Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

And LMFAO @ the squad Hodgson has picked for the Euro's. 

Strongly fancying a double up bet on England and Italy to go out the groups. 

#outbeforewimbledonsevenstarted

Hail. 

Think that's funny France is about to resort to violence for the first time ever.

Giroud was selected over Lacazette.

France should win this thing going away.  It'll be a complete mismanagement of talent if they don't.

AC Milan coach Brocchi to team after they lost to Roma Saturday and missed Europe yet again "You don't have dignity & no balls. Roma played a friendly against you, they didn't even sweat. You have been fooled. In 20 years of football I have never seen a dressing room like this. Come on, answer me! I want to argue and fight with someone

LMAO! You tell 'em la!

Hail. 

After his time in England previously at Newcastle and Hull?

Yeah, journo's linking that, Brendan's no longer here!

Hail. 

We'll need a veteran if Lucas and Allen are both out.

Guess Hector is a possibility...that'd give GHH a chubby!

I like Obita at Reading also, there was a little noise last year about Liverpool and Arsenal both looking at him.

Hector and Gomez in the same back 4?!?! I don't think GHH would be able to contain his excitement...
  • Like 1

Lovren left out of the Croatia squad for the finals after his fallout with the manager. 

Sorry for him but excellent news for us. Rest up will Dejan ready fro pre-season. You'll be key back there next year again. 

Hail. 

Yeah, they left him out the day before we played Dortmund if memory serves.

Thought for sure they'd give him a ring after that.

Good to have him motivated and focused for Wednesday, then.

• Like 1

Think that's funny France is about to resort to violence for the first time ever.

Giroud was selected over Lacazette.

France should win this thing going away.  It'll be a complete mismanagement of talent if they don't.

Deschamps is a joke, actually most of the guys who are on the reserve list are better than the starters. No way we're going to win that thing.

Ben Arfa seems to have learned his lessons both on and off the field. He is the second best dribbler in Europe behind Neymar. Ask PSG.

Don't watch from 2:26 to 2:36 (GHH knows why) :P

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1

YAY! He's torn it up in Ligue 1. Which is an ale house league if ever there was one to rival other's like Scotland and Holland. 

Pass. 

Hector and Gomez in the same back 4?!?! I don't think GHH would be able to contain his excitement...

Mind. BLOWN!

Just get's tricky as to who get's the most of my affections when you throw in Jurgen too. 

Or which one of the three takes out the restraining order first .....  :ph34r:.

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Be VERY surprised if they both are. Unless they want regular football, that's good squad depth right there. 

Hail. 

I think Allen would want time on the pitch.

Lucas might be the best option we have as a CDM.  And he looked fine all year playing wherever we wanted to put him.

Plus he's basically half-Scouse at this point.

Deschamps is a joke, actually most of the guys who are on the reserve list are better than the starters. No way we're going to win that thing.

Ben Arfa seems to have learned his lessons both on and off the field. He is the second best dribbler in Europe behind Neymar. Ask PSG.

I have France and I ain't changing my mind!  Already took the time off for the knockouts, too!

And I was just like my brother when I first hear Ben Afra... but it's growing on me.

• Like 1

People are actually moaning on social media about finishing 8th? SERIOUSLY?

He's not signed ONE player, working with someone else's sub-par squad. (Many of whom he's improved immeasurably.). He's had the injury list from Hell. His team have played more games than any other side from the top 5 European leagues. The past month and more he's been basically having to put out the under 5's every other game. He's gotten this team to TWO cup finals his first 8 months in the gig. We stand on the verge of yet another European trophy to kick start what will hopefully be our era coming around again. The futures as bright as it has been at Anfield in EONS! He's given us some incredible nights this year, not least in Europe with Dortmund arguably the greatest Anfield night of all. EVER! The crowds been buzzing like it's not buzzed as a collective for a LONG time. (The end of 13/14 excepted.). 

And STILL yes want to moan and biatch?! 

**** off and support Everton or United or some ****. SERIOUSLY! Just get the **** out of our club and let the rest of us enjoy what's being built. 

Hail. 

People are actually moaning on social media about finishing 8th? SERIOUSLY?

He's not signed ONE player, working with someone else's sub-par squad. (Many of whom he's improved immeasurably.). He's had the injury list from Hell. His team have played more games than any other side from the top 5 European leagues. The past month and more he's been basically having to put out the under 5's every other game. He's gotten this team to TWO cup finals his first 8 months in the gig. We stand on the verge of yet another European trophy to kick start what will hopefully be our era coming around again. The futures as bright as it has been at Anfield in EONS! He's given us some incredible nights this year, not least in Europe with Dortmund arguably the greatest Anfield night of all. EVER! The crowds been buzzing like it's not buzzed as a collective for a LONG time. (The end of 13/14 excepted.). 

And STILL yes want to moan and biatch?! 

**** off and support Everton or United or some ****. SERIOUSLY! Just get the **** out of our club and let the rest of us enjoy what's being built. 

Hail. 

We (our Academy) took 5 of the last 15 points available when in the heat of the Europa League knockouts.

IF we took 15 we finish 3rd/4th.  I think that's where people are upset.

But I agree, if they can't see the forest through the trees then they need to go ahead and get bent.

• Like 1

I have France and I ain't changing my mind!  Already took the time off for the knockouts, too!

And I was just like my brother when I first hear Ben Afra... but it's growing on me.

Barca is thinking about him as a substitute in case of Neymar gets injured. I remember he had fun vs Sideshow Bob and Silva.

Man you're more French than I am, but I feel the urge to disillusion you ! :P

Edited by FrFan

The Alpine Cafu

Callum Wright @Mr_CallumWright 11m11 minutes ago

Ricardo Rodriguez release clause has been met and he will leave Wolfsburg. Let's hope it's #LFC. Fantastic talent.

Barca is thinking about him as a substitute in case of Neymar gets injured. I remember he had fun vs Sideshow Bob and Silva.

Man you're more French than I am, but I feel the urge to disillusion you ! :P

Not even a little bit :lol:

But France clearly have more talent than anyone.  It's about managing that talent.

Though interesting that they didn't want to have Lacazette.

Not even a little bit :lol:

But France clearly have more talent than anyone.  It's about managing that talent.

Though interesting that they didn't want to have Lacazette.

Germany or a Spain three-peat. 

Book it. 

Hail. 

*Edit* And both Ireland and Wales to go further than England. 

Thank God the EPL is over.  From a Chelsea perspective it's very forgettable, but it was actually a pretty interesting season.  Good on Leicester...the only way this season can end better is if ManU loses.  Send them off to Europa League.  

Way too early look at the future:

Tottenham seems to be the team of the next couple seasons as much as I hate to say it. A lot of good youth there and a superb manager.  Manchester squads will do their usual...and arsenal will choke their talent away (even in the worst pl season in recent memory).  It will be interesting to see what happens to Leicester (do their two studs Mahrez and Kante stay).  Southampton is a good little squad but I do believe they completely outplayed their talent to get into European football.  Chelsea should be back in top 4 with only the league to focus on and a new manager and tons of cash.  

And as for you liverpool fans, I think you'll be a contender for another European spot, just not sure which one.  Tough bunch to evaluate, because of Sturridge can stay healthy you're a different squad.  Get a goalkeeper and a better central midfield and you'll be on the up, Klopp is good as you know. 

Here's my projection for the top 7 slots:

1. Tottenham

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Pool

5. Arsenal

6. Man U

7. Leicester

Wanted to put Southampton instead of Leicester because I think Mahrez AND Kante leave, but couldn't do it just yet.  

• Like 1

Personally think Arsenal and Chelsea will be the ones on the outside looking in as regards the top 4. 

