Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

City's message board is dripping with gold. They're in full meltdown over a game that didn't matter to their manager enough to field his strongest team. We're their everything and their world revolves around us. We're the adult rolling its eyes to their kids throwing a tantrum. This is the best ever game that didn't matter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Berggy9598 said:

City's message board is dripping with gold. They're in full meltdown over a game that didn't matter to their manager enough to field his strongest team. We're their everything and their world revolves around us. ....: 

So United are to City what L’pool are to Utd?

Obsession. It’s a Manchester copyright. ;)

Hour and a half than knock-off and the day can PROPERLY start. Utterly weird going to a European away ..... 35 miles down the bloody road. 

Just as mad, to me anyway, that Reds are still playing the ‘cautious’ card. I personally can’t not see us scoring at the very least. And City aren’t racking up 5. My only concern tonight as how many of our younger end rock up without tickets and try force there way in being just down the road. Can see it being worse than Chelsea “05 for that. And getting back into town after. Be absolutely stunned if that doesn’t go putting them out on the biggest stage of all after they and everyone else had them down to win the lot.Hopefully GMP do there jobs for once but at least we’ll have numbers. 

Yer know, as much as I crave another League Title as much as the next man, give me a shot at # 6 ANY day of the week. You just cam’t beat the European Cup. 

Biggest football stage on the planet with the biggest game in sports at the end of it.

Up the Semi Bound Reds!

Hail.

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Hour and a half than knock-off and the day can PROPERLY start. Utterly weird going to a European away ..... 35 miles down the bloody road. 

Just as mad, to me anyway, that Reds are still playing the ‘cautious’ card. I personally can’t not see us scoring at the very least. And City aren’t racking up 5. My only concern tonight as how many of our younger end rock up without tickets and try force there way in being just down the road. Can see it being worse than Chelsea “05 for that. And getting back into town after. Be absolutely stunned if that doesn’t go putting them out on the biggest stage of all after they and everyone else had them down to win the lot.Hopefully GMP do there jobs for once but at least we’ll have numbers. 

Yer know, as much as I crave another League Title as much as the next man, give me a shot at # 6 ANY day of the week. You just cam’t beat the European Cup. 

Biggest football stage take on the planet with the biggest gale in sports at the end of it.

Up the Semi Bound Reds!

Hail.

Can't say I won't be on tenterhooks this afternoon, but I feel the same. If Salah is in the side, can't see the Reds not bagging at least one. If they can get the first, may take all the wind out of the City sails, and be a cruise to see it out. But, City is where they are for a reason, they're a dangerous squad, and can score goals.

Biggest problem for me is gonna be to stay off the pints, gotta practice to coach this evening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

^^ was hoping they would take Conte...

Conte was never a serious option, Henrique wanted Conceiçao and he got screwed, the decision to sign Tuchel was made in Qatar. I'm wondering if he can handle the brazilian crybabies and the egos, or will he be another Blanc or Emery ?

3 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

That really stings. If my land line wasn't ringing and i wasn't listening to the new Alice in Chains cassette I would...wait a minute it's not 1995. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Have to be honest, I'm a ****ing wreck today.  My blood pressure has to be cataclysmic.

Really feel it's a 2-1 win for City, which would of course suit me down to my soul. 

On another note, Sirius FC spent most of the morning talking about this particular fixture this morning on my drive to work.  Then a certain "Fred in DC" called in and blasted them for not talking about the other match today.  He said, you're spending all of this time talking about two teams that aren't going to be the one's lifting the trophy and that play in an inferior league.

Sounded an awful lot like our boy :rofl89:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

City Keys to Qualifying:

1. Spend 500 million in the transfer window.

2. Don't let Liverpool score.

3. If you're losing at half time, start a fight in the dressing-rooms.

4. Chances, chances, chances.

5. Knock Salah out of the game by any means possible.

6. Dive for a red card, it's the only reason you beat Liverpool last year.

7. Admit you need Messi and spend 500 million in the transfer window.

Edited by FanboyOf91
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FanboyOf91 said:

City Keys to Qualifying:

1. Spend 500 million in the transfer window.

2. Don't let Liverpool score.

3. If you're losing at half time, start a fight in the dressing-rooms.

4. Chances, chances, chances.

5. Knock Salah out of the game by any means possible.

6. Dive for a red card, it's the only reason you beat Liverpool last year.

7. Admit you need Messi and spend 500 million in the transfer window.

8. Sign 10 fullbacks

• Like 1

FS1 isn't showing the Barca match because of some deal with Facebook Live.

I got a trial of FuboTV just to watch this, so I was annoyed until I noticed it's still on Fox's Spanish language channel.

I certainly won't miss the announcers. 

25 minutes ago, haithman said:

Fully expect City to receive a bollocking today and the Etihad to exhibit it's morgue-like tendencies. Shall be glorious.

Their starting 11 and formation looks like something I come up with on Football Manager with some of the best herbal supplements California has to offer.