Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

A buddy sent me this about the Wizards and the 2014 Cap space...I need to know how to combat it. I feel like he is assuming A LOT but who knows, maybe he's right.

Total salary of Wizards going into 2014/2015 (FA summer of 2014) would be about 44.8 million if we pick up every team option available and extend every qualifying offer.

We're not going to want to pick up every option most likely. And the only RFA likely to get a big up front contract is Wall but you never know. Hopefully Seraphin and Crawford will necessitate bigger deals because that'd mean they're good.

Figure you've got two first round picks that'll bring the players to ten. Then you can find some role players using different exceptions. Team will probably be well under the tax level which I'm guessing is going to go up to give teams some relief from the new taxes.

I don't think we're going to have any trouble filling out a solid roster that summer. We've got all of our key guys under control except Okafor and we've pretty much always known Okafor was a two year rental at most.

I hate Cousins's beady-eyed face

---------- Post added January-28th-2013 at 08:40 PM ----------

Does Seraphin just see red when he gets the ball in the post and sees nothing but himself and the basket? I don't think he'll ever learn to pass out of the post.

Does Seraphin just see red when he gets the ball in the post and sees nothing but himself and the basket? I don't think he'll ever learn to pass out of the post.

Well to be fair... he is a terrible passer out of the post. Hes gotta work on that in the offseason.

I dont like the way Wittman is putting out the second unit. Beal is not a good pairing with Price. If Wall comes out, i think Beal should also. Crawford cant realistically put any damage on the court when he is coming in with 2-3 min left in the qt.

Well to be fair... he is a terrible passer out of the post. Hes gotta work on that in the offseason.

I dont like the way Wittman is putting out the second unit. Beal is not a good pairing with Price. If Wall comes out' date=' i think Beal should also. Crawford cant realistically put any damage on the court when he is coming in with 2-3 min left in the qt.[/quote']

I have just accepted that I will never understand Wittman's rotations. My fear is that now that we're having some success, he'll think they are working.

Man, I know the game isn't over, but I really can't wait to hear the post-game from the players. What the hell is going on guys? Stupid turnovers, and not getting assists with good ball movement. It's like we're playing down to their level. I know it sounds crazy, but this team is better then this. I've seen it, we know it, this is beyond frustrating.

---------- Post added January-28th-2013 at 09:10 PM ----------

Damn, use your TOs Wittman to regroup. Get Okafor back in there. Idk how they are still in this game after playing so god awful.

Because the Kings are Godawful as well. :doh: