Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Gini! You big beautiful Dutchie you! 

Sweet interplay through Bobby. 

Now that they've opened it up, looking for a second half flood!

Go you Reds! **** off you blue ****s! Laying down like a 60 year old hooker.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FanboyOf91 said:

Congratulations to Harry Kane for another season of scoring more goals when they don't matter.

Kane's had a great season to be fair, considering he's missed 8 games or so. To say they don't matter is BS in my book.

On 5/18/2017 at 11:07 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

Hah, find any occasion were I defended it let alone celebrated anything from an Everton player playing dangerously/dirty. Go look up what I said after the Funes Mori stuff. I dont change my opinions based on the shirt someone is wearing. ;)

You were generalizing Liverpool supporters...

Yet here is an Everton player who is kissing his badge after injuring a Liverpool player in the Derby and the fans are cheering him on.

Have two helpings of that, brother... cause you apparently didn't want any of 10-man-Arsenal today!!!!

And we're back in Champions League like vertebrae!

So I'll have these:

1. Keita

2. Luan/Timo Werner

3. van Dijk

4. Sessignion

I'd also go ahead and give Gotze a spin if he's gotten over himself.

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Kane's had a great season to be fair, considering he's missed 8 games or so. To say they don't matter is BS in my book.

I think it's fair to question who he's scoring against... the difference between Kane and Aguero so to speak...

I'm admitedly very harsh on Harry Kane, but I think he's very overrated.  If he wasn't English we'd be talking about him like we do Lukaku cause he disappears so much.

• Like 1

Well, that was a pleasant end to a pretty darn good season of progression in reality. Poor until Gini's opener, then a stroll in the sun. Three great goals. Another clean sheet to round out the year. 4 in a row and 5 the last 6. Only one loss in 17 games now that Matip and Lovren have played together. Good signs that we're learning as we develop. From a side, that supposedly can't defend to save its life but yer know? Too goosed to reflect on this season right now. 

Pity Watford didn't have Middlesbrough's work ethic (credit to them for that. Even if it did leave to a frustrating first 45), so the qualifier it is. Could have done without the holidays and money August but hey, I aren't complaining if our Euro aways start early in the heady days of late summer. 

Up the European Royalty Reds! Back among Europe's elite where the 5-time winners belong.

Hail. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DC9 said:

I think it's fair to question who he's scoring against... the difference between Kane and Aguero so to speak...

I'm admitedly very harsh on Harry Kane, but I think he's very overrated.  If he wasn't English we'd be talking about him like we do Lukaku cause he disappears so much.

I don't think Kane is great by any stretch. But 29 in 30 shouldn't be downplayed by anyone. 

He'd have bagged 35 in a full season and if he was wearing red you'd be pushing for first not third and fourth.

55 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Too goosed to reflect on this season right now

Slightly disappointing I'd suggest. Didn't bag the title you strongly touted.

i think you've finished better than anticipated for me. Well done overall.

First time posting in here and looks like some good banter! Being a Newcastle supporter I've gone through the ups and downs, mainly downs (screw off Ashley!) in recent seasons. Glad to be back up in the Prem with Rafa at the helm, and can't wait for next season.... Now, Lets All Laugh At Sunderland! ?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, YoungTheShow1984 said:

First time posting in here and looks like some good banter! Being a Newcastle supporter I've gone through the ups and downs, mainly downs (screw off Ashley!) in recent seasons. Glad to be back up in the Prem with Rafa at the helm, and can't wait for next season.... Now, Lets All Laugh At Sunderland! ?

welcome sir.  I am your resident premier league champion here at extremeskins. Look to me for all advice and knowledge! 

Glad to have Newcastle back in the prem.  Now if only Leeds and villa could follow....

Edited by SkinssRvA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SkinssRvA said:

Glad to have Newcastle back in the prem.  Now if only Leeds and villa could follow....

If you ever happen to find yourself anywhere near Stamford Bridge in the company of any Chelsea fans, don't even think that. Let alone say it. 

It wouldn't end well for you. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DC9 said:

You were generalizing Liverpool supporters...

Yet here is an Everton player who is kissing his badge after injuring a Liverpool player in the Derby and the fans are cheering him on.

Have two helpings of that, brother... cause you apparently didn't want any of 10-man-Arsenal today!!!!

I wasnt generalizing Liverpool supports, I was speaking directly at GHH and what he actually said. We will have to agree to disagree on dirty play/trying to injure a player. I imagine that if after the Funes Mori play last year I had said I wish he had connected and done more damage I would have been leapt upon, and rightfully so.

Go look at what I said after he did that and then get back to me, I cant control what other Everton fans are doing and I would call them out as well just as I did GHH. Im not sure what I am getting a second helping of, all I did was call out GHH for celebrating dirty play.

Yeah we have been rather abysmal all year away, completely lack luster most of the year when we havent been at home. Thats going to need to change next year.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

2 hours ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If you ever happen to find yourself anywhere near Stamford Bridge in the company of any Chelsea fans, don't even think that. Let alone say it. 

It wouldn't end well for you. 

Hail. 

I've read of the hatred, and heard the chants as well.  Hoping they can come up to get the drubbing they deserve.  The animosity doesn't run through my blood like it should though.  I've only been following for a decade or so....makes me a relative newbie I suppose.  

