Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Nene needs to write a letter to the league or something. Guy gets zero calls.

Good hustle Otto! Nice OReb. Plays good d and he's hustlin. The shot will come. He's got the "can't be taught" side of the game down.

Edited by STBonecrusher21

All of our starters played very well. Though Nene and Gortat ran out of gas at the end of the game there.

John had a somewhat quiet night but he was excellent. Only a few mistakes and he made a ton of big plays.

The only guy who got minutes who was flat out bad was Seraphin. When he's bad, it's really ugly. He's the most hot and cold player on the team.

I liked Porter's contribution too. The offensive game isn't up to speed yet. He's pressing on that side of the ball. But he's an impactful defender and rebounder. And I thought Temple did a nice job in transition and on defense. Booker was solid but, made a few mistakes, and looked very sluggish at the end. But he's pretty reliable.

Yeah the sleeved jerseys look amateur.

I think it's at least partially the design.  They look like something I could have ordered online.  Orange T-shirt, drag and drop giant logo on the front, and add numbers.  Did their shirt supplier not have the ability to put the normal color combos on the sleeved jerseys?  The shorts might have been worse, not sure what their weird stripe was but it looks like their asses grew a thin mustache.  

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

I think the Wizards got bailed out tonight by a lot of really fortunate bounces on offensive rebounds.  Some were earned but a lot of them just bounced right to Wizards players and over the Suns that were around the basket.  

Nene needs to stop ****ing about fouls while the ball is still in play.  He had a terrible sequence in the 4th where he traveled and then didn't rotate on the defensive end allowing a undefended rim layup.  He had a good game statistically but he made a lot of mistakes tonight and many of them were late in the game.  

The wizards were living in the passing lanes tonight and it felt like they were getting a steal every third possession.  Great team defense. 

Last point:  The Nets have figured it out.  Only a matter of time before they fly past the Wizards, Hawks, and Raptors.  Say goodbye to the 3rd seed being a possibility.   

Edited by Destino