Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT:: Gradkowski, Campbell conundrum could spark a locker-room rift (MET)

Boss_Hogg

I'm not really surprised by any of this.

Campbell was thought of as a class act here but at the same time he was always a little passive-aggressive. There was always a problem to him owning up to his own shortcomings. He didn't come out and say it but he was happy to let others say it for him...it was the line, it was the coaches, the receivers, the plays themselves... things were never his fault. Well now it's a serious problem and he's running out of excuses. His frustration is mounting and he just cant seem to look in the mirror. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if he's started to come unglued.

Jason. You're a smart guy. Get out of football. Go into business. I'll bet you would be an awesome business man, even a CEO one day. This football thing just may not be your calling.

Enough guy. You just repeat yourself in every JC thread. We get it. You dont like JC. You dont like him so much that you make up a revisionist version of History.

Coddling the QB... hmmm. How can you coddle someone by trying to trade him? Give me a break. Maybe we coddled him by throwing a new system in his fhead ever year? Or getting him the protection of a good offensive line, or wide receivers, or coaching, or playcalling, or... you get it.

I get that he is not a great QB. But coddling him is far from the truth.

He was not given a full playbook when Saunders, Gibbs or Zorn had their offenses. That has been proven that they had to hold the offense back and thin out the playbook for him. He was coddled.

I know I am still relatively new in these parts, but I've been here long enough to read some of the things you have posted about this debate in the past, and some of the shots you have taken at other members for being on the opposite side of the fence as you in this debate. With all that in mind, this post reeks of being nothing but sour grapes.

I believe we were coined "Agenda Boyz"

I know I am still relatively new in these parts, but I've been here long enough to read some of the things you have posted about this debate in the past, and some of the shots you have taken at other members for being on the opposite side of the fence as you in this debate. With all that in mind, this post reeks of being nothing but sour grapes.

LOL awesome post dude :cheers:

hilarious that one of the guys who got chastised for his whole ridiculous "agenda boyz" thing is trying to take the high road now and attack peoples intelligence levels.

I disagree with you, but understand why you feel that way. First off, this whole article is based off of "he said/she said" rumors from PFT. It needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Secondly, its the Raiders. Who cares? Thirdly, JC has always been a stand up character. I cant imagine him acting that way. Personally I think this is good for him in the long run. He never has been ableto get to that next level. I actually hoped he would have been here to learn under a real mentor fo a QB. I think it could have done wonders for him.

The whle playoff stuff was more about the improvments made across the board, rather than JC is their saviour. They still have a long way to go on offense.

but cmon tho, the reason the raiders were the playoff dark horse before the season was jason campbell and nothing more. they were adding that downfield QB they never had and JC was supposed to take them to the next level.

and you know how i usually view things, if theres smoke theres fire, and theres more than enough smoke here to read between the lines. JC is pissed because hes getting benched and the raiders have put a gag order on him. he has every right to be pissed, but stand up QBs would say the right things like "the coaches have made the decision which they think is the best decision in order for this team to win games. winning is the #1 priority and i stand behind this teams decision". thats what a classy statement would be.

not (paraphrasing) "im confused that i was pulled after netting 3 points against the rams, i thought we were moving the ball well". lol

not (paraphrasing) "im confused that i was pulled after netting 3 points against the rams, i thought we were moving the ball well". lol

Moving the ball well, but scoring no points... has a familiar ring to it...

What always tickles me is when you hear the sports media talk about Campbell and pay him complements, but it's never about his play. When it came time to trade (and everyone knew by Easter we were getting rid of him), no one wanted him. That 4th is starting to look like a steal.

I don't know why anyone's surprised. He's always been a crybaby. I never bought into the "at least JC has class" argument. Remember his comments about preferring away games because the fans don't boo him? Or shifting blame everywhere except on his shoulders?

The man isn't starting-QB material in the NFL. Never was, never will be. Time to hang it up JC.

I don't know why anyone's surprised. He's always been a crybaby. I never bought into the "at least JC has class" argument. Remember his comments about preferring away games because the fans don't boo him? Or shifting blame everywhere except on his shoulders?

The man isn't starting-QB material in the NFL. Never was, never will be. Time to hang it up JC.

that was one of his funnier moments. how can you call a guy classy when he says he likes playing away games more? lol

Unfortunately, I thought we had a smarter fan base than the guys who continue to perpetuate these threads about JC.

After two years of Zorn, JC will never be the quarterback anyone projected when Gibbs grabbed him. The guy is a shell of his former self...and likely will be out of the NFL in a couple of years.

LOL. For all of his faults as a head coach. Coaching up quarterbacks was never one of them. Zorn IMPROVED Campbell's release, helping him get the ball out faster and more consistently, at least helping his short routs. The one thing he could never fix was his ability to read defenses and anticipate where the ball should go pre-snap. He couldn't speed up Jason's mind. Jason is a smart guy. He's just a slow and deliberate thinker. Because of that, Campbell has to let plays develop and wait to see what the defense is doing which forces him to throw underneath to the only options remaining. All because he's 1/10th of a second behind every one else on the field.

And for all of the talk about his big arm, it's useless if he has no deep accuracy. He has none. Think of all the missed deep passes to Moss last year. Overthrow, overthrow, overthrow... So what does he do with his first opportunity for a big play in Oakland?.... Overthrow.

Then it's that dumb look like "golly gee guys, I'm really tryin' and gosh durnit, it really hurts that I didn't make that pass." That may not be fair, but that's the demeanor he gives off. Which would be fine if he was a really good QB. But as a mediocre one at best, you better bring some outstanding leadership son.

