Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think this is far too simplistic a view on Carmelo as a whole. 

Does he help his teams win and get to the playoffs? Does he play defense? 

They haven't been to the playoffs in a few years and he has one playoff series win in the last 8 years at least. 13 year vet making $24 million that doesn't win. Come on now. His team has been 38 games under .500 the last two years combined. It's not like the East is a powerhouse conference with dominant teams all over the place. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

The way hes been talking about him he may not get much else.

Hernangomez is the real prize in that deal.  That deal is an enormous win for us simply because he's in it.  The kid looks like a stud in the making.  I highly doubt the Knicks would trade him, but you never know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Does he help his teams win and get to the playoffs? Does he play defense? 

They haven't been to the playoffs in a few years and he has one playoff series win in the last 8 years at least. 13 year vet making $24 million that doesn't win. Come on now. His team has been 38 games under .500 the last two years combined. It's not like the East is a powerhouse conference with dominant teams all over the place. 

Melo was an automatic ticket to the postseason for the first 10 years of his career.  He's fallen off the last two years and the Knicks fell apart around him.  He's a good player on an expiring deal who could certainly help us in the short term.  This team doesn't have enough front court shooters and he'd be a deadly one.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was thinking Spurs after they gave him the jersey, not any better though.  I appreciate the love still.

I was only kidding....Taking a dig at the "San Fran" connection.

I remember the Wizards calling him out for the Spurs comment/jersey though, pretty funny.

• Like 1

I actually would consider a trade for Melo. He's not a guy who can carry a team anymore but next to Wall and Beal, he would still be a lethal offensive player. As much as I love Porter, he put up a GOOSE EGG the other night, which I'm sorry is unacceptable from someone who might get a max deal.

• Like 1

Agreed with Hernangomez being the real prize in the deal. He's a legit 5 coming off a decent rookie season, that is pretty well rounded. That being said, Marcin is here until that contract is up, and this past offseason proved that. I don't know what else we could offer outside of Ian and the kid from Brooklyn we picked up with Bogs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I actually would consider a trade for Melo. He's not a guy who can carry a team anymore but next to Wall and Beal, he would still be a lethal offensive player. As much as I love Porter, he put up a GOOSE EGG the other night, which I'm sorry is unacceptable from someone who might get a max deal.

Porter had approx 0 touches the entire second half. The ball did not move beyond two people in the pick and roll. (Wall-Morris-Wall.... Or Beal-Morris-Beal). During the first half, most of Marcin and Porter's shots were coming off bailout possessions as well. Anyways, we have beat this horse to death by now. Otto's role is the scrappy do it all player who has the ability to hit from anywhere with high proficiency, rebound with the best of em, and stick his limbs in passing lanes with ease. Melo has never been that kind of player, and never will be. He's no different than a more efficient Bogdonavic at this point in his career. With Wall and Beal taking most of the possessions/shots, Melo's presence is unnecessary. 

The story is the same as it ever was: better PG and SG play is needed going in to next season. Maybe Sato/Mclellan are ready? Jennings should be a one and done. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

I don't know, I watched Melo play against us at least 3 times this year.  I think only one of them he seemed to give a damn.  My dad brings it up, but I'd rather have Paul george.  Otto is killing his value as we speak

Edited by Renegade7

You know there is one thing that irks me to this day. For the past few years people have said that this team owes Paul Pierce for helping the team get over the hump and learn how to win. That is bull****. First of all, Paul never won a damn thing if not for KG, Rondo, and Ray Allen showing up to carry his ass. Secondly, we never won anything with him. John and Brad have done it on their own, the hard way, from the ground up. And then you hear of stories like how he called IT to offer some advice after game 4. This bamma never played a second with IT, has spent the past 2 years playing on another choking team, and with 4 of 5 starters currently on the Wizards having been past teammates, he's here giving advice to the Celtics? He can go kick rocks, man. Temple was a better teammate all the way. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

In fact, Pierce owes the past 2 years and millions of dollars to John for carrying his lazy, half court jogging ass to the playoffs. I'm going off on a tangent, but **** this guy. Dude can take his fake mentor ass outta here. 

Yeah he's a washed up mercenary.  But he was fun when he was here.