Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Ernie is looking at trading Rice for Udrih, smh.

Where are you seeing this, Joe?

Edit- Okay, so apparently Udrih is requesting a trade out of NY. His stat line is dreadful but I'm not sure if that's simply due to a lack of activity. Either way, it sure doesn't seem like a player we need and I don't see where he'd be an upgrade over Rice.

Edited by Chachie

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2014/02/14/john-wall-says-wizards-fans-deserve-a-lot-more/

John Wall says Wizards fans ‘deserve a lot more’

“If you had your druthers would you rather be the Wizards or the Bullets?” Simmons also asked.

“I love the Wizards but I like the Bullets,” Wall said, wisely. “I just like the way their jerseys [were] and I like the name. I think a lot of fans love [the Bullets], but I’m a Washington Wizard and I love it.”

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/2/15/5414130/rodrigue-beaubois-wizards-nba-rumors-2014

Wizards 'expected to bring' Rodridgue Beaubois in for a workout, according to report

Here's an interesting possible solution to the Wizards' backup point guard dilemma. The team is expected to be among the several that will bring former Dallas Mavericks rising prospect Rodrigue Beaubois in for a workout, according to Chris Haynes of CSN Northwest.

To pull this off, the Wizards would need to create roster space, as they are at the maximum number of 15 players. That'd mean dealing one away for a trade exception or taking back one in a different trade for two. If they waive any of their 15 players, they'd have to pay their full guaranteed salary.

Beaubois was once a very strong prospect for the Mavericks and even had what appeared to be a breakout moment in a 2010 playoff game. But his game soon stagnated, thanks in large part to breaking his left foot twice and then having three procedures on a fractured hand. He will turn 26 later this month.

My guess here is that this would be something the Wizards would look at in addition to and after acquiring someone else, if they are indeed serious.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

What i dont understand is why you can buy multiple Bullets related items at the phone booth, but the team refuses to both release a throw back bullets jersey, or change the name.

For me, getting the name back would be the closest thing to a championship ive ever known.

Infuriating because we know it's all about selling gear for two teams to one fan base. Grrr...

Edit- I think what I mean is, if you're going to be the Wizards, BE the Wizards.

Don't go back on your "morals" for a dollar. This was going on before Ted became majority owner and I could never understand how the Pollin family could continue to sell the concept they condemned.

Edited by Chachie

Don't go back on your "morals" for a dollar. This was going on before Ted became majority owner and I could never understand how the Pollin family could continue to sell the concept they condemned.

My guess is that its because no one has any guts to keep the name in this pc world, but they dont want to let that cash flow go. I'd say atleast 50% of the fans are wearing Bullets gear there. In fact, just about every person i seen wearing a wizards anything was 12 or younger.

• Like 1

My guess is that its because no one has any guts to keep the name in this pc world, but they dont want to let that cash flow go. I'd say atleast 50% of the fans are wearing Bullets gear there. In fact, just about every person i seen wearing a wizards anything was 12 or younger.

Big time, and I get that but that's exactly my problem with it. Abe Pollin condemned the name... but continued to sell the gear and so did his wife. 

Just go back to Bullets!!!

How amazing world it be if Beal and Wall both won their events? Put us on the map for real

Eh, Abe (who I'll always love and respect for building the Verizon Center with his own $$$ (was he the last sports owner to do this?)) but he changed the name before the whole PC World was in effedt

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.