Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

That'll do it. Picked a bad time to watch my first full Wizards game of the season.

Don't think I'll make that mistake again until some moves are made.

Tonight sucked--and more of the same--but you'd still be missing out. This is still a real fun team to watch most(? At least some) of the time.

• Like 2

Bad loss. Unacceptable loss really if we're talking about trying to be a top 5 or 6 seed. Now we have to nut up and beat some good ****ing teams.

Wall didn't start playing until six minutes were left and that's the biggest reason we lost.

Didn't see the game but I was keeping track and Wall was struggling with his shooting in the first half from what I can tell from the box score but was very limited.

I have never been a supporter for Wittman but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, I was outraged when he talked to Wall for doing to much. First you bring that **** to the media and then you tell your best player he was doing too much when nobody else was doing **** but standing at the 3 point line bricking 3s. He basically put that lost all on Wall which was horse ****, now you put doubt in the mans head when ever he starts struggling. Wall had a bad shooting night it happens he shot 29 shots which is a lot but most of them came on drives to the paint trying to draw a foul and make a play after your team went down 15 points. I am fine with giving advice but don't put the game on Wall after the man gave it his all, I usually criticize Wall for being to passive and in don't give a **** mode after he starts struggling and pulling a disappearing act. Wall put the team on his shoulders and gave them a good chance to win, 2 wide open shots from your second best player lost the game, horrible defense letting Wallace get a easy layup lost the game NOT WALL DOING TO MUCH.

I'm no Wittman apologist, but why is it that when we win, it's in spite of him...but when we lose, it's because of him?

The players were AWFUL last night.  Wittman can only get so much blame.  He's an easy scapegoat (and trust me, I do think we need an upgrade at some point), but there was blame to go all around for what happened last night. 

Players have to shoulder some of the blame as well.  Last night was a perfect example of that. 

Players aren't blameless, but if they're running a ****ty offense to begin with, there's only so much they can do. Randy's calling card is supposed to be defense and getting through to his players, he hasn't done much of either this season.

• Like 2

Other then the frustrating trek for topping .500 falling short again, I don't see last night's loss as being such a big deal. It's a Western Conference road trip and there are simply no easy wins. Fatigue is the opponent's 6th man out there. We shoulda but we didn't.

As for Wittman, I like the focus on defense but Leonsis won't prove to the fan base that he's serious until he hires a coach that Wall and Beal can revere as a winner. Those two are the only players that fit into the puzzle for the next 5+ years. So unfair to them because they can take this thing pretty far with the right scheme and complimentary cast.

To waste more Wall/Beal developmental seasons on Wittman is admitting ultimate defeat. Even Randy knows it.

• Like 2

We had to beat Utah and we didn't. It was a really bad loss. We've got five of the best teams in the league up next.

In January and the first three games of February, we played every good team in the league. All 8 playoff teams for the West (Spurs, Blazers, Thunder, Rockets, Clippers, Warriors [twice], Mavericks, and Suns) plus Indy and Miami. Plus Toronto and Chicago twice if you want to count them. This was the hardest chunk of our schedule by far. To keep afloat during this part of the schedule, we needed to beat every team that's worse than us and we needed to steal a couple of wins against the ones who are better. We didn't do it.

We undid the positive work we did in beating Chicago, Phoenix, and Miami by losing to Detroit, Boston, and Utah. Boston and Utah are freaking tanking.

We're probably going to fall five or six games below .500 by the end of this stretch and we'll probably spend the rest of the seasons trying to dig ourselves out of that hole. Chicago is well-seasoned and enjoys a huge coaching advantage. Toronto is better than we are. Brooklyn is a lot deeper and more talented. And Atlanta keeps winning.

We're going to get the 7th or 8th seed, lose our draft pick, and get utterly embarrassed in the first round of the playoffs. Ted Leonsis will sell that as the progress we've waited for and extend both Ernie and Wittman another two or three years. Ernie will extend Gortat and probably Ariza too. We'll be capped out for the next several summers and make no other major additions. And we'll waste another two or three years of John's career with an awful coach. The worst coach in the league. The most distressing habits of Wall and Beal under Wittman's tutelage will be set by then. Otto will probably rot away in light usage until we've completely given up on him. And in three years everyone will be wondering whether you can ever get over the hump with a team built around Wall and Beal, or lamenting the fact they were never given a decent chance.

SteveMcqueen  Les Curse of Les Boulez.

A lot of our curse is a result of bad management.

I doubt we're getting a better chance then winning a #1 pick in a year with a franchise player, and then winning two more #3 picks within three years of that. Not any time soon at any rate.

That's all a good organization needs to build a long term contender. Teams have done more with significantly less.

If we blow it with Wall and Beal, we deserve to remain the loser, second rate organization we have been for the past 34 years.

• Like 1