Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

6 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Cause she's not at this point.

That back injury she suffered a few years ago took a lot out of her.

I've been trying go avoid this topic badly, but finally making time to look at cap situation, this will likely take care of itself.

Next year is last year on her deal, she'll be 35, and she's not making egregiously more then next player on cap (Cloud will also be a free agent).  I can see bringing her back on a smaller final tour contract or seeing of she'll retire. 

But she's not a face of the franchise player anymore, argument can be made it's been Cloud since the back injury but Delle Donne is just the bigger name marketing wise.  Austin was a wise choice, it's just been hella annoying how many injuries we've had this year, including her. 

They nail another pick like Austin to help maintain their size if Delle Donne goes, I wouldn't bring her back just to keep the team from getting too small.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm as cynical about Les Boulez as they come and even I'm bandwagoning on last night (despite me not watching a second of it)

By far they are the worst team in DC the last 40 years, even worse than the Redskins. Think about that lol. It's very difficult to get excited about those losers but these guys give me hope. We can use "the wizards bed" now...

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I was promised a tank.  

Oh, they are going to be the worst team in the East for sure.  Detroit is the only competition on that front.  The new FO smartly designed the team to fail.  No legit backup center or frankly anyone who can rebound.  Gafford can’t rebound at all.  He gets eaten up by legit starters.  He’s more of a backup type anyways.  

Still, they’ll be fun to watch simply because of the new players.  Bilal already shows defensively.  I’m glad he’s starting.  Give him as much PT as possible.  He’s way too good for the G league.  

There will be nights where the three ball is falling and they randomly win.  Still, it’s a flawed team by design.  Obvious rebuilding finally

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Wiz need to makes some consolidation trades soon. I suspect Cooks and Gill are gone to get down to 15, but guys like Rollins and JD need rotation minutes. This season is all about development and getting a top-3 pick. That development should also include Poole running the point more often. Dude is electric.