Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are finally open!

joeknows

How did this become a thread about cheese steaks again?

It's one of those topics that is sure to inspire debate. Chilean Churrasco sandwiches are better than that Philly nonsense anyway... every man knows that steak deserves to be grilled and avocado is better than cheese whiz.

I hate to be the one to make you ack, but that "cheese" sauce you see is Cheez Whiz, right out of industrial size containers.

cheez_whiz.jpg&t=1

If you're going to substitute, at least use Provelone (also a choice at places like Pat's, Geno's, and Jim's).

Hold up, stop the presses. CHEEZ WEEZ = WIN!!!!!

It's one of those topics that is sure to inspire debate. Chilean Churrasco sandwiches are better than that Philly nonsense anyway... every man knows that steak deserves to be grilled and avocado is better than cheese whiz.

South American food is great. My favorite is the meat on the stick with the meat on the side, with meat sauce, garnished with meat. And meat juice to drink.

(jus jokes, I love SA food. there is a joint in Charlotte I go to that does authentic Columbian food, it's ridiculously good)

South American food is great. My favorite is the meat on the stick with the meat on the side, with meat sauce, garnished with meat. And meat juice to drink.

(jus jokes, I love SA food. there is a joint in Charlotte I go to that does authentic Columbian food, it's ridiculously good)

You're not far off but you forgot the fried egg that is seemingly put on anything and the fried plantains or french fries that are apparently just thrown onto every dish as a garnish. :ols:

I don't think health food exists in south america. I sure as hell haven't seen it when visiting.

fine, don't call it a cheese steak then :P

But I think your post is the very root of why food in this country is the laughing stock of every other country besides the UK.

Consumers don't know what's good. Chefs and people who spend their living preparing food, do.

A smart man once said, cooking is about control, eating is about submission. It is true.

(sorry op for the hi-jack :P But, consider it free bumps for your place.)

That is a bit insane. Any food that one enjoys is good food. If people enjoy a steak and cheese with mushrooms and whatever topping they wish, then so be it. There is never any one "best" way to cook any particular food. You cater to the people you cook for.

Of course, what our ancestors considered garbage and relegated to peasants is now highly sought-after.

Prisoners in New England used to be fed lobster, and they rioted about having to eat such slop that nobody else wanted.

Anyway' date=' you're the one with intricate rules regarding cheesesteaks, Mr. High Priest of the Steak-Um.[/quote']

If you can't tell the difference between a high-quality thin slice of ribeye and a steak-um, you need a priest. To exorcise the demon that has apparently hijacked your taste buds.

There is never any one "best" way to cook any particular food.

Of course there is. Even if you can make it good with a different recipe, it's in fact a different recipe. It's no longer the same food.

You can't sub in ham in a BLT and still call it a BLT, even if you like the result.

You're not far off but you forgot the fried egg that is seemingly put on anything and the fried plantains or french fries that are apparently just thrown onto every dish as a garnish. :ols:

I don't think health food exists in south america. I sure as hell haven't seen it when visiting.

I really like yuca... probably moreso than plantains. There is a chicken dish I always get that is probably the most flavorful I've ever had.. can't remember the name, I always just point to it :) And it seems like a simple thing, but the black bean soup with vinegar is delicious

But you're right, the egg on top of the steak with sausage and chicharrones (sp) on the side is great. Yet south americans somehow stay thin, go figure

Congratulations, and best of luck!

There's a typo on your menu under "Chicago style hot dogs":

Then we top it with authentic Chicago style with yellow mustard...

Consider boxing out some special items on the menu to draw attention to them. Generally those will benefit from increased attention, and lower-priced items nearby will also benefit by comparison. So people who want to spend more find what they want quickly, and people who want a budget meal can have their attention grabbed, too.

Right. Because the first thing I do with every great ribeye is drown it in cheese whiz. :ols:

I actually prefer provelone, but I did try the Cheez Whiz once, and it was very good too.

If you want to have your ribeye thick and sans cheese, go to a steak house and order a steak.

Okay I love folks doing their own thing and the bar looks great... One quick comment, count the number of times the word legendary appears on your menu. May want to change things up a bit.

BTW, must be quite a legend, you only opened this weekend. =)

In any case, good luck I hope the place does awesome.

Okay I love folks doing their own thing and the bar looks great... One quick comment, count the number of times the word legendary appears on your menu. May want to change things up a bit.

Oh ya you think that is bad. You should count how many times "Cheese Wiz" is said in this thread.

ok so maybe i should change a few legendary's to mythicals? :pfft:

Congratulations, and best of luck!

There's a typo on your menu under "Chicago style hot dogs":

Consider boxing out some special items on the menu to draw attention to them. Generally those will benefit from increased attention, and lower-priced items nearby will also benefit by comparison. So people who want to spend more find what they want quickly, and people who want a budget meal can have their attention grabbed, too.

i have looked at that menu 1000 times and havent noticed that lol.... now i have to go look and see if i sent it to the printer like that or if she screwed it up lol.

Ok ok ok, enough of the "what is an authentic cheese steak" debate....here's what I want to know.

It's called "Legends Draft House" what is your draft selection? What brews do you have in bottles? Are you featuring any local microbreweries?

BTW, congrats on the success, and here's to continued success.

*edit...as someone who really likes sampling new brews having your tap and bottle list on your website might very well lure me in.

Ok ok ok, enough of the "what is an authentic cheese steak" debate....here's what I want to know.

It's called "Legends Draft House" what is your draft selection? What brews do you have in bottles? Are you featuring any local microbreweries?

BTW, congrats on the success, and here's to continued success.

why do you care, that's off limits to Baptists!

Come on over to catholicism, the water's nice :evilg:

I always felt like if I got into the restaurant/bar business I would do 2-3 dishes, and do them to perfection. That's how you become known, imo.

If you are going for that sort of thing, yeah. If you are running a bar first, and food 2nd(even a close 2nd) you need to diversify a little. You need to get regulars and keep them coming in regularly. I agree with your general principle though. It is even better one the "one thing" you do can be disguised over a decent sized menu.

I hate to be the one to make you ack, but that "cheese" sauce you see is Cheez Whiz, right out of industrial size containers.

cheez_whiz.jpg&t=1

If you're going to substitute, at least use Provelone (also a choice at places like Pat's, Geno's, and Jim's).

White American for me. Used to be a Provolone guy. No going back now.

ETA: Congrats on the opening Joe. I hope to be in your shoes one day. Funny story actually. I said something similar to a guy at the bar the other night when he was talking about his restaurant. He said "here's the keys. You can have it.":ols:

It can be a tough business. Good luck. :cheers:

Archived