Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Still a great showing by Beal on a big stage... wow, Sir Charles predicts Wash will wind up #3 seed.

We're going to have to make a run in the next 30 games to do it.  It's a bit of a stretch.  I still think Toronto is a better team.  They play together, everyone in a role, they have good talent, seem to be well coached, and their division is still the weakest one.  They've got more good players than we do.  Their best players are worse than ours, but their depth from 3-10 is a lot better.

Last Wizard in the final of the 3 pt contest was Gil IIRC.  He lost to Jason Kapono in 2007 I think.  

I just looked it up, Kapono too scored 24 points in that final round that year.

Wall isn't the favorite.  He's the third best dunker on this East squad...  But he's got a chance.  He's a great ball handler and he's a freak athlete.

Is there anyone better for a team dunk format than Wall?

But I don't see him winning the thing individually.  Wall's genius is in making his teammates look good.  But I don't think he's a better individual dunker than George, Ross, and McLemore are.  I think it comes down to McLemore and George.

George and Blake Griffin could win this thing every year if they really wanted to.

• Like 1