Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Let us have our moment We freaking beat Germany I haven't seen Germany this defeated by the Americans since 1945

Lol. Brilliant last line.

Congrats guys. It may of been a weakened German side. They may of had the attitude of being on their vacations they should be on already. (Just musing. Never saw the game.). But they still called upon Jansen, Mertesacker, Podolski and Klose. All of whom have a good chance of starting for them next summer. For a relatively young soccer Nation like the US, that is a tremendous result regardless and deserves to be celebrated.

Next summers hosts ripped England apart for much of tonight's friendly in Rio. But Brazil being Brazil couldn't defend and somehow ended up drawing 2-2. The Brazilians taking their foot off the gas second half had a lot to do with the final result too.

My money's still on Spain to retain and become the first Nation to win three majors in a row.

Hail.

I'm such a wet blanket . . . but the victory feels hollow. We basically won by a margin of a goalkeeping howler worse than Robert Green's against a German reserve squad. Altidore's finish was fantastic. Not that I'm not happy, it just doesn't tell us much. 

But it's scary how deep Germany is. No one from Bayern, Dortmund or Madrid played and I still don't know if any of our guys would unequivocally start ahead of them if they were German (wait). 

>>Shut up Canada

What's the context of this, ix? Were Canadians yapping?

whoa whoa whoa.  We were up 4-1 when our subs came in (Because we have a qualifier friday and needed to rest our players.  Plus Germany was hammering Dempsey a lot so we couldn't risk him getting hurt.).  That's when Germany pressed harder.  Our defenders kept them in check until then.  Our subs for some reason played off them and allowed shots on goal.  I'm just saying viewing it as we only won because of a Goalie screw up is ridiculous.  This wasn't some Robert Green junk.  We were the better team today.  Not to mention we loss  F Johnson and such at half time.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Lots at RFK open at 830 tomorrow according to soccer insider.

are you two going?

We did not. Tickets were too expensive. Too bad since RFK looked amazing yesterday!

Shut up Canada

What's the context of this, ix? Were Canadians yapping?

LeRoux was born in Canada but chose to play for the US. They were booing her during the game.

They mad. LOL.

Sydney Leroux on twitter after: 
Quote:
When you chant racial slurs, taunt me and talk about my family don't be mad when I shush you and show pride in what I represent. #america

So yeah...**** Canada

@cbfowler 11:14 AM
Finally, officially the "Special One" back with Chelsea! Mourinho knows the missions: dethrone ManU and win another ChLgue. 4 yr contract

@cbfowler 11:14 AM
Finally, officially the "Special One" back with Chelsea! Mourinho knows the missions: dethrone ManU and win another ChLgue. 4 yr contract

EPL over for next season. Etch Chelsea's name on the trophy already. 

Brilliant to see him back. Horrible it's back to them. 

Hail. 

Strange to see him back knowing the problems he had with the owner. But from what I recall there were other elements that were causing discord too, maybe they're not there anymore. Terry and Sheva couldn't stand him, but Mou could spot talent and clearly those two lacked it.

Shevchrbko was one of the problems in so much that was a Russian status symble signing and not one Jose wanted. And then Abramovich went further by bringing in Arnasson as DoF and totally pissing off the best thing to ever happen to Chelsea.

So yeah, strange to see him ready to work under the megalomaniac Russian again. I personally love the guy. He's an arrogant SOB, but boy does he back that up. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in any sport have the unwavering assured self confidence that man does in himself that he's the best of the best. And honestly, what he's achieved in 3 major Country's and in Europe in such a short space of time is that phenomenal I'd argue he's pushing for discussion with Paisley and Ferguson in the GOAT stakes. If he wins a third European Cup with a third different club there can be no argument. Dudes a great character and a great football guy. Says it all when NOBODY that's played under him has ever said a bad word about him. Ridiculous for a Coach to have that total respect. And to think he started out as Sir Bobby Robson's interpreter. Ridiculous. Best Coach in the World bar none for me.

