WojnarowskiVerified account

‏@WojYahooNBA

Washington will get Andre Miller, Denver gets Vesley and Philadelphia gets Maynor and two second-round picks.

R.I.P. to the Vesely Era, slightly more entertaining than the Pecherov Era.

Edited by StillUnknown

Kyrie & Ariza are going to BALL us for years to come if we make that trade....

Vesely shows he can defend and rebound which in the NBA, no matter what Randy thinks, is valuable.  Best to immediately turn around and trade him for 37 year old point guard that can't run a drive and kick offense.  I'm going to enjoy watching Andre Miller lose his mind the first time Randy puts him in the doghouse for his poor defense.  

At this point of career, is Andre Miller even an upgrade over Temple?

This team had Kendall Marshall...same handle, better passer 15 years younger. This is the WORST FO in the NBA

My favorite part is that they didn't even give him a look.  Just passed immediately because giving the local kid a work out would cut into Grunfeld's free time.  

Ernie is a total piece of ****.  

• Like 1

The necessity for a backup PG is due to EG's incompetence.  How he still has a job is baffling. 

1.  Rushed to sign Maynor. 

2.  We had Kendall Marshall and never gave him a chance. 

All EG is doing is cleaning up his own mess.  SMH. 

Miller is a player that we need, but when you look at WHY we need him, it's laughable.  This all falls on EG. 

Andre Miller is owed $4.6 million next year, most of which I think is guaranteed.

This is typical Ernie. Years and years of bad moves and then attempts to patch them up with stopgaps that generally don't work out.

Ted and Ernie can go **** themselves. If either Ernie or Randy get an extension beyond this season I am officially calling it quits on this franchise.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1