Arsenal be Arsenal. (Someday my lil' bro' will learn this and stop being caught up in the hype.). And Chelsea are in the biggest mess of all the big clubs IMHO with a manager coming in who I don't rate at all. 

Pep has a massive rebuilding job at City. And he's totally unproven in England. But he does have the funds to keep in the top 4 at least. United may well have the Mourinho factor. Don't see them anywhere near challenging but back int he Champions League. If I'm looking at L'pool challenging next year, Tottenham are the one team that worries me. They're ahead of the curve  on everyone and ready to go from the gate. 

Leicester I see fighting relegation as much as sustaining anything. They've just had one of those seasons when everything aligned. But they're still a VERY average squad when all's said and done that just played WAY above themselves with virtually everyone having a career year. 

All of which say's VERY little for everyone else that they won it. 

Hail. 

• Like 2

1. Tottenham

2. Man City

3. Chelsea

4. Pool

5. Arsenal

6. Man U

7. Leicester

Wanted to put Southampton instead of Leicester because I think Mahrez AND Kante leave, but couldn't do it just yet.  

I don't see Chelsea finishing ahead of Liverpool.  But that also depends on the signings.  Lots of money out there this summer.

Agree on Spurs if they find a way to develop a killer or find a way to buy one.

Arsenal be Arsenal. (Someday my lil' bro' will learn this and stop being caught up in the hype.). And Chelsea are in the biggest mess of all the big clubs IMHO with a manager coming in who I don't rate at all. 

Leicester I see fighting relegation as much as sustaining anything. They've just had one of those seasons when everything aligned. But they're still a VERY average squad when all's said and done that just played WAY above themselves with virtually everyone having a career year. 

Well, I made that prediction and I stick to my guns.  I think they win the league if they were able to get Vidal, which if I look back in the thread the rumor was out there at the time.  They just don't have a killer among them.  Same with Spurs really.

I agree with Leicester, especially since they made their living in the league this year based solely off the fact that they had the league to focus on basically since December.  They weren't a part of any of the cup competitions when most of the bigger clubs were involved in 3.

You're just not going to get away with that without depth... which as we discovered late on these last 5 matches, is the difference between 3rd and 8th in England.

Also glad to see no one fair gushing over West Ham.  If you asked me two months ago I'd say they were sure fire to challenge next year.

I just don't see them getting out of their own way.

I agree with Leicester, especially since they made their living in the league this year based solely off the fact that they had the league to focus on basically since December.  They weren't a part of any of the cup competitions when most of the bigger clubs were involved in 3.

That's exactly why I think Chelsea will finish top 4.  Desperate to get back into European football.  Conte, although not a masterful tactician, is someone with a proven track record for getting a rebuilding team back to the top...and quickly.  The trick for Chelsea will be our signings...not many players don't want to play in CL, so we have to offer massive wages.  Hazard seems to be getting back to his best which will make a massive difference in our squad.

Leicester won the league so I will give Ranieri the benefit of the doubt.  They can stay in Europe for now.  Like I said though, if either Kante or Mahrez or both go, it's them out Southampton in. Lol, love that everyone has the same thought about Arsenal.  "Arsenal will arsenal."  Also rumors that Sanchez is out too.  

Pool has some pretty good talent, and with a loss to Sevilla will be playing for league standings only (I think?  I can never get these formats right).  That's two pretty dangerous teams with nothing to play for but a league trophy.  

Either way, next year should be a return to the norm.  Top teams playing for top positions.  PL will have some of the greatest managers in the game leading the resurgence of the league in general.  And on a personal level, I just think next year can't be as disappointing as this one..so I'm optimistic.  

Also rumors that Sanchez is out too.    

Yeah, seeing City are big players for him.

Amazing, that would be like busting on a trade for RG3 (Raheem $terling) and then the next year having the same resources. 

Chelsea might have a lot of moving pieces too.  Cortouis could end up in France, what's up with Terry and Cahill?  Costa is a year older.  Pedro and Hazard play when they want.