A part of me very much wishes I could visit English football grounds every weekend.  I haven't the money nor the proximity.  But i will get to Stamford bridge one day, and if I do I'll be sure to send you a note to grab a brew.  

On another note, rumor has been for a while Diego is being sold to china.  Farewell good sir, I'll need to find a new avatar.  Few did what you can do leading the line with aggression and a knack for a goal.  20 a season is hard to come by, and you've done it twice in three seasons.  

That means one of lukaku, morata, or Sanchez is in.  Guaranteed.  My hope would be for lukaku and Sanchez both.  What a strike force that would be.

and lastly, farewell John terry.  Classy send off and if you missed his farewell speech it was fantastic.  Legend.  best of luck next year wherever you land.  Hopefully it's in a PL side and you can come back to the bridge where we can cheer your name again.  

I'm a recent EPL follower and have some questions. I'm sure some of you will hate this but I made a deal with a work friend last summer(he's from England) that if he became a skins fan I'd become a Chelsea fan(I never followed EPL before only world cups mainly). We both have followed through legitimately and I've watched and gotten to learn both my squad and some of the major players from the top 6 clubs.

Ok my questions:

-Whats the probability of Hazard actually going to RM this offseason?

-What do I need to know about the teams upcoming from the lower division to replace to relegated, I know next to nothing about them and their players/coaches. Do any of them have a shot to be middle of the pack or are they going to just be bottom feeders like Sunderland?

6 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I wasnt generalizing Liverpool supports, I was speaking directly at GHH and what he actually said. We will have to agree to disagree on dirty play/trying to injure a player. I imagine that if after the Funes Mori play last year I had said I wish he had connected and done more damage I would have been leapt upon, and rightfully so.

Go look at what I said after he did that and then get back to me, I cant control what other Everton fans are doing and I would call them out as well just as I did GHH. Im not sure what I am getting a second helping of, all I did was call out GHH for celebrating dirty play. .....

And in the context of a vile Goodison Derby atmosphere and the extra fume it caused that day, I stand by that. 

But you can continue to frame this out of that context if you like. 

Hail. 

4 hours ago, TeddyKGB said:

Ok my questions:

-Whats the probability of Hazard actually going to RM this offseason?

-What do I need to know about the teams upcoming from the lower division to replace to relegated, I know next to nothing about them and their players/coaches. Do any of them have a shot to be middle of the pack or are they going to just be bottom feeders like Sunderland?

It's Madrid so on the one hand every possibility. But Chelsea seem intent on keeping him at all costs so I'd be surprised. But it's Madrid. 

Huddersfield or Reading will be a knocking bet to go straight back down. Brighton are pretty stable and have a decent chance to survive. Newcastle have a top coach who if he get's the funds, could well avoid a relegation battle and be mid-table. 

Welcome to football. Don't take any posts you may read of mine on Chelsea personally. They're just born out of personal experience having to deal with your 'fans' over the years. 

Talking of

5 hours ago, SkinssRvA said:

and lastly, farewell John terry.  Classy send off and if you missed his farewell speech it was fantastic.  Legend.  best of luck next year wherever you land.  Hopefully it's in a PL side and you can come back to the bridge where we can cheer your name again.  

The guard of honour/ stopping the game bollocks is just about the most cringe-worthy thing I think I've ever seen on a football pitch. How the F Sunderland agreed to that heck only knows ..... Oh wait. It's David Moyes Football GENIUS! He of the 'Peoples Club' bollocks. Scrap that. 

The fact it was his idea says it all. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Thanks for the insight. I know there is hated rivalries abound between much of the top teams but watching Chelsea has got me into watching a lot teams and leagues I wouldnt previously(saw the RM/Barca match that messi went buck wild a few weeks back). 

As far as EPL from what I've seen

-Chelsea: I love Conte as a coach but don't get why Mou gets some hate from the fans but I guess it'd be like Gibbs going to coach the Eagles(I like his style also and think he out coached Conte last game). I started the season absolutely loving Diego Costa for his gritty play up front but have come to have appreciate Konte the most overall and feel like Willian is underrated. Hazards obv is the studlies to weapon we have. With Cahill I get so frustrated because I think we do have gaps in our D and he seems to always be at the wrong place wrong time which makes it look worse. I'd prefer some studly D core additions with the whispers of lukaku etc. but our front 7-8 players are nasty.

-Man U: I'd say De Gea is the best goalie I've seen thus far, just standing on his head some plays. I like Valencia for his cray hustle(he plays similar style I used to back in my travel days). Pogba looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. Rashford gonna be a big problem in the future. Haven't seen enough of Zlatan yet to judge.

Liverpool: I like and respect Coutinhos game and get the feeling their kind of like the Chiefs/Eagles of NFL. Have talent passionate fan base but haven't won big titles in a long time.

Tottenham: I feel like another overdue fan base and think their success is more a some of their parts then stand out players(also a nasty midfield/forward core though) Though I do think Kane is a lil overrated but you could say same of DCosta.

ManCity: Don't know what to make of them yet but know they have mad $$$

Crystal Palace/Leicster/Swansea I like some of their players and can take down a big club if caught off guard.

Everton outside of Lukaku struck me as kinda "meh"

Gotta watch the rest more.