Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Mats Hummels officially signs for Bayern:

I like the stability he brings, but they still need another quality central defender.  I got tired of seeing Kimmich back there when players got hurt.  Kimmich is a utility type player.  Someone to bring in when you want to rest a starter against league opponent.

Edited by Fred Jones

I did the BT a disservice. You're BOTH outright liars.

I don't take offense to much, but being called a liar is one of the few.  I don't know about the other posters in this thread, but from the beginning I started posting I stated you and DC9 (more you than DC) created a LFC type thread where talk of others teams is somewhat allowed and tolerated.  For some reason you took offense that I was a Bayern fan.  And the constant slobbering over Klopp got out of control.

So, research, go back over this thread and show where I have lied.  Your dislike for my comments does not count.

https://www.umaxit.com/index.php/columns/experts-view-why-loris-karius-is-an-upgrade-on-simon-mignolet-for-liverpool

Interesting read on Karius. Taking that at face value (never seen him in a game so I can't comment) he sounds an upgrade on the Belgium dick. Just how significant an upgrade remains to be seen. 

But bottom line if Klopp rates him, that's good enough for me until he proves otherwise.

Hail. 

• Like 2

Hearing the Met have finally givem the OK for the Barca game at Wembley. Just didn't eant us and Utd down London the same weekend. (Charity Shield day after.).

Should be confirmed the next couple days.

Hail.

Saw August 6th as the report date.

Hopefully they'll leave Suarez with us :lol:

Dave O’Connell @DaveOCKOP 2m2 minutes ago

Liverpool want to sign Thomas Vermaelen from Barcelona if he is available at the right price. (Mundo Deportivo)

Also the rumored Sakho ban is 18 mos.

It's a looong window.

That hasn't even officially opened yet. :lol:

Pops is gonna pops.

Might have to watch some Scottish football after all this year

Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive 1m1 minute ago

DEAL DONE: Joey Barton has joined Rangers on a free transfer after leaving Burnley. (Source: @RangersFC)pic.twitter.com/aVFGqtWYdO

CjOZvBkWYAAmzOY.jpg

6:28 AM - 24 May 2016 · Details
17 retweets 8 likes

Rangers back up and my favorite American midfielder is at Hearts (Perry Kitchen, former DC United player).

What a dirt bag

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/matthew-syed-shameless-mourinho-and-his-clique-not-fit-to-inherit-the-club-that-busby-built-jzvlvnls0?shareToken=eb499c8bb7c4efa0f766aabd16559a66

"As the story has started, so it will continue. Speculation was rife last night that the leak which revealed that Louis van Gaal was to be sacked had come directly from the camp of his putative successor."

This weekend for the English Football League playoff finals.

Hull vs Sheffield Wednesday

Barnsley vs Millwall

Wimbledon vs Plymouth

Tough on the 2nd Division choice as I have a soft spot for Plymouth and I like Akinfenwa at Wimbledon.  Rather Barnsley over Millwall and I really don't care about the Championship one.  I guess Wednesday since it's been longer since they've been in the top flight.

• Like 2

Joey Barton. In the Okd Fiirm game.

Thats a defo red this sesson then. Along with all the Cathooic gypos he'll wind up and have baying for his blood.

Yep.  Very angry man.  Him sucker punching Morten Gamst Pedersen a while back made him hated in Blackburn, and then signing with Burnley...those comments make a grown man blush.

Yep. Very angry man. Him sucker punching Morten Gamst Pedersen a while back made him hated in Blackburn, and then signing with Burnley...those comments make a grown man blush.

Hes a thug in boots. Plain and sinple. Abd a ****house of a man.

Seen a few games the pub by ours he's been back over bevvying with his mates causing **** with his anti-L'pool bollocks but the gutless little **** is always surrounded by minders.

Hail.

^^^^^ Sweet. New #1 (literally) for £ 4.7 million. 

If he takes the Belgium knobs place (and he's no business being here if he doesn't), that's a young first choice 'keeper and stellar centre half for under £ 5 million. 

And with City confirming Gundogan for around the 20 mark, we need to shop more in Germany. Terrific value.

Hail. 

• Like 1

^^^^^ Sweet. New #1 (literally) for £ 4.7 million. 

If he takes the Belgium knobs place (and he's no business being here if he doesn't), that's a young first choice 'keeper and stellar centre half for under £ 5 million. 

And with City confirming Gundogan for around the 20 mark, we need to shop more in Germany. Terrific value.

Hail. 

I posted a tweet from O'Connell already that Klopp wants to sell Mignolet this summer.

And I agree, TREMENDOUS value.

Speaking of not shopping in Germany, seen that Chilwell and Drinkwater are both targets.  There's the English quota.

Here's another good tweet:

Billie @Billie_T 7m7 minutes ago

Loris Karius is something Tottenham defenders have been saying for years

Jo will like that one.  He loves him some Hugo.