Umm. Considering we had to watch JC under center for four years and set our team back because of an incompetent FO couldn't see what many others saw, we are going to talk about it.

As far as your obsession with everything Cowboys, the repetitive threads on the same subject(s) and the laughing smileys at the end of every one of your posts?

It's boring.

Ohhh, dagger!

It's childish.

Oh, and it's belittling to the intelligence of our fan base.

Perhaps you should come join us in the Stadium and talk about our team more often instead of being obsessed with the Cowboys.

but cmon tho, the reason the raiders were the playoff dark horse before the season was jason campbell and nothing more. they were adding that downfield QB they never had and JC was supposed to take them to the next level.

Maybe we were reading different reports then. What I read was more about having a decent draft. Actually filling some needs. JC was part of the reasoning behind it, but not the main reasoning behind it.

and you know how i usually view things, if theres smoke theres fire, and theres more than enough smoke here to read between the lines. JC is pissed because hes getting benched and the raiders have put a gag order on him. he has every right to be pissed, but stand up QBs would say the right things like "the coaches have made the decision which they think is the best decision in order for this team to win games. winning is the #1 priority and i stand behind this teams decision". thats what a classy statement would be.

Well, I think that is the "problem" (for lack of a better word) in the way you view things. No offense meant to you at all, but judging from our history and things you have posted in the past, you are always trying to read between the lines... find the hidden agenda, or meaning... even when there are no spaces to fill. I'll take this at face value. nothing more. The media is trying to sell papers and a QB "controversy" will sell papers. Dont get me wrong. I am sure JC is pissed about it. But I dont think he has gone all media-frenzy about it. He seems like a mommas boy, so he will get mad, call his momma for support. Learn some lesson out of the deal and go back to work.

Then it's that dumb look like "golly gee guys, I'm really tryin' and gosh durnit, it really hurts that I didn't make that pass." That may not be fair, but that's the demeanor he gives off. Which would be fine if he was a really good QB. But as a mediocre one at best, you better bring some outstanding leadership son.

I always wondered if he was raised without a father figure in his life. I liked the kid, but he never seemed to have enough competetive fire. Sure, he works hard, but even when he was getting his head beat down, he always had that "Gomer Pyle", "Better luck next time" way about him. Definitley not a strong enough of a leader...or at least that how it looks from my POV.

Maybe we were reading different reports then. What I read was more about having a decent draft. Actually filling some needs. JC was part of the reasoning behind it, but not the main reasoning behind it.

Well, I think that is the "problem" (for lack of a better word) in the way you view things. No offense meant to you at all, but judging from our history and things you have posted in the past, you are always trying to read between the lines... find the hidden agenda, or meaning... even when there are no spaces to fill. I'll take this at face value. nothing more. The media is trying to sell papers and a QB "controversy" will sell papers. Dont get me wrong. I am sure JC is pissed about it. But I dont think he has gone all media-frenzy about it. He seems like a mommas boy, so he will get mad, call his momma for support. Learn some lesson out of the deal and go back to work.

non taken, but again, not to say i told you so, but when i was called crazy for thinking we had interest in cutler, or sanchez, or ocho cinco, or that JC was gonna be on this roster come week one, or any of the other "wild speculations" that i thought were true, i ended up being right. on all of them lol.

so again, smoke = fire most of the time. whether you choose to believe it is up to you, but i know for me, i dont need to hear it straight from the horses mouth to get a pretty good idea of whats going on.

BLC, I'm really confused now...

Not trying to be funny at all, have you been in support of Jason Campbell on the Raiders?

lol, i mean im not rooting AGAINST him cause i could care less what happens with the raiders, but i do find it funny how bad he is when so many of us called it long ago.

what gave you the idea that i was supporting him on the raiders?

I always wondered if he was raised without a father figure in his life. I liked the kid, but he never seemed to have enough competetive fire. Sure, he works hard, but even when he was getting his head beat down, he always had that "Gomer Pyle", "Better luck next time" way about him. Definitley not a strong enough of a leader...or at least that how it looks from my POV.

Actually jason is pretty close with his father, Larry. Larry coached him through middle school and high school. http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_16007677

The problem was the guy was projected to be a second-round pick and Gibbs traded two picks to move up and get him. That keeps a sour flavor in people's mouths, as well. He was never projected to be a great, first-round QB.

After four years of watching this guy and listening to excuse after excuse... there will definitely be comeuppance. Not because people are trying to rub it in, but because the same shortcomings this guy displayed here are the same ones in Oakland. Nothing ruined him as a QB. He was never that good.

Well, he lead the team to 6-2 in the first half of 2008...but, hey, keep kicking sand at the kid.

It's okay.

I enjoy watching the hapless frustration some (and, I'm NOT including you in this ntotoro...I respect you as a poster) continue to exhibit over a guy who is NO LONGER on our team.

JC was part of the problem.

He wasn't all of it.

Frankly, did anyone expect him to do any better on a team as dysfunctional as ours was last year?

We all know the answer to that one.

Bravo. I agree. I remember the cute nickname he gave all the members that didn't think Campbell was a franchise QB, and shouldn't be starting. I think it was "the boyz", "agenda boyz" or something along those lines. Now that the "boyz" were proven right, and Campbell has gone by the wayside, he wants to brush it under the rug. Of course there is going to be some "I told you so", after 4 years of debates, and a subsequent benching after 6 quarters that was long overdue. .

Okay. :rotflmao:

So, how long does the 'I told you so' keep going.

Sounds like some folks are making a 'posting career' on JC.

When he's out of the league next year, will we still see these threads?

:rotflmao:

Just too funny.

Archived