Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1-0 Argentina :|

---------- Post added March-26th-2011 at 08:14 PM ----------

They brought back the WC South Africa theme for the USA - Argentina game!

Ian Darke is doing the game!

Very excited

Going to actually watch 2nd half just because of Ian Darke.

---------- Post added March-26th-2011 at 08:31 PM ----------

Surge of American pride. Level at 1.

I don't think a lack of stadiums were a reason as to why we didn't get the '22 WC bid. I honestly believe Qatar's pitch and promise of these state of the art stadiums, which look visually stunning, helped sway the votes to them to be the host for 2022.

We (and England) lost the cup because FIFA is full of a bunch of money swindling *******s.

Edited by fullnelson9999

I was definitely impressed with the 2nd half and I think Bradley needs to stick with 2 strikers in Altidore and Agudelo, instead of only Altidore up top. We were definitely much more aggressive with 2 strikers in the 2nd half and put pressure on Argentina's defense.

I wasn't too impressed with Jermaine Jones, I had higher expectations from him and he deserved to be pulled at half, and the defense was shaky at best, too many times Messi and just another attacker were able to break down 5 or 6 guys; however, Howard showed why he is the best keeper in the world with his play tonight.

Pretty upset I missed the USA-ARG match. Good to hear that the young talent was performing well.

I mean, we got a draw against a superior side, but I'm not sure I'd classify possessing the ball 20% of the time or less as performing well.

The US Soccer Federation finally figured it out! Schedule grueling friendlies against the worlds best when they will play their best players. Don't play Spain when they bring their B side. Don't play Brazil when they bring their junior team. Play the best with the best, it will only help when the real prize rolls around.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you're joking or not, but I have no problem with his decision. I am disappointed that he didn't choose the US, but if he grew up watching/loving the Catrachos then that's what he should be. He didn't come here until he was 13 and isn't even a US citizen (and probably isn't even a legal permanent resident).

In the long run I think this is a great thing for the MLS (our youth system is doing good things) and for CONCACAF (he probably wouldn't have chosen Honduras if he didn't think they'd be going back to the WC any time soon).

I'm bitter. He'd be a great young player in the US Pool. I'm not happy about his decision. The naturalization thing is easily taken care of. The Post was projecting that he'd have to wait two years? Not if he got someone from State Dept. to take care of it.

With the development of Holden as a central playmaking midfielder and Juan Agundelo as a real threat as a striker; I would love for the national team to have great wings. I think Donovan is still great and poses great pace, but 4 years from now? Not sure. I like Ream's size, strength and poise. I think Chandler will be great in the right fullback role and Lichaj is an interesting option at left fullback. I love Dempsey, but I'm not sure if he will be a starter at the next World Cup. I see him being a striker off the bench. Basically, we need two players to step up and claim the wings and someone to claim the striker position next to Agundelo

As a Liverpool supporter, I don't know how to react to the news of LeBron James becoming a minority owner of the Reds.....

Can't hurt. Your marrying the marketing potential of two of the strongest sporting brands World wide.

I'm sure FSM wouldn't of brought him on board if the club didn't see the marketing potential. Trust in Mr Henry and his FSM group. The clubs fast becoming a professionally run outfit again after years and years of bad management on a boardroom level. Maximise the potential, and you've no bigger sporting name on a World wide basis and all the revenue that follows from that.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Can't hurt. Your marrying the marketing potential of two of the strongest sporting brands World wide.

I'm sure FSM wouldn't of brought him on board if the club didn't see the marketing potential. Trust in Mr Henry and his FSM group. The clubs fast becoming a professionally run outfit again after years and years of bad management on a boardroom level. Maximise the potential, and you've no bigger sporting name on a World wide basis and all the revenue that follows from that.

Hail.

I agree with everything you just said.....but I still think he is a major d-bag

Edited by jobaga
double post

I don't think a lack of stadiums were a reason as to why we didn't get the '22 WC bid. I honestly believe Qatar's pitch and promise of these state of the art stadiums bags of money for the voting members, which look visually stunning, helped sway the votes to them to be the host for 2022.

There you go, had to fix it for you.