• Like 2

Even Bild now confirming Gotze to stay at Bayern:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-goetze/freut-sich-auf-neue-bayern-saison-45924610.bild.html

Opposite BILD explains the champion : "I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to compete in top shape during my first training under Carlo Ancelotti."

Makes sense for him to see what the new manager wants out of him.

Bild was the one that run the quote yesterday. Bild is also the very LAST publication you want to be holding up. On anything. 

The standards of that paper have well slipped recently. 

Even Bild now confirming Gotze to stay at Bayern:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mario-goetze/freut-sich-auf-neue-bayern-saison-45924610.bild.html

Opposite BILD explains the champion : "I look forward to the new season in Munich and will do everything possible to compete in top shape during my first training under Carlo Ancelotti."

Makes sense for him to see what the new manager wants out of him.

Can I take 'to be a part of another competitionless Bundesliga breeze with nothing in Europe to add to it again' for $100 Alex?

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

Yeah, bt... Bild are not the best at this stuff.

That's like Bleacher Report or SB Nation here.

Again, no one is saying they're wrong - aside from some of the quotes leading to greatly exaggerated headlines - but that's not a really good source to follow. 

The only thing that's changed is his dad said "I'm not aware of an imminent move to Liverpool" and people are doing with that what they want.

Gotze is being the good Soldier there with his quotes, too.  Which you want out of a player.

• Like 1

Bild was the one that run the quote yesterday. Bild is also the very LAST publication you want to be holding up. On anything. 

The standards of that paper have well slipped recently. 

I'm one of the first to admit that I can't pick out anyone from the back 4 and I'm not great at strikers...

But I'm pretty darn good when it comes to midfielders.  And for the life of me I can't figure out what's so special about this Dahoud kid?

If it's Zielinski vs Dahoud for the signing then nab one of them.  Zielinski obviously wants to come here and obviously wants to play for Klopp.

I'm hanging it out there that this kid Dahoud just doesn't seem like anything special.  I think Emre Can is far better and they are a similar type of player except Emre is more physically gifted.

Yeah, bt... Bild are not the best at this stuff.

That's like Bleacher Report or SB Nation here.

Again, no one is saying they're wrong - aside from some of the quotes leading to greatly exaggerated headlines - but that's not a really good source to follow. 

The only thing that's changed is his dad said "I'm not aware of an imminent move to Liverpool" and people are doing with that what they want.

Gotze is being the good Soldier there with his quotes, too.  Which you want out of a player.

Quotes from the great German coach Ottmar Hitzfeld today. Beckenbauer. Scholl. Lowe. Now Hitzfeld. Every man and his dog in Germany wants Gotze to come here it seems:

“When I heard that Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp might be interested I thought that was a good idea, because Gotze is a very good player, who could help Liverpool.

“They don’t have any similar, technically strong players for the offense.

“Mario Gotze would fit in with Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp, who knows Gotze. He would instantly have a relationship of trust, so it would be a win-win-situation.”

I don't know where he'll ultimately end up but this one ha a ways to run you feel. 

I'm one of the first to admit that I can't pick out anyone from the back 4 and I'm not great at strikers...

But I'm pretty darn good when it comes to midfielders.  And for the life of me I can't figure out what's so special about this Dahoud kid?

If it's Zielinski vs Dahoud for the signing then nab one of them.  Zielinski obviously wants to come here and obviously wants to play for Klopp.

I'm hanging it out there that this kid Dahoud just doesn't seem like anything special.  I think Emre Can is far better and they are a similar type of player except Emre is more physically gifted.

Dunno, but if you've got a spare 5 hours I can tell you all about this Hactor fella' .....

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 2

Quotes from the great German coach Ottmar Hitzfeld today. Every man and his dog in Germany wants Gotze to come here it seems:

“When I heard that Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp might be interested I thought that was a good idea, because Gotze is a very good player, who could help Liverpool.

“They don’t have any similar, technically strong players for the offense.

“Mario Gotze would fit in with Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp, who knows Gotze. He would instantly have a relationship of trust, so it would be a win-win-situation.”

He's obviously regressed under Pep.

But I think it's best for the German National team if he comes here and is getting normal playing time in the 11.

I still think we have a good shot at him, but hey, if he doesn't come someone else will.  And Klopp's transfer record is next level.

Dunno, but if you've got a spare 5 hours I can tell you all about this Hactor fella' .....

Hail. 

:lol:  Curious to see how true this Vermaelian thing is.  Could play left back in a pinch.  Would make sense to have a versatile vet like that if you're bringing in a young Ben Chilwell and the plan is to bring Joe Gomez in as a CB straight off an injury.

I'd love Hector, but we'll see man.  That one I'm not so sure about.

• Like 1

Back then, they thought Pool might be able to offer European soccer.  Now, not so much.

Bild first reported the Hummels move and Bastian to United.

and I'm sure he likes winning trophies and competing at the highest levels, not finishing mid-table, out of Europe, and in 3rd ranked league. That is for $500, Alex.