Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Do you tip on your take out order?

dockeryfan

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

It's situation by situation...

If I'm picking up food for multiple people I'll leave a couple of bucks, if they have to go back go get something else (like bbq sauce or something) and it was my fault it wasn't in the bag (I didn't say it on the phone) I will.

If I get a pizza, walk in, grab pizza, pay, leave... I don't see a need for a tip...

I also take into consideration who gets my togo ready (bartender or someone who is paid for take out orders) and how busy the place is... If a bartender has a pretty full bar, they could grab someone else a beer instead of my togo and they would obviously make a tip, therefore I feel the need to compensate them for getting me first.

Nope unless they do something above and beyond. Tips are for exceptional service. If I get that I will leave a tip. I don't leave a tip just for the sake of doing it.

Same here, I know too many people who tip just for the hell of it. I f you give me exceptional service, and my order is on time, you will be rewarded, that's how it should work.

When I was younger, I didn't do it very often. But I do it now. It seems like this is a very divisive issue as I have seen it argued on message boards for years.

I don't tip as much as I would if I were at a sit down restaurant, or if I had something delivered to me, but I still tip. There is still effort involved in putting things together, and most of the time somebody that I ordered something for wants something random.

At some point, someone will ask something like "do you tip at McDonald's"? No, I don't, but a lot of times, people at fast food places are getting paid better than someone at, say Chili's because of the possibility of tips.

On "take-out" where I pick up? Absolutely not.

Tips are reserved for service... the service of seating me, preparing a table, taking my order, delivering my order as I requested, waiting on me (topping off drinks, etc), cleaning off my table... and cleaning/washing my plates/cuttlery... cashing me out before I leave.... and giving me good service during the experience.

That's what a tip is for.

Not for putting everything in a brown bag with some plastic cutlery and sending me on my way.

Usually a buck or two, I mean the waiter still had to take your order and put some effort into getting the food to you. Usually when I was a waiter and some one had a to go order i would ask if they wanted water or bread while they waited for the food to be prepared. Plus you have to remember that most of the times waiters are paid by tips. But usually I didn't expect a big tip on a to go order usually it would be just you know keep the change or here's a dollar or two, which I think is fair.

Archived