Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

1 hour ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Holy moly!:blink:

https://news.sky.com/story/liverpool-star-adam-lallanas-toes-turn-yellow-after-match-on-freezing-pitch-11247270

And it honestly didn't seem that cold yesterday. Tried a few snow flurries but way colder up here than down there. Sun was out most the day. 

Wear two pairs of socks. 

Hail. 

Yellow is an upgrade.

They were red his last game with the U23s.

He's so soft.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Mo was Mo. Bobby was Bobby. Can was Can. Matip was Matip. First two superb as per. Second two the worst players in Red. As so often. 

Agree. Mane pressing, thinking too much instead of just reacting. 

Midfield, outside of Gini, was bad first half. Milner gave them some life, and Lallana, yellow toes and all, upped the pace in the mid even more. Showed he was in mid season form by missing a sitter.

Im beginning to wonder if Klopp is giving Can so many minutes in an effort to get him to stay.

Also thought Ox was a complete non factor during his time. Couple clunkers in a row after looking so promising a month ago. Hope it's just getting his legs, as he wasn't  used to this much time under Wenger. 

Finally, it's time for Lovren, Virgil, and Karius to log the bulk of the minutes from here on.

8 hours ago, DC9 said:

Speaking of Porto - the wife agreed to stay Valentine's Day until Saturday.  Now I just need to find a way to convince my new boss to let me slide out early.  Have to think of something.

You still in NC? Hop in the car and come to Charlotte. Sure to have a good crowd at Valhalla Wednesday.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Sturridge off after 3 minutes today. 

Different location, same ole Danny Boy.

I think it's time he starts looking at DC United.

He can win the league at 50% over here.

21 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

You still in NC? Hop in the car and come to Charlotte. Sure to have a good crowd at Valhalla Wednesday.

Nope, I made the move up to the DMV.  If I was still down there we'd definitely be getting after it on Wednesday with no issues.  Those bosses knew I was good for it, hahaha.

47 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Sturridge off after 3 minutes today. 

Different location, same ole Danny Boy.

Yep, damaged goods for some time now.

8 hours ago, DC9 said:

Speaking of Porto - the wife agreed to stay Valentine's Day until Saturday.  Now I just need to find a way to convince my new boss to let me slide out early.  Have to think of something.

you want to slide out early, your new boss, wow nice work.

8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

you want to slide out early, your new boss, wow nice work.

It's a 3pm kickoff.  I'm likely to be sat here at the desk watching on my phone anyways.  It could be worse, to be honest.

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

Nope, I made the move up to the DMV.  If I was still down there we'd definitely be getting after it on Wednesday with no issues.  Those bosses knew I was good for it, hahaha.

If you're still planning an ES soccer get together at United's first home game, count me in. Make for a nice family holiday back home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

If you're still planning an ES soccer get together at United's first home game, count me in. Make for a nice family holiday back home.

It's tentative, I'm definitely wanting to go.  It just depends on ticket prices. 

You know this city is an "event town," so it's going to be filled with a bunch of folks who just want to say they were there.  Worst case we'll be able to plan one for A homegame. 

In all likelihood they stink this year again, but they have some young talent.  Especially like Arriola.  He's got a future playing Pulisic into the box for the MNT.

Got to catch the last 15 minutes of my son's futsal practice at his academy tonight.  That was the best.  Really come a long way with his ball skills and passing.  It's the confined spaces that force it.  Kind of makes more sense now why European players have such a hard time getting used to the NHL.  The olympic rinks are so much bigger than NHL rinks.  Junior put a couple of kids on their asses tonight with some cuts and stops and starts... finishing is much better too.

Really happy with this academy (though I won't admit it to @btfoom since it was his recommendation :ols:) and really excited to see what the spring brings. 

• Like 3