Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That was why he signed with Detroit a couple years ago. He wanted to be the number one option. Scoring equals bigger contracts. 

and Grant barely hit 20ppg on a team that finished last in the East.  I get that he wants to get paid, but he’s not 1st option on a good team.  

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

and Grant barely hit 20ppg on a team that finished last in the East.  I get that he wants to get paid, but he’s not 1st option on a good team.  

We aren't in disagreement. If the Wiz are gonna try to win now, they should be looking at guards and players with better 3pt shooting. 

5 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Isn't it a little too soon to give up on Avdija?

It's the problem with both trying to win now and develop players. I also wouldn't be surprised if Beal is the assistant GM at this point. 

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Isn't it a little too soon to give up on Avdija?

Depends on what you get in return.  Deni will more than likely have a long NBA career, but he hasn’t shown any star potential at all.  If you can trade up to a fringe allstar player, it’s a move you make.  

The problem as I see it, is that you can really only carry one expensive fringe allstar player.  A third option type guy.  The wizards already have that in Dinwiddie.  If they sign another that’s it, the roster is top heavy with no room to add a star.  

if there’s a big name acquisition it should be a legit second star.  A guy that can go get you a bucket in crunch time, and otherwise consistently produce as a volume scorer.  I just don’t see Grant as that type of player.  He’s a role player putting up numbers in losses.  He might actually be worse than Dinwiddie, while demanding more money and more shots.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Trying to trade baskets with the Nets is a bad idea, can't imagine the score right now if KD was playing 

Theres no stopping their scoring tonight.  You wouldn’t know it from the score but the wizards seem to be playing good defense.  Nets are hitting contested shots at an extraordinary rate.  At least that’s how it looks to me.  Just can’t string any stops together.  

Deni is working hard tonight, but he needs to learn that you can’t shut down Kyrie and Harden.  All you can do pick your poison, try to rush them, hope they miss.  He’s trying to guard them straight up, and there’s no one on the planet that can do that.  Love to see the effort though.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m pissed that we lost a possession to a ****ing coach deflecting a pass in clutch time, and lost by one.  Never seen anything like it.

That coach should be suspended for awhile. That should also be an automatic review. 

• Like 1

So Beal is trying to play GM now. Awesome. What could go wrong? 

Laughable article with Mayo being Beal's mouthpiece with the funniest part being "Now it’s time to earn the extension of Beal." I guess the only positive is that the article says the Wiz have tabled the talks with the Pistons. 

Sabonis has a major weakness against length, but he is a dog that relentlessly pressures opposing defense with his aggression and physicality.  The only issue is that because it targets a position where we’re strong, and probably weakens us at the three where we’re already weak.  Not sure it would make us that much better.  He’s also a major step down defensively from Gafford.  

i like it more than Grant, but I guess it depends on the cost.  Harrell is almost certain, but what else?