Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Negatives: they let a team that was beat up and playing backups hang around until the end. Positives: we actually won, and with 48 seconds and 30 seconds respectively, Porter and Ves doubled their playing time for the season... Oh and Ves managed to somehow not foul out in his 30 seconds. :)

• Like 1

28 games left. Wizards have 5 more wins than the 11th ranked Knicks and 3 less than the 3rd ranked Raptors. Point is that there is very little room for error, a losing skid right now could absolutely ruin the season. Atlanta falling apart is a great thing.

Would be good to win @toronto and @cleveland. Losing both would be bad. We have the Pelicants and Orlando as well to close out February.

Washington Wizards are interested in trading for Orlando's Jameer Nelson. Magic looking for a second-round pick, according to a source.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/news/20140219/nba-trade-deadline-primer-rumors-celtics-knicks-lakers/#ixzz2tpkCDKfY

The Wizards have actively pursued a backup point guard, with Denver's Miller and Milwaukee's Ridnour at the top of the list. Sacramento's Fredette and Orlando's Nelson are expected to be considered, too. Washington would love to add an impact big man -- the front office is high on Detroit's Monroe -- but it's unlikely it will have the pieces needed to satisfy Detroit. With a strong desire to move up in the East, though, expect the Wizards to aggressively pursue a deal.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

We do need a backup PG. I think that will solve a lot of ills. But I'm not sure how you get Jameer Nelson without paying lux tax this year. That's something we don't want to do. We don't want to have to pay repeater tax and getting a lux tax year at the beginning of the Wall/Beal era hampers us later on, when you're going to have to be spending more as Wall and Beal make a ton more money.

I'm very nervous about what EG is going to do at the deadline.  I'm preparing myself mentally for him to make a deal that's mind-blowingly stupid just for a backup PG.  SMH.

I actually don't worry that much about Ernie trades for vets. He's mostly avoided killer midseason trades. FA and the draft is what makes me nervous. Trading picks or passing over the obvious choices is more of a threat with Ernie.

Marc SteinVerified account

‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing: Wizards -- who tried to acquire Luol Deng from Bulls at last NBA Draft -- are among teams in Deadline Day talks with Cavs on Deng

Grunfeld has yet to end his fascination with small forwards.

Edited by StillUnknown

Marc SteinVerified account

‏@ESPNSteinLine

Hearing: Wizards -- who tried to acquire Luol Deng from Bulls at last NBA Draft -- are among teams in Deadline Day talks with Cavs on Deng

Grunfeld has yet to end his fascination with small forwards.

Does that mean Otto will be told he's a PF/C next season?