Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to trade Haynesworth (Please)

instinct21

Give it a rest.

Some of you are feeding into the media hype wayyyy too much. Anybody who watched that game unbiased could see that Haynesworth was average, and that shouldn't surprise since it was his first game at a totally different position than he has ever played in his career. To be honest, it seems like you all are getting your opinions from Collinsworth, who was WRONG half the time when he brought up Haynesworth. i.e. claiming Gurode was owning Haynesworth as he threw Gurode into the pile and clogged up the run. And yeah the other announcer just laughed as they showed the replay and Collinsworth looked like a fool.

Then some people are complaining because he was mad when they took him out the game. I guarantee you all never played sports, because ANY player would be mad if they couldn't go out their and help their teammates, especially if you're watching Vonnie Holiday get moved aside. I'd be mad too. I'd be pacing on the sideline too. As a player you want to be in there.

And he wasn't "pulled" from the game, he played the amount of snaps the coaches said he'd play. No different from J. Brown coming out after he played a certain number of snaps. Shanahan said before and after the game that he designates a certain amount of snaps for guys as he works them into the system. So Haynesworth coming out was premeditated and had nothing to do with his on the field play.

Then I read someone complain because he didn't give someone they knew a high five after the game. Are you serious? You all act like we just won the Super Bowl. As fans, yeah we're gonna be hype after that win, but I doubt many of our players were completely satisfied about winning on a holding penalty.

Basically, you all need to find a new player to hawk. Many of you are just reaching for stuff to complain about at this point, and the same old "lazy, fat, worthless" comments are getting old and not even applicable to on the field play.

Completely agree! Too many fans are looking into this way too much and following the over hypeness of the media. The media has blown this whole thing out of proportion since training camp and it is really getting on my last nerve. I'm sure Haynesworth, the players, coaches and many other fans feel the same.

Yeah, it's too bad he doesn't get it. Looks like he never will, but we gotta take what we can get out of him for now.

This was my first (and only) post in this thread. I want to take it back, I jumped the gun, and the friggin idiot commentators got me. I can't stand when people jump to conclusions and assume they know exactly what a person was thinking, but I was livid when I saw him pacing back and forth while the defense was huddling up talking about things.

Well, surprise surprise, after re-watching the game you'll notice THAT THERE WERE NO DLINEMEN IN THAT HUDDLE, and that actually, the other Dlinemen are sitting on the bench adjacent to Haynesworth. He was the only one standing and pacing back and forth, but he does that every game and we saw plenty of it last season. Friggin Chris Collinsworth out of all people made me (wrongly) have hatred in my heart towards a Redskin. Ugh, I'm disgusted with myself right now.

That being said, Haynesworth still clearly has issues playing within the scheme and if he doesn't stop assuming it's a pass every time he's in and try to finess his way to the QB instead of clogging his gap, he's going to continue to be a player we get little out of. The clearest example of this was when we had the Cowboys backed up on their own 1 yard line, and because he decided he wanted to be the guy who causes a Safety he tried to split the gap and finesse his way into the backfield, causing himself to totally get pushed out of the way to right of the Cowboys line leaving the middle of our D wide open. Of course, their RB saw it and hit it hard, gaining 12 yards in the process and giving them a ton of space to operate. It's so frustrating to see how a player who can help us out so much and make the weakness of our defense a strength just refuses to do it at times!

Speaking of Chris, if you guys have the game recorded go back to the final play of the game after the holding call was called and they showed the reply, did you hear the tone of his voice? He was totally whining when he saw what Barron did, like his heart just got broken, lol! Specifically when he says "unbelievable"... hilarious! :ols:

Archived