Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Well at least the manager has espoused quickly to this ****e.

Hail.

Now to get Lambert or Coutinho on for Lucas.

RT @IanDarke Ludicrous NFL-style holding and blocking at set pieces MUST be addressed by refs. Most culprits making  no attempt to play ball

Probably referring to the foul on Skrtel... who has his own demons in that area...

This has to be it from Mignolet.  He's dreadful.  Absolutely dreadful.

Have seen enough of Borini today, too.

Let's get Lambert out there for Borini and lets get Coutinho or Allen out there for Lucas. 

Mario tracking back and helping out this woeful defense.

Lazy, selfish **** the is right?

Hail.

More runs, too.  Not sure why Brendan likes this target forward thing.  He's got that going through Borini this afternoon.  Time to put Lambert in... I don't care if he speaks Italian or not.

Same spot as we were last year at West Ham at the half, though if memory serves.

I've never even stepped on an organized soccer pitch so if I sound dumb, I'm sorry

But how the hell do these professionals suck so hard at defending set pieces.

Arsenal and Liverpool both. What the hell do they do in training?

Can a knowledgeable poster please help me understand?

If I had a nickel for every time we've asked the same through the Premier League era. ('What the HELL do they do in training?).

In Liverpool's case, it's just bad organisation and concentration. For some reason, like Rafa, Rodgers favours zonal marking. Which players love as it's an easy out and an abdication of responsibility ..... 'But he wasn't in my zone boss!'

Another thing that frustrates the living piss out of me is not having a man on both posts. That's defending 1-0-1 you learn in kindergarten.

Man on each post, pick your own man up.

It's not ****ing rocket science. Although looking at so called pros you'd think it was.

Hail.

*Edit* Having a dominant keeper helps that can both organise the men in front of him and dominate in the air.

We have a soft tart in goal that can do neither.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Defense doing what it did last year for Liverpool, just Suarez would score and create goals to make up for it. Liverpool needs Balotelli to take over, not sure he can.

The whole team would. Not just Luis. We haven't started at all this year and the last three games have been abysmal. (Against three real poor teams too that we've made look half decent.). I don't think Mario's playing too bad. Working hard. Flashing. Just needs to find his feet and when we do start playing and creating he'll benefit.

But if we have that attitude and defend that bad next week we can forget the Derby.

Hail.

• Like 1

Agreed...in the main its an average squad.

It was an average squad last year that had the League in its own hands with 3 games to go.

Now it's been heavily added to and improved yet (down to a poor start). It's still 'average.'

That's some logic. I'll remind you of it come May.

Hail.

You all ready for a laugh. I can't make this up. 

Follow

Everyone in the global football community has a responsibility to act ethically. Football fans rightly demand this. FIFA has taken the lead.' class="bbc_url">@Joseph S Blatter ✔ @SeppBlatter
Follow

Everyone in the global football community has a responsibility to act ethically. Football fans rightly demand this. FIFA has taken the lead.

http://deadspin.com/lol-lol-1637145523/all

Edited by DCranon21

It was an average squad last year that had the League in its own hands with 3 games to go.

Now it's been heavily added to and improved yet (down to a poor start). It's still 'average.'

That's some logic. I'll remind you of it come May.

Hail.

I think you've done the same as Spurs did with the Bale money. BR has blown 100mil and the increase in talent, on balance with the Suarez sale, is marginal.

You are competitive no doubt, and the league itself is built on mediocrity. So I'm sure you will have something to say in May, but in the main it's an average squad IMO.

I said before the international break that Sturridge was a key player, but always an injury waiting to happen...and once the inevitable injury happens you look weak up front. Sterling is a quality player. Exciting prospect. After that I'm not seeing what all the hype is about with your squad.

I think you've done the same as Spurs did with the Bale money. BR has blown 100mil and the increase in talent, on balance with the Suarez sale, is marginal.

Regardless of what you think of the quality, or not, of the players brought in this summer, the 'Spurs comparison couldn't be further from the truth.

Save for Mario, all the new signings were identified and on the shopping list well before Suarez done what he done in Brazil. They'd of been here regardless. Money wasn't a factor. Suarez having to go has just helped balance the books.

Hail.

You all ready for a laugh. I can't make this up. 

Joseph S Blatter        

Everyone in the global football community has a responsibility to act ethically. Football fans rightly demand this. FIFA has taken the lead.

http://deadspin.com/lol-lol-1637145523/all

There must be a re-election race on.

Hail.

Regardless of what you think of the quality, or not, of the players brought in this summer, the 'Spurs comparison couldn't be further from the truth.

Save for Mario, all the new signings were identified and on the shopping list well before Suarez done what he done in Brazil.

If I was a Liverpool fan, I'm not sure that would give me any comfort....

You sure have crippled Southampton thus far......well they're not top, but second isn't bad I guess.