Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to trade Haynesworth (Please)

instinct21

i look at it like this... last night our defense look like they could play pretty good without him.. our offense without vjax? no so much.. just make the trade get 2 draft picks idc if they are 3rd and 4th or a 4th and a 5th right now i think with Vjax our offense will flourish more.

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Redskins may again look to trade disgruntled NT Albert Haynesworth.

Mort remains adamant that the Titans are the frontrunner, and that the price tag could drop lower than the Redskins' previous demand of a second-round pick. One would have to believe the Jets would kick the tires on Haynesworth if Kris Jenkins' injury proves to be serious.

And maybe the Chiefs:

Chiefs DE Tyson Jackson had to be helped off the field Monday night against the Chargers with what looked like a left knee injury

Ron Edwards replaced him. It's unknown if the former No. 3 overall pick will return.

Best case scenario- 8 am tommorow

Mr Allen- Tennessee on line 1

Mr Allen- Kansas City on line 2

Mr Allen - NY Jets on line 3

2 hrs later:

Mr Allen- AJ Smith on line 1

Just to clarify one thing that the commentators got wrong last night during the coverage. Bert never huddles with the rest of the defense on the sidelines even when he was in Tenn or last year with us. That thing he does where he paces the sidelines with his game face on is part of his routine, which is generally accepted by the players (or so they say). You could argue that its not very team oriented, and I agree, but the point here is that its nothing new and not related to this year's ongoings.

Apparently, he's not aware that that game face of his makes him look like a 7 year-old idiot! It's the dumbest, most contrived thing I've ever seen. I would definitely lose that.

Yeah the skins should take the petty route and deactivate him which would guarantee quality free agents would avoid the team unless they get paid.

Just checking. Are you defending Albert's behavior?

For the record, I would not trade him unless we could get a good deal in return which is unlikely. But I wouldn't cave to his antics either. He either comes around and applies his talent at the highest level or he sits on the bench.

Hang in there man. The more the weeks role and he's not getting his own way, the more he'll hang himself with all concerned in this organization. I still believe we'll ship his disgraceful ass come the trade deadline.

It just remains as to how soon, and at what loss we bite on rectifying this VERY costly mistake.

Sadly, some guys will NEVER get it. (And I aren't just talking about the fat man there either.).

Hail.

People are making a bid deal about almost nothing. I agree with the poster who said that he played about as many snaps as other reserves. Hanynesworth was not being a malcontent when Collinsworth and Michaels were mouthing off about him not being with the rest of the players. Check the video, most of the DL were not in that group with the coaches. Holliday, Daniels and other DL were visible on the bench area. Shanahan is managing this situation and you want Haynesworth to be mad that he isnt in the game. Its a learning process, when he learns that he will play and get the accolades he "believes" he deserves when he learnes the defense and practices effectively then he will play. If Albert didnt care I'd be more ticked at him. That was also the point taken by Doc Walker. IMHO back up and observe..... let the coaches do their motivational tactics and watch him be a regular and a starter before the bye week.

161126326.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1284475090&Signature=WC0tDMckgDhu5ZM98Ep0xKLQjhA%3D

As other teams DLine guys go down, the more the interest should be for AH. My guess is that TN knows this. I like how the Skins are sticking to their guns and demanding a 2nd (per reports).

However, the guys on ESPN980 think they should get rid of him now and do it for a 3rd. I don't agree with it for such a low pick.

All the more proof that Haynesworth isn't interested in doing what the coaches want him to do, he wants to do his own thing...no I in team Haynesworth but there is in "sit down Bert".

You realize you are mad at him for not "huddling up" with the LBs and DBs? The little chart that Collinsworth drew, and ESPN reported on, and the Washington Post commented on is wrong. So he stood up to watch the game instead of sitting down with the other DL and that is a big deal?

As other teams DLine guys go down, the more the interest should be for AH. My guess is that TN knows this. I like how the Skins are sticking to their guns and demanding a 2nd (per reports).

However, the guys on ESPN980 think they should get rid of him now and do it for a 3rd. I don't agree with it for such a low pick.

I agree 100%. If you want him, you are going to have to give us something. The truth is, Haynesworth is being managed quite well by the team. If we have to hold on to him until somebody gives something up, we can do that.

Just checking. Are you defending Albert's behavior?

For the record, I would not trade him unless we could get a good deal in return which is unlikely. But I wouldn't cave to his antics either. He either comes around and applies his talent at the highest level or he sits on the bench.

What behavior are you questioning? That he wasn't huddling with the LBs? It seems to be a big controversy.

If tennessee truly is his next destination point, I really wouldn't expect the Skins FO to trade him to an opponent that we actually play in 9 weeks, unless of course we get everything that we are asking for, and who knows, maybe even more. IMO that's why the Skins thru up the high asking price. Now as injuries occur and teams become more desperate, we may even get other offers coming in for our asking price, or again, possibly even more. In the meantime continue to do with him exactly as we are, until/unless he becomes a major disruption to the team. I personally think that if nothing happens for the next 9 weeks, we will trade him to tenn at a bargain price. But I guess you can't leave out the option that AH may actually pull his head out of his ass long enough for a swift blow to the head to occur and actually fire off the necessary neurological response required for him to make the intelligent decision and join his teammates in this little defensive adventure they've all agreed to embark upon. But who knows if that will ever happen :whoknows:

Hail!

What? Is this a serious post or a joke?

Jim Haslett's pinky contains more knowledge about a 3-4 defense than any of us could ever hope for. You can't transform the personnel of a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 in one offseason. His schemes are all about disguising the plays and catching the offense offguard.

I am much more satisfied with that defensive performance than with any under Greg Blache.

We got one sack against a "patchwork" line. A sack by the way that happened while 92 was in the game. How can anyone claim that Haynesworth played any worse than the other DL?

You realize you are mad at him for not "huddling up" with the LBs and DBs? The little chart that Collinsworth drew, and ESPN reported on, and the Washington Post commented on is wrong. So he stood up to watch the game instead of sitting down with the other DL and that is a big deal?

HEY THIS IS A FAT ALBERT THREAD , YOU WITH THE BRAIN SIT DOWN AND SHUT IT. lol

I also thought it was funny that daniels and gholston are chillin on the bench while AH was watching the game yet somehow he is a bad teammate? lmao/

Archived