Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Doesn't anybody not agree that Otto's minutes are more a reflection of Randy's coaching and not Otto's ability? 

Its frustrating. This team doesn't use its bench properly...and if its because the bench isn't "good enough" then why are they your bench?

Randy doesn't know the basic premise of "use all of your bench" during the regular season and "shorten" your bench in the playoffs.  What an idiot.  I'm so tired of our coaches putting players "in their doghouse" from Shanahan, to Wittman and now Oates.  One down, two to go...and I mean go, get out of here.  Teaching is part of coaching and if you aren't willing to let players make mistakes and then teach them now not to make mistakes, then coaching isn't for you.

It's hard to say...in limited minutes, he hasn't looked good.  There has to be a reason why he's getting no burn.  Obviously, you would expect for him to play in blowout wins/losses.  That hasn't happened either.  Either play the man or dangle him as trade bait.  He was the #3 pick for a reason and said to be the most NBA "ready" prospect in the draft.  Still waiting on him to show something.  Not sure what gives.

He's doing the same thing to Ves and Seraphin.  Shoots down their confidence, brings it back up.  Like a yo-yo.

Randy doesn't develop anything but sadness. Is there anything you've ever seen him do that makes a young player confident? Getting rid of Crawford is the only thing that comes to mind. He throws his guys under the bus and dog houses them for small mistakes for weeks at a time.

On top of that his offense is hot garbage and he can't draw up a play worth a damn.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 3

Speaking of dominating the d-league. Glen Rice Jr did just that in his rehab stint, yet still hasnt gotten any PT. Team is desperate for scorers, and they let a young one (who can also create his own shot) sit on the bench.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

Hawks all banged up..

Washington Wizards (@WashWizards) @ATLHawks: Injury updates:Pero: Out Gustavo: Out DeMarre: Game-time decision Lou: Probable

Im sure it will come down to the 4th qtr tho.

Blow these fools out. They have 0 bigs. Nene and Gortat should both have dub-dubs.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

They will make the playoffs on crappy conference alone and be swept in the first round by a better (but still mediocre) squad.

Sigh...

They're not going to get swept in the playoffs unless they play Indy.

Love the way we played D in the first quarter.

When John gets into one of these playmaking zones early and gets the other guys involved, good things happen. I think that has to be John's initial approach in games. Get your teammates juiced up and in the flow of the game, confident, aggressive.

They're not going to get swept in the playoffs unless they play Indy.

Love the way we played D in the first quarter.

When John gets into one of these playmaking zones early and gets the other guys involved, good things happen. I think that has to be John's initial approach in games. Get your teammates juiced up and in the flow of the game, confident, aggressive.

If we play Indy I may choose to not watch. Indy dismantles the wizards offense and in the playoffs with a game plan and practice? Might be humiliating.

Booker coming up huge right now. Hustle and scoring at least.

He's giving up more than what he gets you though. He's letting Millsap get to the rim.

I like that you can pass him the ball and he can find a way to score. And I like when he chases a play down and gets a hand on it. But you can't live with his D and his total lack of work off the ball on offense.