Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

He's just repeating what Beckenbauer said here yesterday. Be aware the dude is injury prone.

Yeah we posted the Kaiser's comments as well.

Hoping that he comes and contributes.  I'm honestly not even stressed about transfers this summer.  We have someone in who knows what he's doing for the first time in a while.

• Like 1

Agree about Stuttgart.

Nice to see Bayern get the record for 4 BL titles in a row, best defensive record of all time (as far as goals allowed), and Lewa got his 30th - most since 78/79 and the most goals scored in one BL season ever by a Non-German player. Also Mario bagged a brace, upping his transfer fee a few million Euro. :D

I'm glad for Gotze. If he should leave hopefully he finds a good place for him. I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do under Carlos though. Problem is depending on what happens he may have a lot in front of him. Especially if Carlos really nails his shopping list.

• Like 1

If you've ever had a bad sporting team a day spare a thought for my dad who is a spurs Portsmouth and motherwell fan. Spurs and motherwell got pumped 5-1 and 7-0 respectively. Portsmouth got dumped out the playoffs thanks to a last minute goal.

If you've ever had a bad sporting team a day spare a thought for my dad who is a spurs Portsmouth and motherwell fan. Spurs and motherwell got pumped 5-1 and 7-0 respectively. Portsmouth got dumped out the playoffs thanks to a last minute goal.

I partied hard yesterday so I woke up to the Celtic 2nd half and was like holy ****. Spurs I don't even know what the hell is going on.

Must be a theme though. My team finished the season with a 7-3 win to secure 2nd with promotion.

Edited by RichmondRedskin88

I partied hard yesterday so I woke up to the Celtic 2nd half and was like holy ****. Spurs I don't even know what the hell is going on.

Must be a theme though. My team finished the season with a 7-3 win to secure 2nd with promotion.

Motherwell are managed by celtic legend mark McGhee his teams have a history of losing to celtic heavily plus it was an end of season nothing game. Was going to go to it luckily had flag football practice instead!

Well done on the promotion mate what league does that put u in?

Edit: Joey Barton looks odds on to sign for rangers. Barton in the gold fish bowl that is the Old firm what could go wrong.

Edited by Wellred93

Motherwell are managed by celtic legend mark McGhee his teams have a history of losing to celtic heavily plus it was an end of season nothing game. Was going to go to it luckily had flag football practice instead!

Well done on the promotion mate what league does that put u in?

5th. I played in the upper division for years but I helped a new team in a 7th division get going. The first year they got relegated badly to 8th with a -61 goal differential. Me and some others came in the second season (The attackers were basically rebuild with new wingers,CAM, and myself at striker. Also rebuild the back line). The team has now finished 2nd over the last couple of years in each league (Top two go up.). The team has now gone from 8th to 5th. I've been asked about going back to the upper divisions to resume at striker so I'm not sure what next season will be yet. If I do I can say the club is in a much better place then when I arrived. One club is tempting because they have a real following here with gear,scarfs, etc sold in stores and photo shoots.

So Piotr Zielinski is done then, eh?

Signing tomorrow.  21 years old and already over 81 matches in Serie A.

That'll play.

Anfield Observer @AnfieldObserver 2h2 hours ago

Coutinho, Can, Grujic and Zielínski are 23 or under. Klopp is going to have fun with these boys. He loves creating the next wave of stars.

Dave O’Connell @DaveOCKOP 3h3 hours ago

Zielinski pictured today in a Liverpool shirt.

CihZE1qXIAEL_-D.jpg

WhoScored.com Verified account @WhoScored May 6

We spoke exclusively to Empoli’s Piotr Zielinski. Read the full interview here: http://wscrd.co/ZielinskiSpeaks 

ChyWByTXEAA9gIU.jpg

Coutinho looking to change his number to 8.

Ooose been calling for that since last year? 

So that's:

Grujic - X

Matip - X

Zielinksi - X

Gotze -

Horn/Karius -

Hector/Chilwell - 

Volland? -

Edited by DC9

@Ellesar78, how nice to finish above your rivals AGAIN.  Such a bad collapse by Spurtz the last few weeks and Arsenal finish 2nd.

Spurs should be in 3rd pot for UCL this time (and you know how hard that is).

Nice job, a few more wins/concentrations and you would have given Leicester a run for their money.

So Piotr Zielinski is done then, eh?

Signing tomorrow.  21 years old and already over 81 matches in Serie A.

That'll play.

Ooose been calling for that since last year? 

So that's:

Grujic - X

Matip - X

Zielinksi - X

Gotze -

Horn/Karius -

Hector/Chilwell - 

*Matip- X

Hail. 

