Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Caps '10-'11 Thread [Offseason Discussion]

Sticksboi05

PEople have posted pics of Hawks games which are near empty lol

Very sad that ATL might lose their team

I feel bad for the 3 season ticket holders that will be effected by this move.

However, like I said Atlanta is probably the worst sports town in the country. They really don't deserve the teams that they have.

Any way to trade for Datsyuk and Lidstrom really quick? Puck movement so they move, get point shots through, and have somebody going to the net. In real life a goalie would give up rebounds because it's hard to see through a bunch of guys in front of you. Then all you have to do is beat the D to the rebound. I still play NHL 09 though, so collapsing D gives you no trouble there. Point shots are pretty much the offense.

I lost game 5. We went to NJ for game 6. Elimination game.

I was down 2-1 with 3:00 to go in the 3rd. I scored to tie it up. We went through 2 OT's. During this time Ovechkin got a boarding call major, sent to the lockers for the night. They had a 5-4 for 5 minutes. Then they called tripping on Chimera. 5-3 for 4:30 with 4:16 left in the 2OT. I was able to hold them off and we go into 3OT. We are down to 2 minutes left. NJ enters the offensive zone, takes a slapshot from just inside the blue line.

This is where **** gets wacky, almost felt like **** that would happen to the Caps in real life.

The slapshot goes off FROM JUST INSIDE THE BLUE LINE. It ricochets off Semin, off Chimera, straight up in the air, off Chimera again, into Varly's shoulder and into the ****ING GOAL.

REPEAT: A SLAPSHOT RICOCHED OFF SEMIN, CHIMERA TWICE, OFF VARLY'S SHOULDER AND INTO THE GOAL.

WHAT THE **** **** **** **** **** HELL

Hahahah Thrashers fans suck anyway. They never should've had a team. They lost the Flames for a reason.

I love the idea of Winnipeg getting a team again. But not calling them the Jets is beyond stupid. Any team in Winnipeg should be called the Jets IMO.

BTW, who doesn't love the way Boston is simply outworking the Bolts. This was how Pitt played them and how the Caps should have played them.

I am SO pumped for the draft. We have a freshman defenseman (rising sophomore) at 6'7" 240 who has loads of potential and was already our top shutdown d-man who is now projected to go top 15 in the first round. He's also a really good guy; I got to interview him for an article for my Sports Writing class. Can't wait to see how high he's drafted.

I am SO pumped for the draft. We have a freshman defenseman (rising sophomore) at 6'7" 240 who has loads of potential and was already our top shutdown d-man who is now projected to go top 15 in the first round. He's also a really good guy; I got to interview him for an article for my Sports Writing class. Can't wait to see how high he's drafted.

Maybe he could slide to 26th? Start manufacturing some dirt on him...start leaking things he told you "off the record" in your interview **wink**

:)

Maybe he could slide to 26th? Start manufacturing some dirt on him...start leaking things he told you "off the record" in your interview **wink**

:)

Would love to have Jamie Oleksiak (or however you spell his last name), sick upside, but yeah you'd have to have serious dirt to cause him to drop to 26.

Canunks scored three power play goals last night....did you see the game BB, maybe you can steal a play or two...
The Canucks scored 3 5 on 3 goals. The fact that the Canucks had 3 5 on 3 opportunities, on the road, in the playoffs, tells you all you need to know about the officiating in the playoffs.

There were some very ticky-tack calls on SJ early, and Vancouver was allowed to mug it up the last 10 min while the refs swallowed the whistle. You know the whole "we don't want refs to influence the outcome by calling late penalties" mantra? Guess what? Calling 3 5 on 3s INFLUENCES THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME! I don't care if you make the calls, just be consistent. The NHL was supposed to fix the "playoff officiating" with these new rules to open the flow of the game up. Yet every year, slight clutch and grab is allowed in the 1st round, slightly more in the 2nd, a ton in the CF, and it is encouraged in the SCF. Mandate the rules, enforce them the same as you would in Nov. It ain't hard. If it was interference in Nov, blow the damn whistle in May/June.

Would love to have Jamie Oleksiak (or however you spell his last name), sick upside, but yeah you'd have to have serious dirt to cause him to drop to 26.

I'm praying to God he stays a couple more years but he'll probably sign a pro contract after this season.

Nashville makes alot more sense to move then Columbus. We suck against Columbus.

It'd be really unfair to both Columbus and Detroit to move a Central time zone team to the east ahead of them. Any way you slice it, unless they severely overhaul the current division format, the Southeast will continue to be a horrible gauntlet of boredom against teams without history.

It'd be really unfair to both Columbus and Detroit to move a Central time zone team to the east ahead of them. Any way you slice it, unless they severely overhaul the current division format, the Southeast will continue to be a horrible gauntlet of boredom against teams without history.

Move Minnesota to the Central (natural rival with Detroit) to replace Nashville. It actually works better for Detroit/Columbus getting the Wild (think old North Stars) into the division. The SE has sucked as a division since the beginning because none of the cities have been what you would call "hockey hotbeds". Washington has the most loyal fanbase (even before their current good run) and the most longevity of any of the teams. This will be Atlanta's second failed franchise, Carolina moved from Hartford (and is the 2nd most stable team in the division IMO), Tampa Bay was an expansion team that has had the most success of any of the expansion teams and I don't know how the Panthers stay in Florida. The Caps got the shaft when the Patrick division broke up. I'd like to see them go back to 2 divisions (1 with 8 teams the other with 7).

Move Minnesota to the Central (natural rival with Detroit) to replace Nashville. It actually works better for Detroit/Columbus getting the Wild (think old North Stars) into the division. The SE has sucked as a division since the beginning because none of the cities have been what you would call "hockey hotbeds". Washington has the most loyal fanbase (even before their current good run) and the most longevity of any of the teams. This will be Atlanta's second failed franchise, Carolina moved from Hartford (and is the 2nd most stable team in the division IMO), Tampa Bay was an expansion team that has had the most success of any of the expansion teams and I don't know how the Panthers stay in Florida. The Caps got the shaft when the Patrick division broke up. I'd like to see them go back to 2 divisions (1 with 8 teams the other with 7).

There is the major time zone issue with Nashville going to the Southeast. I think that'd be absolutely unforgiveable if the NHL moved a Central time team to the East ahead of the two on EST. Columbus is the team that has to move if the NHL is committed to Detroit staying in the West, which they seem to be for the sake of not leaving Chicago as the only Original 6 over there.

As it stands right now, Dallas has the most room to complain. Central time zone team that has everyone in their division on Pacific time with the exception of Phoenix who is technically on MST up until playoffs. If anyone moves into the Central it has to be them, and seeing as they used to be the North Stars, being back with old Norris division rivals would work well.

Minnesota to Winnipeg is much closer than Minny to Detroit, in terms of driving miles, so that's a rivalry that could develop. Minny has more in common with the teams in the Canadian Praries anyway. The Manitoba team is going to be marketed as an area team, ie Saskatchewan, North Dakota, etc. If North Dakota embraces the Manitoba team, there's already the WCHA rivalry that exists.

That's how I see it right now, but you're right in that they'd be better off going back to 2 divisions per conference. The uneven teams could make the playoff setup weird if they tried to emulate the old playoff format, but they could make it work. Or they could keep it 1-8 like it is now. All I know is that, with this format, the Southeast has the potential to get even more boring, and I didn't think that was possible.

Archived