Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are finally open!

joeknows

we finally got the bar opened this weekend. it was a PHENOMENAL success!!!

we were over capacity all weekend and had an extreme amount of positive feed back. uuugh the growing pains but WOW life is getting exciting in this lil town!

here is our website with the pictures of the place. we are built in a 160 yr old building!

http://www.legendsdrafthouse.net/Home.php

Place looks great. Menu is primarily bar food, hope you intended it that way. Brings a different crowd. Philly Cheese steak with cheddar cheese sauce LOL Fail. Website double fail ;)

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavor. I wish you lots of success.

I always felt like if I got into the restaurant/bar business I would do 2-3 dishes, and do them to perfection. That's how you become known, imo.

Not by having a cheese steak on the menu. But by having the best cheese steak outside of philly... on fresh homemade italian bread and with the best ingredients.

(And no peppers or mushrooms on a cheese steak. That is sacrilege. Cheese steaks should only offer the option of onions, absolutely nothing else)

Good luck to you man... remember never stop working to make next week an even bigger success. The day you think you made it, is the day you start declining. Once you're well known after whatever period is accepted in the restaurant business... start looking for the next project and do it all over again. :D

Place looks great. Menu is primarily bar food, hope you intended it that way. Brings a different crowd. Philly Cheese steak with cheddar cheese sauce LOL Fail. Website double fail ;)

Seriously, best of luck in your endeavor. I wish you lots of success.

yes primarily bar food to start. the kitchen is a bit restrictive as to what can be done but the fresh never frozen hand cut secret recipe marinaded ribeye is a gold mine!

as for the philly i know that they use a cheese sauce... i have worked in many establishments that all have a different version of the philly. some with mushrooms and some without some without peppers, some with all three.... none of them using cheese sauce of any kind using provolone or something instead. but i know when they show them on nfl games they use a cheese sauce. and dont say chez whiz or ill ack!

the website.... yeah ... its weak. not my thing. im not the only one making decisions lol.

but i know when they show them on nfl games they use a cheese sauce. and dont say chez whiz or ill ack!

I hate to be the one to make you ack, but that "cheese" sauce you see is Cheez Whiz, right out of industrial size containers.

cheez_whiz.jpg&t=1

If you're going to substitute, at least use Provelone (also a choice at places like Pat's, Geno's, and Jim's).

I always get the provolone.

And i must say, i'm not a fan of cheez whiz, but it is good on an authentic philly cheese steak.

And JoeKnows, for the love of all that is sacred in this world, DO NOT put mushrooms or peppers on your cheese steaks. If a customer asks, tell them you serve cheese steaks, not sandwiches with steak and cheese and mushrooms and peppers. Big difference.

recently opened restaurants should answer the peppers and mushrooms question as follows: "any way you like it, sir/ma'am." pats, geno's, etc could get away with a big **** you like that, but not a new place.

fine, don't call it a cheese steak then :P

But I think your post is the very root of why food in this country is the laughing stock of every other country besides the UK.

Consumers don't know what's good. Chefs and people who spend their living preparing food, do.

A smart man once said, cooking is about control, eating is about submission. It is true.

(sorry op for the hi-jack :P But, consider it free bumps for your place.)

I always felt like if I got into the restaurant/bar business I would do 2-3 dishes, and do them to perfection. That's how you become known, imo.

Not by having a cheese steak on the menu. But by having the best cheese steak outside of philly... on fresh homemade italian bread and with the best ingredients.

(And no peppers or mushrooms on a cheese steak. That is sacrilege. Cheese steaks should only offer the option of onions, absolutely nothing else)

Only Philly could become all high and mighty about a Steakum and Cheez-Whiz.

Oohhhh...you are improperly flavoring that frozen piece of frozen shoe leather. You heathen.

**** cheesesteaks.

Want to know the honest to God's truth? I've never had a good one.

The Pizza Cheeseteak at the Hogie Haven was tolerable because it was slathered in tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese. You could put tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on a rat's tongue and it would be palatable.

Anyway, the bar looks nice. I hope you have an endless supply of white kids in "****s" hats driving Beemers.

If I was running a restaurant, you know what I would sell? Chili.

Why? Because every ******* thinks their chili is the best. And it probably is. Because all chili tastes exactly the same. So, you can advertise "The World's Best Chili" and be accurate. And then you can make a bowl for 8 cents, charge $2.99 and retire to a small island in five years. I would sell it in paper bowls too. **** dishwashers. I'm hiring one illegal immigrant to deal with the overflowing trashcans.

Only Philly could become all high and mighty about a Steakum and Cheez-Whiz.

Oohhhh...you are improperly flavoring that frozen piece of frozen shoe leather. You heathen.

eh, come off it.

Some of the best street food in the world is derived from some of the "least desirable" ingredients. Yakitori in Japan, salami in italy, etc.

Of course, what our ancestors considered garbage and relegated to peasants is now highly sought-after.

I've had some excellent cheese steaks. The ones from Philly are no better or worse than anywhere else, despite the reputation. Don't get me wrong..they make 'em good in Philly. But that's not to say that they don't make 'em as good or better elsewhere.

And for the record the only "authentic" cheese options are whiz or prov.

How did this become a thread about cheese steaks again? Congrats on the bar opening, Joe! You've taken a huge step that I hope to make myself one day! I hope it works out well for ya!

eh, come off it.

Some of the best street food in the world is derived from some of the "least desirable" ingredients. Yakitori in Japan, salami in italy, etc.

Of course, what our ancestors considered garbage and relegated to peasants is now highly sought-after.

Salami is gross too.

Anyway, you're the one with intricate rules regarding cheesesteaks, Mr. High Priest of the Steak-Um.

Salami is gross too.

Anyway' date=' you're the one with intricate rules regarding cheesesteaks, Mr. High Priest of the Steak-Um.[/quote']

One of the best sammiches of all time.

And if you think salami is gross, you are dead to me. Proper fermentation is one of the most magical things that happens in the world of taste.

One of the best sammiches of all time.

And if you think salami is gross, you are dead to me. Proper fermentation is one of the most magical things that happens in the world of taste.

If I must eat a cured meat of Italian origin, I'll go with proscuitto.

Also, you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to anything ever.

Archived