Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Sure jobaga is going to write a dissertation for us on how it was 37's fault that Agger turned the ball over 7 times, got schooled badly, and then scored an own goal.

That piece of **** is worthless.  Preseason or not I'm ****ing tired of that terd.  EVERYTIME HE COMES IN HE SUCKS!

That said, the side looked very tidy today for me.  The crowd was a let down.  But progressively better.

Coutinho is brilliant.  Unfortunately there was no one forward worth a crap.

I brought up the same thing to my brother.  That was weird. :lol:

I did not watch the game, but I'm sure I would agree with the above statement. I don't hate Skrts, I just hate how handsy he is. He loves to turn everything in to a wrestling match. I will always think Agger is better, even when he isn't. I do love me some Coutinho. I think he may take the next step and put a couple in this year.
  • Like 1

You missed nottin'. Barely a shot on target from either team in a slow paced, error strewn encounter.

Typical early pre-season fare.

Hail.

Did Can get a run? How did he look? Did Ibe impress?

***edit***

I know you are not going to like this, but I don't mind the kits this year. I think they look much better on the pitch than on the website.

Edited by jobaga

It seems like he will add a lot of energy in the midfield. Between Can and Hendo the Liverpool midfield will be very active. Let's just hope he has a better shot than Hendo. I think both will protect Stevie G and allow him to be a deep lying playmaker. Everything I see says that Borini wants to stay and try to earn his spot. I think it is a mistake for both the player and the club. He has a great motor, but needs to improve his skill. He will not be able to do that playing in the lower cups and subbing every once in a while. He needs to move to get first team opportunities.

He came on for Borini first half who looked in a lot of pain with a shoulder injury. Thankfully it's not dislocated but what exactly he was doing playing with an impending move heck knows?

The new guy certainly likes to put his foot in.

Hail.

I read that Borini had turned down the move and wanted to stay and fight for a place at Liverpool.

Encouraging performance from Ander Herrera. Looks to have that calm and vision we've been lacking so badly in midfield. Gorgeous passer of the ball too.

Bilbao really is a wondrous club given the miniscule area they pick their talent from and the fantastic, International class players they continually produce. Got to admire the fact they've never strayed from their Basque only roots. To be the only team along with Barca and Real to never of been relegated is an incredible testimony to Basque spirit.

Pissed off they'll likely be in our pot for the European draw as if they qualify, as a fan, Bilbao is the best trip in Europe this year bar none.

Hail.

Bilbao really is a wondrous club given the miniscule area they pick their talent from and the fantastic, International class players they continually produce. Got to admire the fact they've never strayed from their Basque only roots. To be the only team along with Barca and Real to never of been relegated is an incredible testimony to Basque spirit.

Pissed off they'll likely be in our pot for the European draw as if they qualify, as a fan, Bilbao is the best trip in Europe this year bar none.

Hail.

the converse of this is that its pretty discriminatory to only pick Basque players.

I did not watch the game, but I'm sure I would agree with the above statement. I don't hate Skrts, I just hate how handsy he is. He loves to turn everything in to a wrestling match. I will always think Agger is better, even when he isn't. I do love me some Coutinho. I think he may take the next step and put a couple in this year.

I was so mad last night... :lol:

If only because when Agger came in at the 60 minute mark or thereabouts the back 4 had been clean for the most part. And when we saw that #5 kit subbing in my brother and I simultaneously texted each other nearly the exact same text. "Plus rating for the back four so far... and here comes Agger. Let's see now".

Surely Daniel wasn't out there to dissapoint the owner in his home town. :rolleyes:

I'm all about Lovern and Sakho going forward. But Sevilla need to get their act together on Moreno. Sell or don't sell. If they want to force us into scheduling a "friendly" for a loan, I will personally write an email to Ayre and invite him to grow a pair. I'll even attach a photo of mine so he knows what he should be striving for.

Damn... can you guys tell it's pre-season in both footballs now or what? Boys are salty. :lol: 

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

the converse of this is that its pretty discriminatory to only pick Basque players.

In the context of the Basque region and it's independent struggles against Spain, and not least the negative effect on Athletic on the REAL small area they have to pick from; I don't think you'd find many that would think their Basque only policy was discriminatory. 

I can see both positives and negatives but I'd fall down on the side of applauding them for sticking to the regions roots and promoting home grown loyalty. It's a unique scenario but it just fits for that region ya' know?

