Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

They didn’t let Bilal do anything on offense until the last 3 min of the half. If they are gonna be terrible, at least let Davis and Bilal take most of the ball handling when the starters are in. Bilal has more of a handle than I thought.

Anthony Black looks good to me.  Nice left hand, smooth handle, good first step, confident shooter off the dribble, smart defensive player.  Very tall for a ball handling guard.  I'm already afraid that we will look back on this draft one day and see that we were one damn pick away from getting the special player.

7 hours ago, Going Commando said:

Anthony Black looks good to me.  Nice left hand, smooth handle, good first step, confident shooter off the dribble, smart defensive player.  Very tall for a ball handling guard.  I'm already afraid that we will look back on this draft one day and see that we were one damn pick away from getting the special player.

wiz have a special player in Coulibaly

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

Umm did they find a 2nd round gem in Vukcivic? You can see the Jokic light comparison with his passing and shooting ability.

And he looks much more comfortable and active from last night's game.

I hear ya, but Jokic is trending toward an all time great. I’ll take a solid big man with range at this point with Vuk.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

hear ya, but Jokic is trending toward an all time great. I’ll take a solid big man with range at this point with Vuk.

Of course. Not saying Vuk is an mvp in the making. But just a serviceable big who will have quality minutes. A 2nd rounder who might just have a future. Doesn't happen for the Wiz too often, if ever.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I’ll take a solid big man with range at this point with Vuk.

Vuk looks so comfortable at the charity stripe. You can usually see the gears turning even on the big guys that are good at FTs, but he looks like he's having a cup of tea out there. Rare for a 7 ft'er

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

Vuk looks so comfortable at the charity stripe. You can usually see the gears turning even on the big guys that are good at FTs, but he looks like he's having a cup of tea out there. Rare for a 7 ft'er

I’m a big fan of centers that can hit free throws. I’d love to see a stats about how many games were lost by a smaller margin than missed free throws by centers on the losing team.  

My question about Vukcevic is, is he going to be on our roster this year or is he still contracted to play overseas? Some of these foreign players get drafted and you never see them again, or the come back 1-2 years later. Dont want to get excited about dudes potential if he's not going to ever be apart of the roster. 

Also my nickname for Bilal Coulibaly is "B-Cool"........I dont go out of my way to give out nicknames, but I cant be calling this dude Coulibaly all year.

Edited by LetMeSeeYourWarFace21

9 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

My question about Vukcevic is, is he going to be on our roster this year or is he still contracted to play overseas? Some of these foreign players get drafted and you never see them again, or the come back 1-2 years later. Dont want to get excited about dudes potential if he's not going to ever be apart of the roster. 

He wants the Wiz to buy him out of his contract but that's TBD according to Will Dawkins.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Thanks..............also, what would be the purpose of using a draft pick on him if we are not going to buy him out of his contract? 

He’s young. I don’t know what his contract is like, but say he has two years left, then it may be more beneficial for him to play overseas then bring him over when his contract is up.

That said, I imagine they buy him out.

• Like 2