Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Not gonna win many games shooting 35%.

Especially when you combine that with the amount of turnovers we've committed.

That's worse. Remember last season when people where talking about Seraphin's defense? What happened....

This is what frustrates me most about him. Last year, he was somewhat of an enforcer, this year, he's as soft as baby ****. He obviously refined his post moves, but it seems to be at the expense of every other part of his game.

Edited by StillUnknown

Especially when you combine that with the amount of turnovers we've committed.

With Beal healthy - 30+ assists, 10 TOs.

Beal injured/out - 20 assists, 20+ TOs.

Kinda throws the whole thing off.

Martell could be 8-8 from 3 right now and we would still be losing.

Edited by mboyd784

Wall, put the offense on your back and start attacking. Don't sit there and let Ariza try and create something off the dribble from the top of the key. Don't dump it off to Nene and let him pump fake for 15 seconds while everyone else stands around before driving the lane and shooting that wild running hook and/or turning it over.

Look at the team loafing to their spots. Coasting through the sets. They didn't show up tonight.

Rudy Gay isn't the solution.

That's your opinion.

I still feel they need someone that even when everything is going to crap can still play at a high level and score to help keep the game close or even win it. From what I've read on his scouting report, he has the build to develop into a 4 guy, not just a 3. I really like what Okafor is going right now at the 5 and that there's no telling where we going to draft or even if who we get isn't a bust.

They have players here to be competitive, and I'll be damned if I support them losing to get another lottery pick. We still haven't won anything trying that either.

Why don't Nene just take over a game? Every game he gets in the post palming the ball waving it in the air like he is Garnett or Gasol and then he proceeds too turn the ball over. Damn dude just get aggresive and score or open it up for your teammates. Just waving the ball in the post is not working on this team your the best player on the team getting paid the most now be that guy.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 10:03 PM ----------

Wall, put the offense on your back and start attacking. Don't sit there and let Ariza try and create something off the dribble from the top of the key. Don't dump it off to Nene and let him pump fake for 15 seconds while everyone else stands around before driving the lane and shooting that wild running hook and/or turning it over.

Look at the team loafing to their spots. Coasting through the sets. They didn't show up tonight.

I see what your saying but Philly has great on ball defenders, I agree with the Nene 15 second pump faking show.

I honestly cannot remember the last time Wall made a 3pt shot.

Didn't he make less than ten last season?

I honestly don't think he's taken a 3 in rhythm since his rookie season. He always looks to pass first and then you can see him mentally go through the process: "no... the three is the right decision, take it." No chance of going in.

The hole was too big for the Wizards to climb out of tonight.

Gotta shoot better obviously, but even more important is taking care of the ball. Way too many turnovers the last couple of games.

---------- Post added January-30th-2013 at 09:18 PM ----------

Haven't really been paying much attention to college prospects, but Isaiah Austin put up 21 pts & 22 rebs tonight.

Edited by StillUnknown

And hey, am I the only one who had no idea that Wilt lead the league in assists one year? That's amazing. That should be a bigger deal, talked about more.

I knew about it. I find the little statistical oddities of the league fascinating.

I believe Wilt did that entirely out of spite. Passing over the Lilliputians trying to guard him to prove he could basically do whatever he wanted on a basketball court.

People don't realize the level of scrutiny he faced every single day for pretty much his entire career. It messed with him. I don't see how it couldn't. People screaming dirty **** at him from the stands everywhere, especially in his own home city. He hated San Francisco for that reason. The hometown fans reveled in the team's losses. Everyone hard fouling him for the entire game, trying to hurt him because they couldn't deal with him any other way. Constant media scrutiny declaring him a loser.

People hate Goliath and Wilt is the most gifted basketball player in the history of planet Earth. That's what it boiled down to basically. He broke the scoring record in 50 games his rookie year, won an MVP, completely changed the game immediately. People hated that. They didn't like to see everyone they thought of as the best players in the world and the best basketball in the world look like complete chumps to this guy who was on such a different level.