Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

God I'm getting tired of Suarez. I don't want to sell him to an English rival, but he can go anywhere else honestly, at this point.

All in all, go away Luis.

Honestly, I don't care if he goes to Arsenal or any other English club. Just so long as he goes. And quick. 

'Go away Luis' indeed. 

Hail. 

I don't like the idea of selling to our direct competition. It's too bad City didn't come bidding, cus at least we know where still a bit away from contending with them, and by the time we are, he'll throw a fit there and talk about how Manchester has never liked him or whatever he can cook up.

I'd be perfectly fine with him going out, and Costa, Papadapolous, and another striker coming in to replace Suarez. Sturridge is liable to get a knock here and there, and I'm not a big believer in Borini. Not to consistently score for us anyways. Somebody like Yilmaz (sp?) from Galataseray would be ideal.

We'll defo need another one at least as Borini is woeful in front of goal. And that's being kind. And Aspas still has it all to prove at this level so we're really set at present with Sturridge as the only proven out and out striker. Who's presently injured.

I'm glad the Atletico guy fell through but I'm equally glad their trying to purchase someone now before we get the Suarez money and fees double.

Hail.  

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

I think Aspas is more like Suarez, in that he's so high energy. Sturridge is a poacher and a shooter, and the onyl one on our squad like that. His game works really well with Coutinho playing him balls and Henderson running into lanes he creates. Borini and Aspas are more reactionary, which is good but we really need someone who is just going to put the ball in the back of the net.

I liked the Costa interest. He's a complete nutter, and he only got 10 league goals, but he scored 20 all together last season. I think we're looking to add one more high-level playmaker with the hopes they'll team up with Suarez/Sturridge/Aspas/Coutinho. But should Suarez go we'll need to add a finisher to all of that again. Costa floats around a lot, which is what I think Rodgers really looks for in his attacking players: versatility. You could probably find better talent for 22 mil, but when you finish 7th and have no European games to look forward to, you could do worse than a dynamite entering his prime, having recieved his first call up to a big-time National side recently.

Merson

rumor is Jack though. Fowler butthurt and needs to calm down. Only reason why he got that message was for saying "30 million and Walcott will be enough for Suarez"

idiot.

Real Madrid fan ran onto the field, hugged Ronaldo hard, and then had a 2 min conversation with him during the game until security came.  Coolest guy ever.  That's why Ronaldo is one of my favorites and will always have a special place in my heart as a Manchester United legend.

I'm not one for posting RM pictures but this is great LOL

i2bvVqCT0MTep.gif

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Colombia is #3? FIFA high. There is no reason Colombia should be in the top 10. A team that did not qualify for the previous 2 WC should NEVER be ranked in the top 5 of the FIFA rankings. They have only qualified for the Confed Cup once (2003). They have never won the Gold Cup, only qualifying 3 times.

I mean seriously, can anyone defend them being ranked in the top 5?

Looks like John Henry is speaking up. He has made his position known, Suarez will not be sold this late in the window. I think this is for the best. Liverpool fans have supported through most of his crazy and are fully vested in his success. Arsenal fans have been booing and trashing Suarez for the last two years, it would be uncomfortable for all parties if the situation were reversed...

But, then again, this story may change tomorrow

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owner-john-henry-5683119

Edited by jobaga

Columbia has been great recently since getting a new manager for the 2014 World Cup Cycle.  Same manager I hope joins the US after he finishes with Columbia if Jurgen leaves.  #3 might be high but they are doing a hell of a job in qualifying.  Remember its more of what have you done LATELY to deserve the rating.  If ratings were based on entire history we wouldn't be even in the top 30 and Mexico sure as heck wouldn't be behind us.

Columbia has been great recently since getting a new manager for the 2014 World Cup Cycle.  Same manager I hope joins the US after he finishes with Columbia if Jurgen leaves.  #3 might be high but they are doing a hell of a job in qualifying.  Remember its more of what have you done LATELY to deserve the rating.  If ratings were based on entire history we wouldn't be even in the top 30 and Mexico sure as heck wouldn't be behind us.

they have a really good side outside of Falcao.

If everyone stays healthy, they could make a run next year in the World Cup.

