Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

The unwashed on Wearside have been relegated down to League 1 in the greatest way possible... At the Stadium of ****e, up 1-0 with 5 minutes left, concede the equalizer to Darren Bent lol, then minutes later concede the winner, only to equalize but have it ruled out LOL!  Let's All Laugh At Sunderland!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Well that was a pleasantly relaxed day out in the sun. With the added amusement of dickhead ‘Brummies seriously thinking any Red was arsed ..... ‘2-0 and yers F-ed it up?’ ..... Aside from the fact you were just a sideshow to Tuesday, you’ve F’ed up yer whole season! Bellends.

Not sure how that wasn’t a penalty on Ings or just how the big Egyptian snidey **** stayed on the pitch but meh, who cares? Mo another step toward the record. Just another game for the Egyptian King. Karius showing again just why Alisson is SO imperative this summer. Alby’s Alby. Never learns the daft bugger. Chamberlain now on 5 goals/ 8 assists for the year. ****e him like ..... Two sloppy goals was frustrating but no harm, no fowl. Like the Derby, today was just a means to an end to Tuesday.

Hail.

Yep. Alby showing that he ain't learned a ****ing thing, and Joe showing rust, and (IMO) will be moved inside next season.

Got some run for most of the guys who'll go Tuesday, and Mo gets the record tying goal. Fourth almost assured, so no worries, just feels ****ty not seeing one off, and not beating the bottom table team 3 tries this season.

• Thanks 1

Iniesta got a nice sendoff with Barça: winning the Double and he scored a sweet goal:

https://streamable.com/p7okn

And when he was subbed off at the very end he got a standing ovation from the entire crowd, including Sevilla fans, which was nice (all of Spain still loves him for the 2010 World Cup).

0-5, and it could have been more, because along with Messi doing this:

https://streamable.com/jstgw (nice back heel pass by Alba)

and this

https://streamable.com/br231 ("I'll just skip the open man on the wing and one touch a pass through three defenders" , he thinks)

he actually had two 1 on 1 clean breakaways against Seville's keeper, only to have one called back for a bad offsides, and on the other he was hauled down for a yellow that easily could have been a straight red.

So that was better than the Roma game. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, techboy said:

Iniesta got a nice sendoff with Barça: winning the Double and he scored a sweet goal:

https://streamable.com/p7okn

And when he was subbed off at the very end he got a standing ovation from the entire crowd, including Sevilla fans, which was nice (all of Spain still loves him for the 2010 World Cup).

0-5, and it could have been more, because along with Messi doing this:

https://streamable.com/jstgw (nice back heel pass by Alba)

and this

https://streamable.com/br231 ("I'll just skip the open man on the wing and one touch a pass through three defenders" , he thinks)

he actually had two 1 on 1 clean breakaways against Seville's keeper, only to have one called back for a bad offsides, and on the other he was hauled down for a yellow that easily could have been a straight red.

So that was better than the Roma game. :)

Messi gets all the "once in a generation" talk but Iniesta was a once in a generation player too imo

• Like 1

Beginning to wonder if I got Harry Wilson wrong?

Gone from tearing up the 23's the last season and a half and being the pretty unanimous best player across the league to continuing it on the Championship with Hull and his 7 goals/ 4 assists through 9 starts. Always thought he was lacking build/ something different to set him 
apart the next level despite his ridiculous goals/ assists output at youth level but he's sure making a strong case for himself the past 4 months at Hull. 

Interesting to see the development 
come the pre-season from this experience.

Hail. 

• Thanks 1

Can it be tomorrow evening already? 

Roma
hate us and quaintly call us the 'Red Death' for a reason ..... But then when you ..... 

Do what no other side in Europe could have done back in 1984, go into their backyard and P all over their European
Cup winning party ..... 

'Campione (
NO H! We aren't wools!), Campione, Campione Li-ver-pool!' 

To then put them out of the UEFA Cup on the way to our second treble in 2001. Made even better by a crazy mad referee 'awarding' them what would have been a tying penalty at Anfield the second leg to then decide 'Nah. Just messing lads!' and proceed to book anyone and everyone that argued with him .....

To then put them out on the last match day in a winner-takes-all encounter (we needed to win by 2. They needed to lose by less) in the second CL Group phase a year later on another unforgettably special Anfield European night and Gerrard Houllier's surprise return.

You earn that level of hatred. Just as we are Barcelona's, we're Roma's European nemesis too. 

They just LOVE us in Rome haha. Although uncannily, Lazio really 
do. Heck knows why ..... 

More of the same tomorrow night Redmen! 12 down, 3 to go to #6! 

' ..... And we come from LIVERPOOL! Allez, Allez, Allez ..... '

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Just as we are Barcelona's, we're Roma's European nemesis too.

I don't know if this will ruin your fun, but actually many of the Barcelona fans I've read are pulling for Liverpool, because they like the exciting playstyle, and they hate Madrid (obviously) and don't want Bayern to pull ahead in number of CL trophies.

*EDIT* Which actually doesn't totally make sense, because Bayern and Liverpool both have 5. Maybe it's recency bias? A lot of the fans are probably younger.

