Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Burn it down and salt the earth.

I want a complete outsider, I trust no one in the front office currently drawing a check from the Wizards.

Bring a shaman in to chase out the evil spirits afterwards. Grunfeld has poisoned the well and it is not a matter of getting the right player or right coach. I think they need to bring in a and a no nonsense coach and GM that are going to crack the whip. I still remember reports last season of the team watching NCAA games pregame while the opponent (might have been the pacers) were watching game tape.

Here is the fun part: the schedule starts to get brutal after Thanksgiving.

This team will be lucky to have four wins at the end of December.

Ive already penciled in 0-10, their next best chance to win will be when Charlotte comes to town next Saturday.

If they dont win that game... man idk maybe Golden State on the 8th? That would be 0-17

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

Bobcats fans actually wore bags over their heads at one time. We may as fans have to start sending a message of total disgust (as has been suggested in this thread) to show just how sick of this we are. Sort of like how we got after Snyder so bad he started banning us from bringing signs into Fedex...

Burn it down and salt the earth.

I want a complete outsider, I trust no one in the front office currently drawing a check from the Wizards.

That's how I am now. I wan't too negative on Ernie and wouldn't have minded seeing Cassell, but after this start I'm fully on board with tearing down the whole system and starting all over.

Why can't we be having this season during the Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker class?

This is a case where the one and done rule actually hurts us. We're getting a top three pick again.

At least Shabazz is going to play this year now. I think he's the only player that can make a difference for us.

The entire FO needs to go. Including the training staff.

After that, clear out a good portion of the roster. Keep Wall, Beal, Seraphin and maybe a couple other role players. Then pick Shabazz. After those drastic changes, then I could have some optimism again.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 07:38 AM ----------

BTW Shabazz is about 6'6 in shoes with a wingspan just under 7' and weighed just over 220. SF?

Shabazz is a 2 guard, and yes I would take him over Beal right now. If we get a high enough pick, we could trade Beal and get some draft picks and players out of it... hmm.

But if we could some how suck enough to get Wiggins in 2014...

If you didn't get back decent value for Beal better to just keep him and play both him and Shabazz. You could get them each 35+ minutes easy on this turd of a roster.

Turns out Shabazz has almost the exact same measurements as James Harden. It's kind of eerie how similar they are physically, right down to being lefties.

Though everything I'm reading says the Shabazz is a tiny bit longer than Harden, is faster and more explosive, and is more of a go to scorer mentality. But I see him being that kind of swing man that can play the 2 or 3 like Harden does. Don't see him being able to run point like Harden though.

Shabazz looks strong and long enough to guard 3s to me. TBH, I wouldn't even care if he couldn't. We need offense more than anything. I'd play four guards if I thought it would help us score more than 80 points a game.

If you didn't get back decent value for Beal better to just keep him and play both him and Shabazz. You could get them each 35+ minutes easy on this turd of a roster.

Turns out Shabazz has almost the exact same measurements as James Harden. It's kind of eerie how similar they are physically, right down to being lefties.

Though everything I'm reading says the Shabazz is a tiny bit longer than Harden, is faster and more explosive, and is more of a go to scorer mentality. But I see him being that kind of swing man that can play the 2 or 3 like Harden does. Don't see him being able to run point like Harden though.

Shabazz looks strong and long enough to guard 3s to me. TBH, I wouldn't even care if he couldn't. We need offense more than anything. I'd play four guards if I thought it would help us score more than 80 points a game.

Bazz as a long wingspan too. I think its over 7 feet, so he could play the 3.

The reason why I say trade Beal, if it happens, is because we need picks and players. I think we could get a lot for Beal, but I get the argument of keeping him too.

I really wish we could get Wiggins tho. That boy is going to be the best player in the world barring an injury. No doubt in my mind about it.

Edited by AsiaticSkinsFan

I actually feel sorry for the die hard Wizard fans on the board(GAL, No Excuses, SU, McQueen, MLSkins, and whoever I missed). This is terrible. A couple of friends on my FB sports group I belong to, said they will wear bags to the next home game. I say Ted needs to clean house right away. Don't think twice, just do it. This is sad. You all deserve better.

Bazz as a long wingspan too. I think its over 7 feet, so he could play the 3.

The reason why I say trade Beal, if it happens, is because we need picks and players. I think we could get a lot for Beal, but I get the argument of keeping him too.

I really wish we could get Wiggins tho. That boy is going to be the best player in the world barring an injury. No doubt in my mind about it.

Yeah if we could get back something big for Beal, I'd do it. A big man especially. I wouldn't really want draft picks. Too many young pieces as is and we suck at developing them.