Just a pity he's in love with Chelsea ..... Talking about deflating news ...

Word on the street is Martinez is on the verge of being confirmed the new boss over the park. Terrible news. He'll take Everton forward from what Moyes did. And it puts additional pressure on BR as Roberto was our initial first choice. To have him working in the same City is not good.

Pretty poor day manager wise.

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

The third strip is equally as bad. Looks like some kid has thrown paint over it.

And a BLUE away keepers kit. Words can't describe .....

Oh for the '70s and to a lesser extent '80's when footie strips were proper footie strips and not fashion items. And black boots! That should be law! Adidas World Cup. Simple. Stylish. Classical. Best boots ever!

Thanks LFC and Warrior. Laughing stock of league.

Hail.

Word on the street is Martinez is on the verge of being confirmed the new boss over the park. Terrible news. He'll take Everton forward from what Moyes did. And it puts additional pressure on BR as Roberto was our initial first choice. To have him working in the same City is not good.

Hail.

I have been a little unsure about Roberto, really havent followed what he has done that much. You really think he will be that good? I know he didnt have a lot of talent, but Wigan did get relegated on his watch. But again, I admit I havent paid much attention to him or Wigan up to this point.

The third strip is equally as bad. Looks like some kid has thrown paint over it.

And a BLUE away keepers kit. Words can't describe .....

Oh for the '70s and to a lesser extent '80's when footie strips were proper footie strips and not fashion items. And black boots! That should be law! Adidas World Cup. Simple. Stylish. Classical. Best boots ever!

Thanks LFC and Warrior. Laughing stock of league.

Hail.

Once again, I really like the home kit. The other two are an abomination. I have always been partial to white boots...

Mexico is at least temporarily at the top of the table as a result of their win. I would update the CONCACAF thread but I can't get to it even through google.

Yeah, Ive tried to find it as well, but no luck so far.

Mexico is going to qualify and probably still top the group.  So it's better for the US if they go ahead and just win every game going forward.

A win Friday night by the US would really put us in the drivers seat.  Root fro that, plus a Mexico win in Panama and a Honduras-Costa Rica tie.

If those are the results, then the table looks like this-

Mexico 9

USA 7

Costa Rica 5

Panama 5

Honduras 5

Jamaica 2

Mexico is at least temporarily at the top of the table as a result of their win. I would update the CONCACAF thread but I can't get to it even through google.

Yeah, Ive tried to find it as well, but no luck so far.

Mexico is going to qualify and probably still top the group.  So it's better for the US if they go ahead and just win every game going forward.

A win Friday night by the US would really put us in the drivers seat.  Root fro that, plus a Mexico win in Panama and a Honduras-Costa Rica tie.

If those are the results, then the table looks like this-

Mexico 9

USA 7

Costa Rica 5

Panama 5

Honduras 5

Jamaica 2

It didn't transfer with the site so you can't access it.  I did find it but you can't view it because of the site change.  I'll create a new one.

Hail.

I have been a little unsure about Roberto, really havent followed what he has done that much. You really think he will be that good? I know he didnt have a lot of talent, but Wigan did get relegated on his watch. But again, I admit I havent paid much attention to him or Wigan up to this point.

Every blue I've spoken to today is also unsure on Martinez so you're not alone MisterP. The general consensus would appear this isn't a popular appointment. 

I personally feel given time to get his own ideas across and his own players, Martinez will take you on from Moyes and have you playing real attractive football. But it's gona' take time. Not sure how he'll initially transcend with the current group at his disposal. 

Hail. 

Hail.

Every blue I've spoken to today is also unsure on Martinez so you're not alone MisterP. The general consensus would appear this isn't a popular appointment. 

I personally feel given time to get his own ideas across and his own players, Martinez will take you on from Moyes and have you playing real attractive football. But it's gona' take time. Not sure how he'll initially transcend with the current group at his disposal. 

Hail. 

If he does, sounds good to me. Im willing to be patient. I mean, we havent exactly won anything for the last decade.