Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Fans vs Cowboys Fans

dlwredskins

Redskins Fans I need some suggestions.

I write sports articles for the Redskins on this site Isportsweb.com. I post links regularly

Anyway to hype the Dallas/Redskins rivalry week the Cowboys writer and myself are going to be writing articles on different topics regarding the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry.

One Topic will be: Who has the best fans…The Redskins or Cowboys?

So far I will include:

- Our Undying Loyalty through good times and bad

- The fact that our home games have been sold out since the 60’s and remain sold out even though we now have the largest stadium in the league

- All Redskins Fans know the words to Hail To the Redskins

- Traditions like the Hogettes

- Redskins Fans are one of the best travelling Fan Bases in the league

So what else makes Redskins Fans better than Cowboys fans. I want to get suggestions to use them all in my article.

Thanks and HAIL!

In my experience Redskins fans are true fans who stick with their team through thick and thin (like recently). A lot of Cowboys fans are "followers" who will switch allegiances as soon as the team begins losing.

The Cowboys, and their fans, are always driven by their star players. I know some Cowboy fans who don't even know who all their starters are, never mind the backups. Redskin fans are much more team aware, and key role players have always been fan favourites.

We are generally a localized fan base. While we have a national following, we pack the 90,000 plus stadium because we live her and love the DMV. UNLIKE cowboys fans who at least half of them have never been to texas, have no affiliation whatsoever with texas and are nothing more than either:

1) haters. They just want to hate their local team because they hate their life and subconsciously (or consciously) want to blame their local for their plight. So they become "Dallas" fans and get off on cheering against their neighbors and co-workers.

2) Losers who just want to be a part of something bigger then themselves but again, not too close to their own lives (ie being a part of the community and rooting for your home team is just too close). They join up with "America's Team" and they can feel special. Like Yankee fans sorta. These are the same people who watch reality shows and get really angry at certain characters cuz "it just ain't right!".

Go up to a Dallas fan and ask why they are a Dallas fan and if he isn' wearing a Ten Gallon hat, the answer is "Dunno, always liked em". Well, have you ever been to Dallas? "no, but I just love the cowboys".

Vermon. ****roaches.

We are generally a localized fan base. While we have a national following, we pack the 90,000 plus stadium because we live her and love the DMV. UNLIKE cowboys fans who at least half of them have never been to texas, have no affiliation whatsoever with texas and are nothing more than either:

1) haters. They just want to hate their local team because they hate their life and subconsciously (or consciously) want to blame their local for their plight. So they become "Dallas" fans and get off on cheering against their neighbors and co-workers.

2) Losers who just want to be a part of something bigger then themselves but again, not too close to their own lives (ie being a part of the community and rooting for your home team is just too close). They join up with "America's Team" and they can feel special. Like Yankee fans sorta. These are the same people who watch reality shows and get really angry at certain characters cuz "it just ain't right!".

Haha, great analysis. Yes what I don't get is the national fan base. It's just generic. When I'm in VA there're seemingly even more Cowboys fans than Skins fans nowadays. Cowboys gear in the storefronts, Redskins stuff in the back with all the other teams, etc.

Plus Cowboys fans have this annoying overly-enthusiastic, in-your-face, exaggerated perception of how good the Cowboys are.

The good part about that is, every team is going to get up to play them; they do have a target on them.

The Minnesota playoff last year was one of my all-time fav. games, but it didn't seem to quiet the Cowboys' fans for long due to their exaggerated beliefs about their team.

Why we are better fans? Because more than 50% of our fan base isn't a bunch of bandwagon jumping pieces of trash who have nothing to do with Dallas or the state of Texas yet we like to affiliate ourselves with them.

Words don't express my dislike and overall contempt for people who LIVE in the DMV, were raised in the DMV and like that ****ing team.

Go up to a Dallas fan and ask why they are a Dallas fan and if he isn' wearing a Ten Gallon hat, the answer is "Dunno, always liked em". Well, have you ever been to Dallas? "no, but I just love the cowboys".

Vermon. ****roaches.

i think your point is irrelevant. I'm a die hard REDSKINS fan, why? idk, but i am. We've sucked basically every year since i been a fan. The only highlight from this team that i have is Sean Taylor, but i'm still loyal as the rest of youse are.

And about people who want to be apart of something bigger then they are. I think people who change teams often switch to become fans of either, Colts, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles fan base.

Id have to say Loyalty I live in New Mexico a place dominated by cowgirl fans, when my redskins lose im wearing my jersey the next day, regarless! To me it seems like when the cowgirls win the fans are everywhere and loud and when they loose they are no where to be seen and quiet kinda like ****roaches when the light turnes on they scatter, or crickets when the light turns on they stop making noise.

Vermon. ****roaches.

Absolutely right. How can someone who is not from Texas, Arkansas, or Oklahoma be a cowboy fan. Unless you are debating with fans from those areas, it's pointless to even discuss the rivalry with "bandwagon" jumpers who love the cowboy arrogance. If I had a buck for everybody who said I liked them when they were 1-15 but couldn't name anybody past smith or aikman, I could retire.

i think your point is irrelevant. I'm a die hard REDSKINS fan, why? idk, but i am. We've sucked basically every year since i been a fan. The only highlight from this team that i have is Sean Taylor, but i'm still loyal as the rest of youse are.

And about people who want to be apart of something bigger then they are. I think people who change teams often switch to become fans of either, Colts, Patriots, Ravens, Steelers, Eagles fan base.

My point wasn't that you need to have a "legitimate" reason to become a fan of a team. I actually became a fan of the skins at 5 years old because I liked their uniforms!

Dallas fans however, with little exception, became fans just to annoy the local fans! Again, obviously, I am not talking about people who actually LIVE in texas. Rarely, do people become REDSKINS fans just to annoy the people around them. Rarely do people become Redskins fans just because they want to be rooting for the perrenial national media darling. . . because the Skins aren't them! The only time the skins get any love from the national media is when they HAVE to give it to them. (ie 1991). Even the early 80's there is the "strike-season" crap etc.

Dallas though? Hell, they are worshipped by every major media outlet and people become fans of that team from THIS area almost exclusively BECAUSE they want to root for the media darlings and conflict with their local team who happens to be their arch rival. Its a form of mental illness. Its self hate.

As for your idea that people become Eagle fans for the same reason. I just have to disagree. They have a whole opposite mental distrubance those people. And the Ravens? Cmon, they don't even know where they are from. Patriots? Yea, in the last half a decade maybe. But COWBOYS? Since they first put the star on their helmet. They are haters. They root fot the cowboys because they loathe their community.

They root for the cowboys because they want to be "special" or "different".

Archived