On a related note, a home game against a team from Madrid in particular must be something else. And that new stadium looks awesome now it's fully completed. 

I watched that Tottenham friendly last night. Boy, Lamela looked mighty sharp. He and Eriksen will prove to be deadly so long as they can both stay healthy.

Not quite sure what happened with Lamela last year. I get the move to a new Country/ culture/ style of football settling in thing; and he was criticised by his managers for poor work ethic and attitude; but to fall off the grid so to speak so spectacularly after the move was more than surprising. 

Dude was a top talent at Roma. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Not quite sure what happened with Lamela last year. I get the move to a new Country/ culture settling in thing; and he was criticised by his managers for poor work ethic and attitude; but to fall off the grid so to speak so spectacularly after the move was more than surprising. 

Dude was a top talent at Roma. 

Hail. 

Well, he also suffered a fairly debilitating back injury after his slow start, which didn't help. He reminds me of a left-footed Thomas Müller. Although, I am crossing my fingers, hoping he doesn't pan out ;)

Edited by RawBBQSauce
  • Like 1

Hail.

Agree 100%

I have no idea how they do it but it's borderline miraculous to operate the way they do and be succesfull this day and age. Great club who I think are admired by everyone outside of Sociadad. Bloody tough to get players out of there but who knows how many more gems they have hidden up there.

• Like 1

Can someone translate this to English

'Nice one lad. He did though, didn't he though?'

A bad play on an old TV sketch 'The Scousers' that used to be part of Harry Enfield's TV show. Which was basically a badly stereotyped skit on Liverpudlians. One of their catch phrases was 'Dey do do dat dough don't dey dough?' (They do do that though don't they though?). 

It was funny at the time, if VERY badly stereotyped. 

Hail. 

Finally got a chance to catch the Man Utd match. Wow. Ander Herrera absolutely oozes class. Every touch of the ball just has that little bit of quality that makes him stand out.

Easy to stand out in a meaningless friendly when you've all the time in the World on the ball. He's a tidy player but certainly never stood out in Bilbao to the tune of £ 30 million.

We shall see once the proper stuff starts in August.

Hail.

• Like 1

Easy to stand out in a meaningless friendly when you've all the time in the World on the ball. He's a tidy player but certainly never stood out in Bilbao to the tune of £ 30 million.

Hail.

Time on the ball is certainly a big key. I don't see him racking up a ton of multi-assist games throughout the year, but you can see quite easily that he does all of the little things exceptionally well. Those little things go a long way towards elevating the level of your midfield play.

As far as "to the tune of 30 mil"...it's just the state of affairs nowadays it seems. Young, high-quality, entering his prime. See: Lallana, Adam.

See 'English Premium' for Lallana, Adam.

The home grown player quota gives clubs a license to print money on any remotely good English talent. In reality Lallana's not worth half that £ 25 million. But it is what it is and L'pool were stupid enough (IMO) to pay it.

Herrera won't get all the time in the World on the ball when the season starts (or the time he had in La Ligue for that matter); so again we'll see. He was never a standout in Bilbao. Lallana's a good comparison as regards a good but not great player heavily over priced.

Personally, I wouldn't of touched either for the money. Time will out if they both prove me wrong or not.

Hail.

Hail.

We overpayed for him but it's absolute nonsense to say he never stood out at Bilbao.

See 'English Premium' for Lallana, Adam.

The home grown player quota gives clubs a license to print money on any remotely good English talent. In reality Lallana's not worth half that £ 25 million. But it is what it is and L'pool were stupid enough (IMO) to pay it.

Herrera won't get all the time in the World on the ball when the season starts (or the time he had in La Ligue for that matter); so again we'll see. He was never a standout in Bilbao. Lallana's a good comparison as regards a good but not great player heavily over priced.

Personally, I wouldn't of touched either for the money. Time will out if they both prove me wrong or not.

Hail.

The problem is, competition is fierce during the window. If you want a particular player, you're going to have to pay a premium. A lot of clubs set their sights on 3 or 4 players for the specific positions they're looking to fill and will pay whatever premium necessary, it seems.

You missed nottin'. Barely a shot on target from either team in a slow paced, error strewn encounter.

Typical early pre-season fare.

Hail.

you forgot to mention that as nice as it is to play at a place like Fenway, the field looked about the size of a typical 7v7 youth match.  For goodness sakes, when a player takes one dribble over midfield and is at the top of the PA, the field is too small.

• Like 1