Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Being as I read today 'Spurs are interested I think your tweets are being intercepted.

Hail.

Spurs are linked to a lot of folks.  The other winger of notariety here is Julian Green. 

Not sure what's going on down there. 

But they always seemed to be in on anyone.  I think of late, they are the "Redskins" of the early-2000s or so.... Spurs are interested the price should go up.

Have faith. Brendan has earned it. He thinks Lallana will excel in his system, he has been more right than wrong.....

He'd better excel to Messi like proportions as he's costing close to £50 million. (The fee plus 100 grand a week over 5 years.).

For a player that didn't reach double figures in either goals or assists last term you don't get much these days for 50 million pounds huh?

Hail.

There's media outlets here saying Barca are already negotiating.

Main one seems to be £ 50 million plus Alexis Sanchez

Hail.

I saw today that Sanchez said no to Liverpool and wants to go to Arsenal. Have you heard that? Would Arsenal even spend the money required to get him?

I saw today that Sanchez said no to Liverpool and wants to go to Arsenal. Have you heard that? Would Arsenal even spend the money required to get him?

First I've heard on that.

There's been talk Arsenal and 'Spurs were interested but nothing concrete.

I know nothing on the Benfica winger BTW save for what I've read. Never seen him play.

Hail.

First I've heard on that.

There's been talk Arsenal and 'Spurs were interested but nothing concrete.

I know nothing on the Benfica winger BTW save for what I've read. Never seen him play.

Hail.

I hate this time of year. So many rumors, stories, non-stories, speculations and out and out lies, I can't wait for the season to start.

Arsenal reportedly is willing to spend whatever this transfer window but they are always linked to every player rumored to be available so take it with a grain of salt

Why the heck are you guys recalling Campbell from Costa Rica?

Cash in now his value is at it's highest for he's NEVER gonna' cut it in the Premier League. 

Hail. 

Cash in now his value is at it's highest for he's NEVER gonna' cut it in the Premier League.

Hail.

Really don't know.

Maybe they prefer him to be the third striker over Sanogo who is literally the most awkward player on the planet.

I literally don't know what Wenger thinks when it comes to strikers

As someone who follows Barca(very weird with Ronaldo my favorite player but whatever. Utd connection) I'm quite insulted by Saurez going there. Dudes got racist history and goes around biting people. I have a problem getting that kind of slime. I would have just supported my boy robakdo at Madrid if I thought barca would allow a player that does this crap to come.

Suarez has no more a racist history than I'm an Evertonian.

Rightly castigate him for the disgraceful biting crap. But slamming him down to the English media witchunt over the B/S racism claims against a confirmed liar is just that. Bull ****!

Hail.

Ok fine racist stuff aside then.  The dude has done this crap 3 times and has no remorse.  I don't want to hear about his excuse letter.  It wasn't a apology.  Also I don't for a second he doesn't bite someone again.  It's going to happen.  The dude needs some freaking help.  Yet Barca is over here about to sign a dude who just embarrassed his country, club,etc.  The dude won't even being playing for the first month and half for his actions.  This is disgraceful from Barca to even think about this.  I get he's a world class player but he's also a world class nut job.  Barca talks about a foundation built on class, integrity,etc with its historic roots.  SO much for that.  Barca signing Suarez will make some of us take a step back to decide if we want to be a part of their win at all cost movement.  Like I said despite Ronaldo being my favorite player at Utd and then moving to Madrid I went with Barca because of its history and what they believed in.  If they no longer believe in those values I begin to no longer believe in them.  Real Madrid was always the clubs I thought was win at all costs versus Barca who tried to develop players along with its big splashes.  Now Barca is basically saying it will throw away all its pride and what it stands for to win.  Trust me I'm not the only Barca person sitting on this edge.  So far the clubs I pay attention to haven't had any of these types of players. Sure you got the Rooneys and such but not this kind of crap. I can tolerate Barca having a lousy season and all that however I won't tolerate us rewarding this moron.  This is a guy leaves his country and club out to dry because of antics.  Uruguay actually put his jersey up in the locker room before the game to say his spirit is with them.  Hey idiots he would be with you if not for his bull****.  He left you high in dry when you need him.  He's a selfish player who needs some help.  I don't care how good he is.  If he goes to Barca they force a decision from me.  I don't care if they care.  Because I care and that's what matters here.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Hail.

because heis actually good.

LOL at "never gonna cut it in the Premier League"

dude has the attributes to make it in the Premier League.

Not only that, he cost like £800,000

Worry about your club spending 30 million on another overrated Englishman, and we will worry about ours.

Haha. A player EVERYONE knows about? Hipster Wenger doesn't play like that. It'll be a winger he wants to convert to striker from the country of Benin. Of course the guy must be also injured so Wenger can low-ball his poor African club down to a dozen head of emaciated cattle. 

Haha. A player EVERYONE knows about? Hipster Wenger doesn't play like that. It'll be a winger he wants to convert to striker from the country of Benin. Of course the guy must be also injured so Wenger can low-ball his poor African club down to a dozen head of emaciated cattle.

yeah, Wenger has never spent money on a known player

ozil.gif

its rumored, but who knows. Who knows if Barca even want to sell dude. All just stories now.

because heis actually good.

LOL at "never gonna cut it in the Premier League"

dude has the attributes to make it in the Premier League.

Not only that, he cost like £800,000

Worry about your club spending 30 million on another overrated Englishman, and we will worry about ours.