I'm telling you and everyone else, the clubs that are smart will get the signings done as early as possible. Once the Euros start and the biddings go crazy, the fees are going through the roof.  You will see players get literally double what they should, with EPL money, silly money from Spain, PSG, and even China.

I'll be happy with Hector. Everything else is gravy. 

Want me to tell you all about him?  :ph34r:.

Hail. 

Is Kevin Volland still in the mix?  We'll need need another 9 to replace Benteke.

Is Kevin Volland still in the mix?  We'll need need another 9 to replace Benteke.

Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Gotze. 

Another forward is the last of our worries for me. 

Hail. 

*Edit* But Hector could probably play up there and get double figures. Just saying. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven

@Ellesar78, how nice to finish above your rivals AGAIN. Such a bad collapse by Spurtz the last few weeks and Arsenal finish 2nd.

Spurs should be in 3rd pot for UCL this time (and you know how hard that is).

Nice job, a few more wins/concentrations and you would have given Leicester a run for their money.

Not sure how I felt about it anyway. Apart from people telling me it's a rivalry, I don't even know any spurs fans. The only one I know is the mod for the Spurs board on BigSoccer and he's a decent fellow.

With that said, I had resigned them to finishing above us so I can't really claim great joy over this.

The big news is that Flam, Arteta and Rosicky are gone/retiring. If that was gonna happen anyway why not get rid of them earlier? I think it's fair to say three players might've made a difference in the four games we needed to win.

This was the most lackluster Arsenal team I've seen in ten years (after New Years).

Sturridge, Origi, Ings, Firmino, Gotze. 

Another forward is the last of our worries for me. 

Hail. 

*Edit* But Hector could probably play up there and get double figures. Just saying. 

Gotze is in the attack but he isn't a striker.

I'll take one more of those just to even out the rotation with all of the cup comps.

You're already taking Coutinho out and moving him into the CM role.... let me have a striker.

Go worry about your fullbacks.

Gotze is in the attack but he isn't a striker.

I'll take one more of those just to even out the rotation with all of the cup comps.

You're already taking Coutinho out and moving him into the CM role.... let me have a striker.

Go worry about your fullbacks.

Talking of, is it wrong I now have travel to Trondheim in place and ready to book Friday for the Super Cup?

Not that I'm taking Sevilla for granted like.  ;).

It's the new me. I'm now working one European game in advance. Or a whole season if the BT's reading being as the next European Cup final is in Cardiff. And we know which team ALWAYS wins at the Millennium Stadium.  :D.

Hail. 

• Like 1

Talking of, is it wrong I now have travel to Trondheim in place and ready to book Friday for the Super Cup?

Not that I'm taking Sevilla for granted like.  ;).

It's the new me. I'm now working one European game in advance. Or a whole season if the BT's reading being as the next European Cup final is in Cardiff. And we know which team ALWAYS wins at the Millennium Stadium.  :D.

Hail. 

I should've listened back in December.  It was on the table as a Christmas gift.

Something around the holiday season this year.  Maybe a there and here we can do an Anfield then Fed Ex two step. :)

Be safe and have fun, brother.

• Like 1

I like you guys, but I wouldn't be sure sure of Mario.

Lots of word on the Dortmund sites say he'd rather go back there. 

By the way, Ellesar78, come to the Bayern threads sometime.  We like outside posters who aren't dicks and do appreciate other teams posters there.  I think you may even enjoy a thread or 2.

Edited by btfoom

I like you guys, but I wouldn't be sure sure of Mario.

Lots of word on the Dortmund sites say he'd rather go back there.

By the way, Ellesar78, come to the Bayern threads sometime. We like outside posters who aren't dicks and do appreciate other teams posters there. I think you may even enjoy a thread or 2.

Some threads are pure gold. The rivalry thread is hilarious.

• Like 1

This is one of the 'BIG' screens in Basle right now. SERIOUSLY UEFA? This done with a bunch of Munchkins watching in mind?

CikaeEaWwAALjka.jpg

You really couldn't make this **** up. All that's missing is a few sofa's along with a coffee table! Another example of how WOEFULLY under prepared UEFA are as to what to expect on Wednesday. This could get Athens '07 ugly.

Hail. 

• Like 1

As anticipation grows, back to the second treble winning season. 15 years ago today was the last of our 3 UEFA Cup wins and the greatest, craziest final of them all:

A LOT less heart-stopping please Reds Wednesday. Predicting 3-0.

And LMFAO @ the squad Hodgson has picked for the Euro's. 

Strongly fancying a double up bet on England and Italy to go out the groups. 

#outbeforewimbledonsevenstarted

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1