Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

That wasn't the discussion.

The discussion started AFTER they lost. And being a blue, you can understand how bitter they were at the time.

Where it was said "I'd rather lose the Champions League semis than win the Europa League."

You can have all these side conversations and what nots, but I know that you know that I know that you know that I know what you'd say.

I think you lost the privilege to pick at fan bases a couple of pages back.

You've been a Bayern fan for 15 minutes. :lol:

Answer. The. Question.

Would you rather:

1) Win. The. Europa. League.

2) Go. Out. In. The. Champions. League. Semis.

Not rocket science. 1 or 2?

If you don't answer I'll assume I'm right and you'd take a trophy.

Lose in CL because I'd rather be there competing for the top prize if I think my club can win it.

I didn't pick on Chelsea at all. They were fortunate but they found a way to win against all odds much like the Barca series.

Poor scouser can't read....

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

Lose in CL because I'd rather be there competing for the top prize if I think my club can win it.

I didn't pick on Chelsea at all. They were fortunate but they found a way to win against all odds much like the Barca series.

Poor scouser can't read....

Oh I know exactly what you were doing. :lol:

If United sign Zlatan will they win you back?

Poor Manc can't be loyal.

Anfield Observer @AnfieldObserver 37s37 seconds ago

Qualifying for the CL 18x consecutively and not winning the trophy is only an achievement for finance department. It's football failure.

Nah I just felt like giving you a old memory blast. I actually don't like Zlatan to be honest.

I'm just amazed your still a Redskins fan after all these years.

That wasn't the discussion.

The discussion started AFTER they lost.  And being a blue, you can understand how bitter they were at the time.

Where it was said "I'd rather lose the Champions League semis than win the Europa League."

You can have all these side conversations and what nots, but I know that you know that I know that you know that I know what you'd say. 

Answer. The. Question.

Would you rather:

1)  Win. The. Europa. League.

2) Go. Out. In. The. Champions. League. Semis.

Not rocket science.  1 or 2?

If you don't answer I'll assume I'm right and you'd take a trophy.

I really dont understand whats so hard for you to grasp about this. I have answered the question, I answered it above. I will quote what I already said so we can move on.

If I knew for a fact that my team would not win the league or the CL I would take the Europa for sure. I agree that a trophy is worth a lot more. You want to actually win something. However the choice wouldnt be so easy if I was told I could either see my team win the EL or have a good chance to win the league or CL.

I started a different discussion, so since I answered your question already....

Answer. The. Question.

(1). Win the Europa League

(2). Have a good chance to win the EPL or CL.

I really dont understand whats so hard for you to grasp about this. I have answered the question, I answered it above. I will quote what I already said so we can move on.

Answer. The. Question.

You didn't answer my question.

You danced around my question.

And to answer yours, I'd take the league in a second.  I've seen us win both European Competitions.  I wasn't watching anything but the Redskins last time we won the league.

If I knew for a fact that my team would not win the league or the CL I would take the Europa for sure. I agree that a trophy is worth a lot more. You want to actually win something. However the choice wouldnt be so easy if I was told I could either see my team win the EL or have a good chance to win the league or CL.

You didn't answer my question.

You danced around my question.

And to answer yours, I'd take the league in a second.  I've seen us win both European Competitions.  I wasn't watching anything but the Redskins last time we won the league.

... I did answer it, didnt dance around it. You asked if I would choose winning the Europa League or losing in the semis of the CLs. Allow me to bold what I said to make it clearer.

And you didnt quite answer my question, my question isnt win the Europa league or win the league. My question was win the Europa league or have a good chance to win the league. Which is slightly different is you are then running the risk of not winning any trophy.

... I did answer it, didnt dance around it. You asked if I would choose winning the Europa League or losing in the semis of the CLs. Allow me to bold what I said to make it clearer.

And you didnt quite answer my question, my question isnt win the Europa league or win the league. My question was win the Europa league or have a good chance to win the league. Which is slightly different is you are then running the risk of not winning any trophy.

Actually thought you said "Europa League" or "Good chance to win CL OR the League".

Answer. The. Question.

Oh you did.

Of course you take the "chance" in the Champions League.  But that was never the genesis of the conversation.  The genesis was that you have certain fans say "I'd rather go out in the semis of CL than win Europa League."  Okay...

I'm not an idiot, I'm not saying Europa League is a better competition.  I wouldn't compare it to the NIT at all unless you want to send everyone who made the field of 64 (or whatever it is now) who lose in the first two rounds to the NIT to play against teams that have already won their first two round match-ups.

It's not apples to apples but there's this...

That's like Kevin Sheehan last month saying "Would you take a Caps Stanley Cup this year or would you trade that for all DC Sports teams being in the playoffs the next five years with a 'good chance' but you don't know the outcome."  OF COURSE YOU TAKE. THE. CUP. :lol:

Edited by DC9