Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'd trade an unprotected 2013 1st and Ves for DCuz easily.

Sign me up for that!

Let's swap out Ves for Seraphin - are we still making that deal?

I still say that outside of Wall/Beal, we should be exploring ALL options as far as what it would take to bring Boogie to DC. So yea...Seraphin is not off-limits. By any means.

I think I still do the trade with Seraphin. Cousins and Seraphin are kind of the same type of players. Ves's defense and running the floor off the bench would be very useful if we're winning games. The little things he does looks great when you're on a winning team but when you're on a losing team, it looks like you're barely contributing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/wizards/injured-nene-faces-more-time-on-wizards-sideline/2012/11/11/a55a7e4a-2c4f-11e2-a99d-5c4203af7b7a_story.html

“I want that thing to heal 100 percent, because I don’t want to shrink my career,” Nene said. “I need to take care of it right now. I want to finish the pain, because it is still painful. I try sometimes, like, ‘Hurry up,’ when I have physical therapy. That could be a mistake. I need to be true with myself and know this is a serious situation.”

Nene, 30, visited Mark S. Myerson, the medical director at the Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, last week and said he was told that he was “probably three weeks away.” When asked to elaborate on whether that meant he would play or begin practicing in three weeks, Nene hedged off a specific timeline, simply explaining how he continues to deal with soreness as a result of plantar fasciitis near the heel of his left foot.

We'll be lucky if Nene plays 30 games.

Sign me up for that!

Let's swap out Ves for Seraphin - are we still making that deal?

I still say that outside of Wall/Beal, we should be exploring ALL options as far as what it would take to bring Boogie to DC. So yea...Seraphin is not off-limits. By any means.

I wouldn't put anyone off limits either except for Wall and Beal.

But Nene would probably be the main guy I would try and trade. Cousins could play with Nene no doubt, but mainly, Nene's contract would become a liability after bringing in Cousins. Especially with his injuries.

It'd be a sacrifice to lose Nene. Nene would be a good locker room influence on a player like Cousins. Nene's also a better player by far than Seraphin/Booker/Ves/Singleton. One of the things that's underrated about Nene is how much better the team rebounds when he's on the floor even though you don't see it in his personal stat column. He actually boxes out and if you pair that kind of player with a rebounder like Cousins, he'd probably go off on the boards. Plus Nene is by far our most efficient scorer, and he's a good passer. All of that would suck to lose.

And all of that would be great for Sacramento to gain. Nene and TRob would be a pretty special front court and they would be replacing a destabilizing element with a stabilizing one.

Nene's his 13 million would need to go towards extensions for our rookie contract guys we're looking to keep. And we'd be replacing him with a PF/C type if we got Cousins.

And eventually, I like a lineup of Wall, Beal, Ves, Cousins, and Seraphin.

Cousins has the body of a 5, but he's more of a 4 at heart because he can stretch the floor. Defensively, he's a 5, I don't see him being able to check anyone else. I think him and Seraphin and Ves would be an interesting front court.

Here's a further question, do you make the trade of 2013 top 3 or top 5 protected draft pick + Nene + Seraphin/Vesely for Cousins? Unprotected?

But Nene would probably be the main guy I would try and trade. Cousins could play with Nene no doubt, but mainly, Nene's contract would become a liability after bringing in Cousins. Especially with his injuries.

It'd be a sacrifice to lose Nene. Nene would be a good locker room influence on a player like Cousins. Nene's also a better player by far than Seraphin/Booker/Ves/Singleton. One of the things that's underrated about Nene is how much better the team rebounds when he's on the floor even though you don't see it in his personal stat column. He actually boxes out and if you pair that kind of player with a rebounder like Cousins, he'd probably go off on the boards. Plus Nene is by far our most efficient scorer, and he's a good passer. All of that would suck to lose.

And all of that would be great for Sacramento to gain. Nene and TRob would be a pretty special front court and they would be replacing a destabilizing element with a stabilizing one.

Nene's his 13 million would need to go towards extensions for our rookie contract guys we're looking to keep. And we'd be replacing him with a PF/C type if we got Cousins.

Cousins has the body of a 5, but he's more of a 4 at heart because he can stretch the floor. Defensively, he's a 5, I don't see him being able to check anyone else. I think him and Seraphin and Ves would be an interesting front court.

Here's a further question, do you make the trade of 2013 top 3 or top 5 protected draft pick + Nene + Seraphin/Vesely for Cousins? Unprotected?

Absolutely!

It's a steep price, but it would get us out from from Nene's contract and also the uncertainty of when he'd ever suit up for 70+ games in a season.

Cousins is a far greater player than Seraphin and we wouldn't be losing a heck of a lot with Ves if they asked for him instead.

Next year's draft is shaping up to be pretty weak, so I don't think it would hurt too much to give up the pick.