I'd also want to get a two way player back for him. And not an old guy or someone who would just be looking to get paid for a few years. Wouldn't do it for Gasol or anything like that. If he can't play defense then he needs to be like Kevin Love on the offensive end and on the boards.

When you start ruling all of those things out, it becomes hard to figure out who could give us good value for him...

Wiggins would be nasty to get. Saw some videos of him where he was like 16 maybe and he was just shredding guys off the dribble and getting to the rim like nobody was in front of him at all. Super explosive kid with amazing body control. Just a ton of sheer athletic talent like DRose and Dwight and LeBron. He has the look of a can't miss #1 pick. I believe he could definitely be that type of player you're talking about one day. He can guard the 1-3 and is probably already long enough to guard some 4s too and he seems like he'll keep growing.

I like Jabari Parker and Julius Randle too. Parker looks a good bit slower than Wiggins but he's really smooth and skilled. He's probably a good enough player to be a #1 pick most years where there isn't that transcendent type like Wiggins. Randle is just a dominant scorer. He's like a Blake Griffin type ball handling PF except he's not the freak specimen Blake is. Looks quicker and more skilled though.

BTW, James McAdoo is having a good year so far, going for something like 21 and 11. The rebounding is about where I expected, the scoring is better than I expected. I'm not going crazy yet though, the three games have been against garbage teams for the most part. He's a wait and see.

Shabazz is a solid #1 or #2 overall type pick for most years IMO. Let's hope we'll at least get to pick high enough to get him out of this disaster of a season. I like how strong he plays, literally a grown man already. He goes to the basket strong and just physically dominates. He's a highly entertaining player. I think he'd have probably been the #2 pick in the 2012 class straight out of HS. Wall and Shabazz would be a nice scoring tandem that could probably just clean up in transition and at the line like LeBron and Wade do. Nice little shooter in Beal for them to kick out to and run off screens in the half court. And each of them can play defense too. I don't know, I like the sound of that for a "Big 3."

Still would need a big man though. I don't know where we're going to find that.

---------- Post added November-18th-2012 at 12:26 PM ----------

Purge the entire roster and the entire front office. Even if it includes trading John Wall.

I'm against trading Wall. What could we possibly get back that would be worth it?

Gotta have a PG today, and he's probably the best we're ever going to get. Or if you don't have a good PG, you've got to have a LeBron or KD or Melo type forward that can do it all on offense and guard lots of positions.

I actually feel sorry for the die hard Wizard fans on the board(GAL, No Excuses, SU, McQueen, MLSkins, and whoever I missed). This is terrible. A couple of friends on my FB sports group I belong to, said they will wear bags to the next home game. I say Ted needs to clean house right away. Don't think twice, just do it. This is sad. You all deserve better.

Ted doesn't care about bags on head, advise them to just stay home.

Ted sees an arena of only 3-5 thousand, half of which are probably cheering for the other team, he has to take notice.

Beal maybe.

Wall has been in this toxic environment for too long now. Might be a little too late for him.

We need a strong, accomplished coach to come to DC. Personally, I would love to see Jerry Sloan. I know he's 70 now, but we need structure and discipline.

I think it would help Wall a lot and it would negate all the crap that's happened so far in Washington.

Edited by Hersh

There is absolutely no reason to trade Wall or Beal. They can both be big contributors to this franchise.

Beal shouldn't be on this team. The wizards needed a player ready to play today not three years from now. OJ Mayo or Harden were better and available options at SG. Rookies will not solve this teams issues. Wall is in year three, Nene is not getting younger, this team needs to stop looking for answers that take three years or more.

Beal shouldn't be on this team. The wizards needed a player ready to play today not three years from now. OJ Mayo or Harden were better and available options at SG. Rookies will not solve this teams issues. Wall is in year three, Nene is not getting younger, this team needs to stop looking for answers that take three years or more.

What's done is done and now there is no reason to trade him now. The problem going forward is that the Wiz have no cap space next off season to pursue upgrades like a Josh Smith or Paul Millsap that can give Wall guys to run pick and rolls with and take over some of the scoring load.

I'm not giving up on Beal, I just don't think he should be on this team. There were better options than Ariza, Okafor, and our draft.

And?

You're dreaming if you think there are any quick fixes for this organization. Significant, sustainable improvement will only come through the internal development of our young players.

And?

You're dreaming if you think there are any quick fixes for this organization. Significant, sustainable improvement will only come through the internal development of our young players.

I disagree. This team needs new life and that comes from making moves. Houston, New York, and other teams that are suddenly relevant again aren't there by drafting and waiting. Wizards need to make moves and lure talent.