Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Madrid. Munich. Rome. 

Can't fail to have a BRILLIANT semi-final trip now. 

And all beatable. One thing's for damn sure, as much as any Red may not want any of that three, none of them will want to pull L'pool. 

Hail. 

I don’t want any part of Real and their ref after last years BS they did to Bayern. My guess at the rigged drawing is Real -Liverpool and Bayern- Roma

Edited by RichmondRedskin88
  • Like 1

The one bright spot here is that although I was gutted yesterday (asking myself again why I allowed myself to get sucked back into sports), I'm not fully assimilated enough that it will bother me if Madrid wins three CLs in a row, which is clearly horrifying many Barca fans right now.

18 hours ago, DC9 said:

They had to make the quarters of the CL for them NOT to be in trouble.  This was why the Real tie was so huge.  It was either Zidane goes or Emery is out with PSG in FFP hell. 

I believe they're going to dump/trade many players such as Pastore, Kurzawa, Motta, ...

12 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

I don’t want any part of Real and their ref after last years BS they did to Bayern. My guess at the rigged drawing is Real -Liverpool and Bayern- Roma

A remake of the 1984 final Roma - LFC ?

"This referee does not have a heart, he let go. He has a garbage bag instead of the heart. If you do not have personality and courage, you go to the stands to watch the match with your wife and a Sprite." Buffon

Edited by FrFan

Not sure if many of you, outside of FrFan, have seen this, but Memphis Depay is on fire. Since moving inside to striker from his wide left position, he has accounted for Lyon's last eight goals, 4 assists, 4 netted.

Always had incredible talent, just mercurial personality that did himself no favors. With his blend of incredible technical ability, pace, and strength, always thought the sky was the limit for him. Maybe he is finally getting his head right, and realizing that at the top level, everyone is good, and it takes work to be among the best.

Rumors are Roma is keenly interested. Wonder if he would like to prove his mettle in the PL again. I could see Klopp working magic with that package of physical gifts.

30 minutes ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Depay outside L1? meh.

Guy just turned 24, still young, and I believe his best soccer is in front of him.

Wouldn't be the first talented player to have an inauspicious start in the PL, go elsewhere, get his game together, and come back swinging. There's this Egyptian lad...

Edited by Long n Left

20 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Not sure if many of you, outside of FrFan, have seen this, but Memphis Depay is on fire. Since moving inside to striker from his wide left position, he has accounted for Lyon's last eight goals, 4 assists, 4 netted.

He's got talent but he is very inconsistent, he was a ghost during the european cup run and his last 3 goals were vs Toulouse (17th) and Metz (20th). Maybe an old fashioned nasty coach can fix this, I don't know.

For the record Lyon is the most hated club, St Etienne (their enemy) the most friendly one. Rooting for Lyon is like asking a Redskins fan to root for the Cowboys including the worst of the Philly fanbase. ;)

17 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Depay outside L1? meh.

I hear you, according to Tuttosport AC Milan would be interested :unsure:

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

Bayern v Real

Liverpool v Roma

Okay with getting Roma as they are, arguably, the weakest team left, just wish we could have gotten the reverse leg at home. Just have to hammer them like they did City, but I fear Roma will park a big ole bus and try to counter. Probably less than thrilling soccer for the viewer. Why I was actually hoping to draw one of the other two, they'd at least come out and play.

31 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Bugger. Arsenal pulling Atlético could be a pain if we’re out Madrid the Wednesday they’re out.

They have an hour head start on rooms and flights now.

Hail.

Final is in Lyon I believe, it would be awesome to see l'OM winning in enemy territory :rofl89:

LFC - Roma a taste of 1984 !

FC Bayern vs Real and the refs

Edited by FrFan

46 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Maybe an old fashioned nasty coach can fix this, I don't know.

I wonder about this. In my coaching experience, the Diva players tend to respond more to positive reinforcement, and psychological challenge than to yelling at, and negative reinforcement. But, each player is a unique individual.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I wonder about this. In my coaching experience, the Diva players tend to respond more to positive reinforcement, and psychological challenge than to yelling at, and negative reinforcement. But, each player is a unique individual.

I didn't mean yelling like Gruden dropping F bombs all over the training field when he was with the Bengals, or undermining, more like making him train hard and focused on a regular basis. Last Feb. he was depicted as a locker room cancer. I probably should have used another term than nasty :). Therefore you need a coach with character and strong leadership. He is no diva, he is just lazy and individualistic player. The first one will be the harder to fix imo.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1