Colombia is #3? FIFA high. There is no reason Colombia should be in the top 10. A team that did not qualify for the previous 2 WC should NEVER be ranked in the top 5 of the FIFA rankings. They have only qualified for the Confed Cup once (2003). They have never won the Gold Cup, only qualifying 3 times.

I mean seriously, can anyone defend them being ranked in the top 5?

maybe you should learn what federation Colombia is in and how FIFA calculates these rankings before you use this as a basis to ask if FIFA are high?

Edited by JoeWolf990

Looks like John Henry is speaking up. He has made his position known, Suarez will not be sold this late in the window. I think this is for the best. Liverpool fans have supported through most of his crazy and are fully vested in his success. Arsenal fans have been booing and trashing Suarez for the last two years, it would be uncomfortable for all parties if the situation were reversed...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-owner-john-henry-5683119

Thou doth protest too much, John Henry. 

Thou doth protest too much, John Henry. 

I think it's one of three 

1. They have learned their lesson from the Torres/Carroll debacle

2. He is strengthening his position to get a bid that they deem acceptable

3. They mean what they say

Either way, I think this is a good position for Liverpool to take

What was all the friction that was going on with Mou and the RM players last year? They seemed to have grown to detest him.

He failed in the transfer market.  With Real Madrid's resources they shouldn't be losing the league to Barca like that and sure shouldn't be getting creamed by Dortmund in the Semis the way they did.  Not only that they basically never improved during his tenure.  He had the worst record of any RM coaches there 3 years or more.  Not only that but he got into public fights with Ronaldo and Castillas.  He dissed his players who had surgery or didn't recover from injuries quick enough for his liking.  Oh and not to mention his loss in the final of the Copa Del Rey.  First loss in 14 years to their local rivals (Atletico Madrid)  The public opinion in Spain of JM is pretty poor honestly because his tenure represents two things.  Losing the locker room and finishing second more often than not.  Ronaldo's pose in that GIF is to JM.  He's telling him I stayed basically referred to him running to Chelsea soon as he felt things not going his way rather than toughing it out.

What was all the friction that was going on with Mou and the RM players last year? They seemed to have grown to detest him.

he didnt like the Spanish players and they didnt like him.

When Mourinho arrived, he was coaching a team that won everything. The motivational tactics that worked at Inter, Chelsea, and Benfica didnt work because the players were already champions.

And Barcelona had a better team.

Disagree about him having a bad record, before Mourinho got there Madrid had not made it past the CL round of 16 since 2003.

When Mourinho arrived, he was coaching a team that won everything. The motivational tactics that worked at Inter, Chelsea, and Benfica didnt work because the players were already champions.

Disagree about him having a bad record, before Mourinho got there Madrid had not made it past the CL round of 16 since 2003.

I never said he had a bad record.  I said when it came to managers with longer tenures than 3 years he had the worst record.  It doesn't matter if Barca had a better team.  You are the manager of one of the most powerful clubs on the planet. There' nothing your name and money couldn't get.  The problem is he didn't get the players he needed and he spent money on ridiculous contracts for players he shouldn't have.  Before anyone says Barca always had a better team did you watch last year?  Barca literally became one dimensional and easy to beat with Messi.  Check out some of their La Liga games.  Tiki Taka only worked with Messi's influence.  No excuse for Real Madrid losing the league like that.

I never said he had a bad record.  I said when it came to managers with longer tenures than 3 years he had the worst record.  It doesn't matter if Barca had a better team.  You are the manager of one of the most powerful clubs on the planet. There' nothing your name and money couldn't get.  The problem is he didn't get the players he needed and he spent money on ridiculous contracts for players he shouldn't have.  Before anyone says Barca always had a better team did you watch last year?  Barca literally became one dimensional and easy to beat with Messi.  Check out some of their La Liga games.  Tiki Taka only worked with Messi's influence.  No excuse for Real Madrid losing the league like that.

Barca were not selling Xavi and Messi.

If you look at the point totals, 92 and 85 is usually enough to win the league.

Barca has been one dimensional ever since Eto'o left and Henry fell off. That one dimension is hardest to beat in football.

IM not defending Mourinho, but just being fair.