Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

11 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Is rite! #6 is coming home! 

BTW, who's this lad at Lyon? Is he that good or is just that he looks that good in Ligue 1?

Hail. 

I guess you're talking about Fekir. He tore his ACL and struggled almost a couple of years to comeback. He will have to lose some weight and have a higher work ethic if he wants to pan out in the Premier League. Many people don't like him because he's from Lyon and he hesitated a lot to play for team France, his family wanted him to play for Algeria. He's got talent but he's not the same player, less speed and moves actually opposite to Salah. Actually he doesn't have the conditioning and level to be a starter for LFC.

Klopp could teach him, but in the meantime he and Aulas denied any transfer rumor about him. Ya know Aulas is a big lier.

Edited by FrFan
  • Thanks 1

Bugger. 

Don't care for England in any way, shape or form (I shall mostly be rooting for Egypt this summer), but gutted for both Joe and ourselves as regards fhe further top-level experience/ development he'll miss the WC he was looking a shoo-in to go to. If not start given Southgates want for three CH's. 

Need to either go all in on him partnering big Virge from the off next year or buy a reliable veteran to bridge a year until he gets the gig full time. Lovren, although a sound, experienced vet. back-up, was never the full-time answer.

Hail. 

20 hours ago, FrFan said:

Doesn't matter they're going to kick some galacticos' asses ;)

Haha, I just can't do it.  I can't bring myself to root for Liverpool and if the situation was reversed they'd all say the same.  BUT, I'm not too proud to say it's a great achievement for them to be there.  For English footie as a whole I think it's a good thing.  We are starting to see the decline of the spanish sides and the rise of the English sides.  Maybe this year was a bit too premature, but the shift in power is real.  All the money is in England, all the managers are moving to England, the players are coming too.  La Liga was boosted by 2 all time generational talents.  

I just hope one of those all time generational talents has an all time generational talent type night on the 26th.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Uh oh. 

Lock up yer Grannies people of DC! 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/report-wayne-rooney-serious-talks-signing-d-c-united/

Hail. 

The ONE player I'd not want on my side to root for, yikes.

Not sure what to do about DCU if this comes to fruition. Can't get a couple more years out of Iniesta? Totti? Terry? Anybody but that little ****. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The last time I trusted you on a transfer, this happened .....

Just saying. :P

Hail. 

I think the kid Keita is going to turn out pretty well you turd burglar

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Uh oh. 

Lock up yer Grannies people of DC! 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/report-wayne-rooney-serious-talks-signing-d-c-united/

Hail. 

10 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

The ONE player I'd not want on my side to root for, yikes.

Not sure what to do about DCU if this comes to fruition. Can't get a couple more years out of Iniesta? Totti? Terry? Anybody but that little ****. 

I think it was in this very thread that three years ago I called Balotelli or Ibra to United for the new stadium... So yeah... I was a bit off.

At least I got the year right for Ibra lol.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

The last time I trusted you on a transfer, this happened .....

Liverpool injury news: Christian Benteke, Roberto Firmino ...Just saying. :P

Hail. 

I'm just meh on Fekir. Watched him play a bit this year, and he has some creativity and can finish, but as Frfan said, I'm not sure he fits into the Klopp style of play. If I'm taking someone from Lyon, give me Memphis. I'd rather have Pulisic though. 5 years younger, far better pace, can play anywhere in front 3, or as an attacking mid, and I think fits the kind of player Klopp wants for his system. Would not mind a Zaha, Neves, or Lanzini either. 

Defo want a starting CB, and Oblak, as well as a true #6. But, what I want more than anything is NUMBER 6!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Humble, dignified words from a family your heart goes out to.

Doesn't sound too good given they hoped to bring him out of the induced coma last Monday but hopefully it's just taking longer than expected and he'll pull through.

Keep fighting mate. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I'm just meh on Fekir. Watched him play a bit this year, and he has some creativity and can finish, but as Frfan said, I'm not sure he fits into the Klopp style of play. If I'm taking someone from Lyon, give me Memphis. I'd rather have Pulisic though. 5 years younger, far better pace, can play anywhere in front 3, or as an attacking mid, and I think fits the kind of player Klopp wants for his system. Would not mind a Zaha, Neves, or Lanzini either. 

Defo want a starting CB, and Oblak, as well as a true #6. But, what I want more than anything is NUMBER 6!

We're finally in "Win Now" mode.  We've been waiting for this for years!  That's why you buy a Fekir.  Pulisic is still a ways away.

I would also love Zaha. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DC9 said:

We're finally in "Win Now" mode.  We've been waiting for this for years!  That's why you buy a Fekir.  Pulisic is still a ways away.

I would also love Zaha. 

So was Oxo-Chambo in many fans eyes (Hell. He wasn't even that) until Klopp got a hold of him. 

Has all the tools bro' that fits us to a T. 

Still don't think anyone's taking the title off City next year but's that's a whole other discussion.

Hail. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

So was Oxo-Chambo in many fans eyes (Hell. He wasn't even that) until Klopp got a hold of him. 

Has all the tools bro' that fits us to a T. 

Still don't think anyone's taking the title off City next year but's that's a whole other discussion.

Hail. 

The only way I see us grabbing Pulisic is if Lallana goes.  Which I think he should.  He's gone full Sturridge on us, unfortunately. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DC9 said:

The only way I see us grabbing Pulisic is if Lallana goes.  Which I think he should.  He's gone full Sturridge on us, unfortunately. 

Time will tell. I don't know but I believe L'pool feel they have him after all the groundwork they've put in the last few years with he and his dad. 

He'd be my tip for our big money summer splash. 

Huddersfield at Chelsea just now 'This is a library .... '

Uhmm, lads. 
There's no books yer know?

Small minded mentality clubs with their ****e lower league chants.

Hail. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1