*Let's see if EG can do something to movie Ariza and or Okafor by the deadline.

I don't get why anyone wants Cousins on this team. We are talking about a big man shooting 42-43%. He averages 17.3 points on 16.8 shots per game. We already have plenty of guys that can't shoot. On top of that, he's proving to be completely unreliable with his attitude and he certainly isn't helping the Kings win games. I would not trade a top 3 or 5 pick for such a player.

I'm not in favor of Cousins because he's proving to be a head case and we have enough of those in DC.

---------- Post added November-12th-2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

If there is anyway the Wizards can bring in Boogie w/o having to give up Beal or Wall, the deal needs to be made ASAP. He's immature - but he's 22. He'll smarten up. I can think of a certain football player who ALL OF US grew to love, who had his ups/downs to start his career with the Redskins. Yup, Sean Taylor. Dude came into his own around 25 years old. If the Kings are dumb enough to entertain trade offers for Cousins, we should be all over that.

Sean Taylor is the exception, not the rule (not to mention....never mind), but I'm not trying to put a thorn in the rebuilding of this franchise because a player might turn his attitude around.

“We supposed to be in the game. We a good enough team but we need to buckle down for all 48 minutes,” Crawford said. “Sometimes, we’ll be satisfied with the lead in the fourth or something like that. That’s when we have a mental lapse or something. We supposed to be in every game.”

Good quote by Crawford.

“We supposed to be in the game. We a good enough team but we need to buckle down for all 48 minutes,” Crawford said. “Sometimes, we’ll be satisfied with the lead in the fourth or something like that. That’s when we have a mental lapse or something. We supposed to be in every game.”

Good quote by Crawford.

Yea man...I like this. They'll figure it out (eventually). Just have to put it together for a full 48. Baby steps. Despite the 0-5 start, they are doing some things well and are MUCH better than the teams we've seen on the court in the previous couple of seasons. I still say 30-35 wins should be the goal, and they can get there. Let's get the W tonight and build off of it. They've been in every game and are competitive.

Absolutely!

It's a steep price, but it would get us out from from Nene's contract and also the uncertainty of when he'd ever suit up for 70+ games in a season.

Cousins is a far greater player than Seraphin and we wouldn't be losing a heck of a lot with Ves if they asked for him instead.

Next year's draft is shaping up to be pretty weak, so I don't think it would hurt too much to give up the pick.

*Let's see if EG can do something to movie Ariza and or Okafor by the deadline.

What's the most you would give up for Cousins?

I'd put any piece other than Wall and Beal on the table and I'd be willing to do a big package probably.

The one thing I wouldn't really want to do is take back a bunch of bad contracts. But Nene's salary is far bigger than Cousins's, so any trade involving the two would need a lot of trade ballast on Sacramento's end.

What's the most you would give up for Cousins?

I'd put any piece other than Wall and Beal on the table and I'd be willing to do a big package probably.

The one thing I wouldn't really want to do is take back a bunch of bad contracts. But Nene's salary is far bigger than Cousins's, so any trade involving the two would need a lot of trade ballast on Sacramento's end.

I was screwing around on the trade machine, and I don't know if there is anything that would work. Sacramento only has a few bad contracts (Thornton, Thompson, and Garcia). Thompson has 5 years left at a little over 5 mil per season. Thornton and Garcia have 3/2 years left on their deals respectively.

The future first might be the key to getting this done, because Cousins value is far greater than anyone else that we would have to offer outside of Beal/Wall (I would include Nene in that - but due to his age, injuries, and $ owed, he's not really a valuable commodity).

I'm baffled, to be honest LOL.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 01:26 PM ----------

We've had a lead?

Womp womp.

Do we have to include Seraphin in this trade?

I was screwing around on the trade machine, and I don't know if there is anything that would work. Sacramento only has a few bad contracts (Thornton, Thompson, and Garcia). Thompson has 5 years left at a little over 5 mil per season. Thornton and Garcia have 3/2 years left on their deals respectively.

The future first might be the key to getting this done, because Cousins value is far greater than anyone else that we would have to offer outside of Beal/Wall (I would include Nene in that - but due to his age, injuries, and $ owed, he's not really a valuable commodity).

I'm baffled, to be honest LOL.

It'd have to be a three teamer if you include Nene.

Yeah Cousins would have to do something to poison his value or else you figure our future first would pretty much need to be unprotected. That would have to be the centerpiece of the deal.

---------- Post added November-13th-2012 at 02:42 PM ----------

Do we have to include Seraphin in this trade?

I have no idea honestly. I don't even know that Sacramento has any interest in dealing him whatsoever. Or if they did, I have no idea how much they value him.

My guess is that he'd be pretty valuable. All Star potential big man with several years of team control left sounds valuable.