Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

2 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

You can't be offside when it was last played by a Liverpool player though. Whether it was a dive or not is a close call though. I'd like to see it again.

Think a draw was fair overall. Think Spurs shaded it but a few close calls went their way tbf. Great game.

Played by a Liverpool player? What the **** are you watching? It deflects off his leg, he doesn't play it. Go play with your toys, the commentators in studio we're all in agreement too. Again, piss off!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Carragher and Souness on Sky are agreeing with me for the record!

For both?

Lamela dives with the best of them.  Look at his time at Spurs.  At least won four pens that were dives. 

14 minutes ago, Morrison J said:

Both said Spurs deserved a draw, both said Lovren played the ball for the first penalty so wasn't offside. 

Ok, so they didn't agree with the pens then. Hahaha.  Super troll.

The flag should've gone up - it doesn't matter if he played the ball or not.

That's basic **** you know this.

a neutral observer chime...

Penalty 1: Lovren deliberately kicks AT the ball, so any deflection negated Kane’s advantage gained from being in an offside position. Couldn’t get a definitive angle. As an AR, you only make that call if you’re 100% sure. Who called the pen, Moss or AR? Or did Moss wave off the flag because he saw the deflection? 

Kane DID dangle the leg to draw the pen. But in the end, that one was academic.

Penalty 2: VVD kicks and makes contact with Lamela. Watched it multiple times on reddit. Does Lamela ham it up? Yes, do you expect him to do anything else-doesn’t change there was contact. Seen those given both ways.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DC9 said:

Ok, so they didn't agree with the pens then. Hahaha.  Super troll.

The flag should've gone up - it doesn't matter if he played the ball or not.

That's basic **** you know this.

How do you come to that conclusion? They both agreed that both were pens. 

Dermot Gallagher (Ex Prem Referee) also brought on to the show and said every decision was spot on. 

I said in my first post that I thought they were close calls. Most days Spurs probably don't get them all to go there way but today they did. It is what it is. A draw was a fair result overall. Dunno why I'm the villain here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Penalty 2: VVD kicks and makes contact with Lamela. Watched it multiple times on reddit. Does Lamela ham it up? Yes, do you expect him to do anything else-doesn’t change there was contact. Seen those given both ways.

Soft pen but yes you are right. Contact, Lamela is going down. Amazing composure from Kane to bury it. Wild finish, Spurs nicked a point really. 

1 minute ago, Morrison J said:

Dunno why I'm the villain here. 

The lino said the first pen was offside, then Moss didn't take his advice and gave the pen.

Moss waived off the second pen and let play go on for about 5 seconds, then gave it taking the lino's advice.

It's a ****ing mess.

No one gets two narrow decisions like that - especially after two separate dives where only one card was given.

You're not a villian, you're a ****.

Have the last word I'm on to hockey for the day.

Just now, DC9 said:

The lino said the first pen was offside, then Moss didn't take his advice and gave the pen.

Moss waived off the second pen and let play go on for about 5 seconds, then gave it taking the lino's advice.

It's a ****ing mess.

No one gets two narrow decisions like that - especially after two separate dives where only one card was given.

You're not a villian, you're a ****.

Have the last word I'm on to hockey for the day.

The linesman said the first pen was offside if Lovren didn't play it. The ref (who had the better view of it) correctly said that Lovren did play it. 

For the second penalty the linesman (who had the better view of it) said it was a pen. I thought it was harsh enough myself but I can see why he gave it. 

There isn't an exact formula between who gives the decision. The ref has the final say but surely it's whoever see's it best that should call it which is exactly what happened. Don't see the issue myself. 

Lovely words as always! Hopefully makes you feel better about yourself :ols:

Not been as fuming after a game as that for a LONG time. Ian Salmo encapsulates everything perfectly in this one tweet for me: 

That absolute ****house has now cost us 2 points today in a crucial game. Another potential three at City that not only ended that even game to that point that could have gone either way, but could well be argued changed the whole season for the rest of the league. City went on a winning tear of a record 16 straight PL after that. L'pool's confidence took a massive hit the next month, coupled with missing Sadio for three games. 

Daylight ****ing robbery. Offside and a dive the first complete joke penalty. Absolutely nottin' the second as Lamella comes across van Dijk and launches himself. Which just compounded Tottenham's game long diving disgrace. If Kane, Lamella, and that horrible little ****e Deli Ali, who did get booked for another disgraceful attempt to con the officials, aren't all done for diving and given 2 game bans like Niase had at Everton then the whole job lot stinks more than they do already. 

We should be talking about a super game of footy. L'pool completely dominating a first half 'Spurs were beyond fortunate to go in only 1 behind and not the 2 or 3 the deserved. Tottenham, to their credit, picking up the pace and dominating the second half as L'pool lost key midfielders and their grip the middle. Some Two absolutely belter goals. Mo continuing to smash L'pool goalscoring records. Thought Henderson was superb and controlling the game the first half. Presume he and Milner were injured to be taken off? Lovren SO much better his natural right side. (Funny how that works huh? Lost count the number of times we've screamed at Klopp for not playing him there these hear pages.). The whole defence, who were superb to a man all game today, Karius included, SO much better with no Matip panicking everyone. All we lacked was the final ball or else Tottenham would of been done LONG before Moss and the prick lino the Main Stand side intervened.

Instead, we're talking about another absolute **** show from Moss and co costing more vital points against near rivals. Absolute disgraceful joke. 

Unlucky Redmen. Yuse should be sat with three real hard-earned points now if it wasn't for the complete horse**** decisions of the officials, conned by the ****house Tottenham players, robbing yers blind. 

Absolutely fuming! And straight home after a match and not getting bevvied with Porto in mind isn't helping my demeanour! 

Hail. 

• Like 1

You look at it here (the linesmans view) and it looks a blatant pen. 

Then you look at it from this view at it looks awfully harsh. 

Just one of those calls. Very tough to say for certain. 

Liverpool very unfortunate to come out the worse in all the big ones though for sure.

5 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Lid, if you don't enable him he has nowhere to go with his continued agenda. 

Hail. 

I was curious to see where he took us as a "neutral" who doesn't even like Spurs.  Really defended the rabbit hole with all his worth.

Leeds didn't give him enough to worry about yesterday? 

• Thanks 1