Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Remember when Nene was ready to retire and asked for less minutes through the media?  Me neither.  He's either dying his locks or he's drinking blood.

Edit:  Seriously, it's 2018, man. wtf?

Or a little taste of professionalism from his new employer rejuvenated him. 

As he dunks on our big again....

:(

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Yawn...I don’t wanna watch this.

Im tanking it.

Best team left on our regular season schedule and in their house.  If we don't get annihilated, that's good. 

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

As he dunks on our big again....

:(

Popping balls out, drawing fouls.  It shows what he thinks of us.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Remember when Nene was ready to retire and asked for less minutes through the media?  Me neither.  He's either dying his locks or he's drinking blood.

Edit:  Seriously, it's 2018, man. wtf?

Dude playing like they are gonna take that other testicle if they lose. 

• Haha 1

Kelly, man, you gonna let a guard get you like that under the basket?

A lot of the last couple sequences, its been one two people touching the ball.  Then they had one a second ago where 3-4 people touched it, and it was an airball.  Glad the lead isn't worse, there's a still a chance here.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't understand how what you're talking about is a "counterpoint" to what I'm saying, but it really sounds like you didn't get my point to begin with, so don't sweat it.

I like that we're all being honest with ourselves in here, even if we don't like it.

What you said was under a presumption that we are going away from the " everybody eats" or team passing approach, that was successful to a previous offensive strategy that was less successful. Perhaps I didn't read this correctly. 

This is game is over. 

I hate when they do that versus losing teams, but I lived with the fact with us having a winning record against teams with winning records at some point.  

I'm going to try not to look too much into this.  They came to play, but they didn't come to win, looking like they didn't expect to.  They aren't practicing any of things I was talking about.  

They're the same damn team they were to start the season with a slightly better Wall.  

Edited by Renegade7

Ha- some of you all talking future championships and this team can’t even win 50. Cart before the horse. It’s nice to dream, but that’s all it is. The NBA knows who they want to win and we aren’t one of them. We’re not a glamour team in a glamour/historic market with a top 3 talent. While Wall is our main star, he’s not big enough a star for the NBA to want us to win. It won’t happen again while I’m alive. Long live the Disco Ball Bell Bottom Championship.

Edited by pjfootballer

Earlier when I was talking about the talent and the system having to match.  The Rockets roster lends itself to guards dominating the ball, an offense that's little more than PnRs and isolations, and everyone else just hitting open shots.  We'll see if the Rockets can do it in the playoffs but a point guard that doesn't turn it over while producing efficient offense paired with a dominant isolation scorer works right now.  

Wizards have neither of those things.  

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

point guard that doesn't turn it over while producing efficient offense paired with a dominant isolation scorer works right now.  

Wizards have neither of those things.  

I swear, it feels like Wall has 2-3 drive and kicks to no man's land a game.  Is that normal for All-Star PGs?  One is a brain fart, two is not good, three or more is typically a loss I've noticed.