We shall revisit this if he does indeed return.

Just so you're aware.

No instinct. Plays with his head down and ha zero vision. He'll get handled with ease at this level.

Wanchope somehow carved out a career with his gangly style but heck. I he never knew what he was doing, how was any defender 'spossed to? He was just head down and go. Fun as He'll to watch mainly because he/ you never knew what he was doing. And Ruiz, who has quality, fell flat on his ass over here.

And it's nigh on £ 50 million with his salary. If we're gonna' overspend in style at least credit us with the correct amount!

Ok fine racist stuff aside then. The dude has done this crap 3 times and has no remorse. I don't want to hear about his excuse letter. It wasn't a apology. Also I don't for a second he doesn't bite someone again. It's going to happen. The dude needs some freaking help. Yet Barca is over here about to sign a dude who just embarrassed his country, club,etc. The dude won't even being playing for the first month and half for his actions. This is disgraceful from Barca to even think about this. I get he's a world class player but he's also a world class nut job. Barca talks about a foundation built on class, integrity,etc with its historic roots. SO much for that. Barca signing Suarez will make some of us take a step back to decide if we want to be a part of their win at all cost movement. Like I said despite Ronaldo being my favorite player at Utd and then moving to Madrid I went with Barca because of its history and what they believed in. If they no longer believe in those values I begin to no longer believe in them. Real Madrid was always the clubs I thought was win at all costs versus Barca who tried to develop players along with its big splashes. Now Barca is basically saying it will throw away all its pride and what it stands for to win. Trust me I'm not the only Barca person sitting on this edge. So far the clubs I pay attention to haven't had any of these types of players. Sure you got the Rooneys and such but not this kind of crap. I can tolerate Barca having a lousy season and all that however I won't tolerate us rewarding this moron. This is a guy leaves his country and club out to dry because of antics. Uruguay actually put his jersey up in the locker room before the game to say his spirit is with them. Hey idiots he would be with you if not for his bull****. He left you high in dry when you need him. He's a selfish player who needs some help. I don't care how good he is. If he goes to Barca they force a decision from me. I don't care if they care. Because I care and that's what matters here.

No argument from me save I want Barcas money and Sanchez.

I want rid of him yesterday.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

We shall revisit this if he does indeed return.

Just so you're aware.

No instinct. Plays with his head down and ha zero vision. He'll get handled with ease at this level.

Wanchope somehow carved out a career with his gangly style but heck. I he never knew what he was doing, how was any defender 'spossed to? He was just head down and go. Fun as He'll to watch mainly because he/ you never knew what he was doing. And Ruiz, who has quality, fell flat on his ass over here.

he has vision, he has set up most of Costa Rica's chances this tournament.

He rough around the edges and sometimes is too selfish, but I like what I see. I have watched him since like 2011, before Arsenal signed him. He good. Got the size, speed, strength, and dribbling ability to put in work.

Wanchope and Ruiz are completely different players than Campbell. He kind of reminds me of Sturridge at Chelsea, who had similar strengths and criticisms.

GHH if you were supporting a team getting ready to sign someone like this would you have the same reaction? I know both of us take pride in the integrity of the clubs we support and their reputations. I just find it very hard to get behind a player like that as well as be ok with a club I call one of my own to openly welcome someone who pulls this crap. I mean the guy just embarrassed his country, himself, and honestly Liverpool.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Absolutely. 

I've lost count of the arguments I've gotten in on here over possible Redskins acquisitions of serious malcontents. My philosophy has always been I'd rather have a solid player who was a great character guy rather than a top class talent who had a very questionable character track history. I guess I'm old school like that having been brought up under Paisley and Fagan and Gibbs. 

I'm currently scolding myself for forgiving Luis after his last transgression and FULLY buying into him again. If you remember after the Ivanovic incident I wanted him gone. But then the OTT English media B/S started, I got defensive, forgave him and fully supported him. And he had turned it full circle last year. He was the preverbal choir boy. Then, out of the blue, this again. Yet more self inflicted disgrace and shame on both himself and the football club. I'm left feeling betrayed and very angry. 

If the club stand by him again I shall be EXCESSIVELY disappointed in every last one of them. There has to come a time when you say 'enough is ENOUGH!' Cut our loses and sell whilst his value is at it's highest and get him the Hell out of the club. 

Sadly, in todays transient society, the longer it rolls, the more L'pool fans will support him again and count down the days to lording him back when he has no right to ever wear our colours again for me. I'm dreading the first pre-season at Preston in three weeks or so. I just know I'll be biting my lip as the Suarez chant starts or else I'd be liable to fighting with the morons. 

You can't defend the indefensible. 

Enough is ENOUGH!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Obviously Ruiz and Wanchope are completely different types of players.

Just the only Costa Rican comparisons I have.

Hail.

this is something i hate with football announcers and pundits.

Why compare him to a countryman when its easier to compare him to someone who he actually reminds you of?

this is something i hate with football announcers and pundits.

Why compare him to a countryman when its easier to compare him to someone who he actually reminds you of?

How many Costa Rican footballers have played in major leagues?

You disagree with my view he won't cut it at the top level so it's natural to mention the few that have played in a major league.

No biggie. Not even a player comparison per se.

Just a Costa Rican novelty.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The clubs acting swiftly it appears.

Barcelona and Liverpool in talks in London over Suarez.

Hail.