Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Pathetic that it was close. They need to blow Milwaukee out on Saturday. No reason Orlando should have been in this game. ****ty effort.

Yes, I'm going to be even harder on them this year. They have the roster and the talent to go far this year. No excuses anymore.

Wall has been awesome the first two games.

• Like 1

Wall and Pierce really willed us to the win in the fourth. Pierce making those big buckets back to back saved our bacon. That early foul trouble kept him in a funk in the first half and it took him all night to get going. But without him to close for us, I don't think we win that game.

Wall had an excellent game start to finish, but that final minute was the most important of all. That's what an All Star has to be counted on to do. Make the right plays in winning time. It's what separates the talented young players from the legitimately good ones with experience, and what only really shows up in the W/L column. 2 points isn't 2 points isn't 2 points.

Wall was great. Couldn't ask for more, absolutely fantastic game.

Gortat and Pierce were big. Pierce is showing where he's better than Ariza. Big shots in big moments.

Nene vanished and started ****ing about calls.

Otto and Rice looked like young players, which is what we should expect. They should be more productive and will be with time.

Good win on the road on a back to back. Wall looked great, Gortat gave a solid double double and Pierce gave them that little extra when they needed it the most.

Downside is the second unit blew the lead, more specifically Seraphin blew the lead in a four minute span. A win is a win and I'm really excited to see the team with Beal in the starting lineup to open the offense up with Pierce.

I'm in the 3rd quarter now. Starting to pull away. I'll read the thread when I finish up. Want to say though, Wall's J, his release point is his big issue. You'll notice, every single time he misses ugly, instead of releasing right as he reaches his high point on his jump, almost while you're still going up, he pauses, slightly, and then releases it. That's not right, that's not good. The good news though is that a) it's obvious, B) it's very fixable and c) other than that, he looks good. Got no doubt he's only going to continue to improve with his J this year.

Source: I'm a 6 foot white guy with limited athleticism who played basketball for a very long time. And I also coached a basketball team in prison, my nerdy white ass, and was absolutely robbed of the league championship (I'll forever be bitter about that.) I obsessed over my J. When I was 12 my dad got me the "Shot Doctor" VHS. For YEARS, I would lay on the living room floor in front of the TV, basketball in hand, and practice shooting the ball straight up in the air, working on my grip, release point, etc, and watch the goddamn Shot Doctor. Over and over and over again. For years. (I think it was a Buzz Bramen tape. Might have been Dave Hopla though. I know I worked with him at Mason summer camp one year, way back in the Paul Westhead days. I still got it somewhere. I'll try to find it. Loved that ****ing tape. Oh and if you have any idea what I'm talking about, if you've heard of any of these people, congrats, you're a fellow huge basketball nerd.)

• Like 1

John Wall: 30 pts, 12 asst, 5 reb, 2 stl. #Wizards almost blow 17 pt lead, get saved by The Truth to earn first win of the season.

More @johnwall "ready to see our fans...owe them a lot for not winning those playoff games...we're a team on a mission this year

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2014/10/30/7136039/wizards-vs-magic-score-final-recap

1. John Wall is good at basketball

After an up-and-down outing against the Miami Heat, Wall bounced back hard against the Orlando Magic. Wall finished the game with 30 points, 12 assists, five rebounds, two steals and two turnovers. Wall took nine trips to the free throw line and came away with eight points.

Wall has dished out 23 assists in his last two games and is shooting 48 percent from the field. It's a small sample, obviously, but those are things you can really get excited about early.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

✔ @ESPNStatsInfo

Follow

John Wall is 1st Wizards/Bullets player with 10 or more assists in each of his team's first 2 games of a season since Michael Adams,1991-92

9:42 PM - 30 Oct 2014

Loved Adams. If Wall can ever shoot like him, championship

https://vine.co/v/OMY0WZ7gq1w

Edit: Is there a way to embed Vine vids on here like we can YouTube? Tried and , nada. Something else?

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

Pierce is a cold killer.

Wall is so damn quick to the rim. He still clanks a lot of jumpers though.

-Not a fan of Kris Humphries, Andre Miller, or Seraphin so far.

- Nene missed a lot of shots tonight. He's getting in the swing of things.

-Porter's defense is stellar.

-Gortat missed an alley-oop dunk...not that important haha but I remembered it.

Good win against an inferior opponent.