Very little hatred of Liverpool either way.

Should I be giving you a hard time? Is there a protocol I am as yet unaware of? 

Edited by techboy

58 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

They just LOVE us in Rome haha. Although uncannily, Lazio really do. Heck knows why ..... 

I guess if Roma hate Liverpool then that's probably a good enough reason for Lazio, actually.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if this will ruin your fun, but actually many of the Barcelona fans I've read are pulling for Liverpool, because they like the exciting playstyle, and they hate Madrid (obviously) and don't want Bayern to pull ahead in number of CL trophies.

*EDIT* Which actually doesn't totally make sense, because Bayern and Liverpool both have 5. Maybe it's recency bias? A lot of the fans are probably younger.

Very little hatred of Liverpool either way.

Should I be giving you a hard time? Is there a protocol I am as yet unaware of? 

Dunno'? But then I never suggested there was any 'hatred' of L'pool from Barcelona. ^_^

But as you mention it .....

L'pool are Barcelona's European nemesis. The only English side to ever win at the Nou Camp. Twice. Played Barcelona three times in straight knock-out European football. Put them out three times. Two UEFA Cup (now the Europa League) semis. One Champions League first knock-out stage. 

The Catalan press makes a big deal of it every time we face Barcelona and you can hear the audible groans from Catalonia. I think it get's psychological to the point Barca are beaten before they play the game having the past history thrown at them. Seen Messi 4 times live now and he's never had a kick in all four games. Something in the weight of that history and never having beaten L'pool when it matters. 

I guess if Roma hate Liverpool then that's probably a good enough reason for Lazio, actually.

Exactly. ^_^ .

Hail. 

On 21/04/2018 at 5:22 PM, YoungTheShow1984 said:

The unwashed on Wearside have been relegated down to League 1 in the greatest way possible... At the Stadium of ****e, up 1-0 with 5 minutes left, concede the equalizer to Darren Bent lol, then minutes later concede the winner, only to equalize but have it ruled out LOL!  Let's All Laugh At Sunderland!

I don't know whether to: 

Feel sorry and embarrassed for him. 

Feel angry at the butchering of a Bowie classic. 

Call the authorities to make sure he's nowhere near sharp objects. 

All of the above. 

The REAL scary thing is these people live among us. 

Hail. 

4 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Something in the weight of that history and never having beaten L'pool when it matters. 

I suspect protocol here demands that I mention Continental Trebles and 2007, etc, but the truth is that I've never even watched an El Classico on TV, so I don't even properly feel a rivalry with Madrid, let alone Liverpool.

I hope you have a great trip to Rome, though, and that you continue to have an understanding boss at work. ?

Edited by techboy

54 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

I don't know whether to: 

Feel sorry and embarrassed for him. 

Feel angry at the butchering of a Bowie classic. 

Call the authorities to make sure he's nowhere near sharp objects. 

All of the above. 

The REAL scary thing is these people live among us. 

Hail. 

That was........ something else lol.

Fun fact: Jack Rodwell is on 70k/week wages this season. However since they are going to league one next season that wage goes down to about 40k... the average league one player earns roughly 1,700/week lol

Big night tonight. The 19th time a Merseyside team have contested European semi-finals:

Liverpool -

1965 Inter
1966 Celtic
1971 Leeds

1973 Spurs

1976 Barcelona

1977 Zurich

1978 Moénchengladbach

1981 Bayern

1984 Dynamo Bucharest

1985 Panathanaikos

1997 PSG

2001 Barcelona

2005 Chelsea

2007 Chelsea

2008 Chelsea

2010 Atletico 

2016 Villarreal

2018 Roma

Everton-

1985 Bayern

Hail. 

• Haha 1

City was heart-thumpingly, stand shakingly loud. But Chelsea '05 is still the standard bearer. 

Let's raise it another level and make Roma '18 the zenith. One of those special, special Anfield European atmosphere's only we can that we'll be talking about for years to come! 

Nights like these are why you do it. 

' ..... Bring on yer Roma by the score ..... '

Hail. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

City was heart-thumpingly, stand shakingly loud. But Chelsea '05 is still the standard bearer. 

Let's raise it another level and make Roma '18 the zenith. One of those special, special Anfield European atmosphere's only we can that we'll be talking about for years to come! 

Nights like these are why you do it. 

' ..... Bring on yer Roma by the score ..... '

Hail. 

So pumped, couldn't hardly sleep. Finally gave up around 4. Now I gotta find something to do with myself for the next 8 hours. Can't work on the golf game, monsoon season has struck. Too early to start drinking...right?...I mean, right?!?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

So pumped, couldn't hardly sleep. Finally gave up around 4. Now I gotta find something to do with myself for the next 8 hours. Can't work on the golf game, monsoon season has struck. Too early to start drinking...right?...I mean, right?!?

Been lashing down rain here too which will make the pitch super slick. 

I have a half hour to go before I can 'properly' start my day. Which is a complete contradiction in terms as next to no work hads been done this AM. So in answer to your question, if it's early enough for me, it's early enough for you! :cheers:

Up the Roman Gladiator Slaying Reds! 

Hail.