Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Okay. I'd like to divert this a bit if I may. I have a question.

Outside of GHH, you I understand for obvious reasons. This is primarily for those of you who are stateside.

How did y'all come to pick the Euro clubs you root for? I personally have trouble finding a stake in a team that's playing on a completely different continent. I mean, I can understand it to an extent, certain players or coaches draw your interest, stuff like that. But even though I tune into the BPL on weekend mornings, I just don't really have a team. I think the closest I'd have would be QPR just because I find their story after being rebuilt absolutely fascinating. If you haven't watched "The Four Year Plan", definitely give it a look. Should they ever make it back up to the BPL, I will absolutely watch them whenever I can. But other than stuff like liking the Norwich unis and colors, I just can't seem to get sucked into following one club the way I do the local teams and the college teams I root for.

I had it easy, I'm a second generation American-Scouser.  Grandma was born in Liverpool. 

Most of the cats I know use ancestory.com to find the club they should root for.  Others pick who they rooted for when they were stationed overseas and were introduced to the game (a lot of Munich fans from my Army Buddies... or at least they say they are).  And still, others just float around to whomever is winning at the time.

Jordan Rossiter has signed for the blue half of the ugly sisters. Can the pool fans give me any insight into the player or did he not feature enough for the the first team?

He was the heir-apparent for a while.  I wish him will.

How's Kitchen looking over there?  Or is he waiting til next season before starting?

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

How's Kitchen looking over there? Or is he waiting til next season before starting?

He's been playing fairly regularly. Has looked solid has broke up the opposition play well but looks a tad off the pace going forward. although everything has been decided in the league for a couple weeks now so most games have been played at half pace.
  • Like 1

He's been playing fairly regularly. Has looked solid has broke up the opposition play well but looks a tad off the pace going forward. although everything has been decided in the league for a couple weeks now so most games have been played at half pace.

Yeah, that going forward bit... we need ya'll to get that out of him.  Never really had the forwards at DC United so hopefully it's just a quick process of learning to pick out the right pass.

Okay. I'd like to divert this a bit if I may. I have a question.

Outside of GHH, you I understand for obvious reasons. This is primarily for those of you who are stateside.

How did y'all come to pick the Euro clubs you root for? I personally have trouble finding a stake in a team that's playing on a completely different continent. I mean, I can understand it to an extent, certain players or coaches draw your interest, stuff like that. But even though I tune into the BPL on weekend mornings, I just don't really have a team. I think the closest I'd have would be QPR just because I find their story after being rebuilt absolutely fascinating. If you haven't watched "The Four Year Plan", definitely give it a look. Should they ever make it back up to the BPL, I will absolutely watch them whenever I can. But other than stuff like liking the Norwich unis and colors, I just can't seem to get sucked into following one club the way I do the local teams and the college teams I root for.

For me it was a good friend's mate who is from Liverpool. Was always a fan of the game due to my Dutch Grandpa, and this Liverpudlian was just so invested in the life of his football club, it struck me as very Redskinesque.

I became a fan of the Red, and even more so when they brought on a couple of my favorite players in Kuyt and Torres.

The passion and family vibe "feel" so much like Redskins fans, it just seemed natural, I reckon.

Oh, and I love the Beatles. Got a giant painting of the Fab Four over my bed at the beach!

Albion to pay seats tribute to Hillsborough families before Liverpool fixture

WOW! That is completely above and beyond. TOP respect to West Brom. Like so many over the past few weeks, words just can't express the appreciation.

Awesome.

Hail.

The football family in GB and Europe have shown how truly close and connected they are.

Wonderful and awesome tribute. Hope we get to see the pre-match here stateside.

• Like 1

Congrats on beating NY. Made up for yer after learning of the rivalry yesterday. In front of nearly 20K too at RFK. Great turnout. 

Oh, and I love the Beatles. Got a giant painting of the Fab Four over my bed at the beach!

The football family in GB and Europe have shown how truly close and connected they are.

Wonderful and awesome tribute. Hope we get to see the pre-match here stateside.

Just to make you dead envious, haha, one of my favourite items of clothing is a t-shirt that has the boys crossing the zebra crossing in front of the Abbey Road studios from the album cover of the same now, along with Shankly, Paisley and Fagan saying 'The Magnificent Seven'

Honestly blown away by that from West Brom. Completely above and beyond any mere floral tribute. Beyond awesome. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Just to make you dead envious, haha, one of my favourite items of clothing is a t-shirt that has the boys crossing the zebra crossing in front of the Abbey Road studios from the album cover of the same now, along with Shankly, Paisley and Fagan saying 'The Magnificent Seven'

Does it come in XL? Wait, if it's made by a brit clothier, it'll have to be XXL! :)

• Like 2

The plot is thickening and I'm not getting excited at all here...

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/05/14/sub-20m-liverpool-bid-for-gotze-made-reports-german-publication/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

Germany publication RP ONLINE claim that Liverpool have made a bid though – reportedly worth €25m, which they say is €12m less than the fee Bayern Munich paid when the Bundesliga monopolisers signed Gotze from Dortmund in 2013.

What is a "monopoliser"? :lol::P

Edited by DC9
  • Like 1

Even better to that, arguably Bayern and Germany's greatest ever player/ footballing figure, Franz Beckenbauer, has come out with this today: 

DW Sports 

Franz Beckenbauer speaking to Sky before the game says that if he were Mario Götze he would consider following Jürgen Klopp. #LFC

Can someone help me out here? Advising a key German International to not only go join Jurgen Klopp (who let's not forget we where told on these here pages wasn't good enough for the best team in the Bundesliga.<Like he'd EVER of gone there given how they raped his Dortmund side and his love for BvB>), but to go to 'little' Liverpool and the sub-standard EPL?

Is the Kaiser losing his freaking mind?!

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

Barca heading for the lead and it's that man again. Like who else could it be? Sighs.

CibU2_4WkAE_toC.jpg

Sky Sports Statto 

Suarez scores 82nd goal in 95th app for Barca in all comps. He scored 82 goals in 133 apps in his Liverpool career 

Hail. 

• Like 1

Hat-trick and FORTY league goals on the season. 14 goals in his last 5 games. 

Best player in the World currently IMHO. 

Hail. 

Has been for 2 years.  He carried that team through Messi's injury.

And the only reason Barca are out of CL is they tried to force-feed Messi for his milestone.

Hat-trick and FORTY league goals on the season. 14 goals in his last 5 games.

Best player in the World currently IMHO.

Hail.

I assume all will be busy with the Copa but if I do coach for Barca in the states part of the summer(Taking a little time off from work if so) I'm hoping to see meet the Barca trio. I always wanted to meet Xavi. One of my favorite players.

Watching Sevilla (currently 1 down in Bilbao) out of interest before Wednesday. 

Unal Emery's playing a real risky game to me. From the two semi-final legs against Donetsk, 7 players haven't played (including the 'keeper and 27 goal top scorer Gameiro.). With the captain having only 12 minutes as a sub. 

The second leg against Donetsk was Th, May 5. That'll be 13 days without any competitive football for over half the first XI including the 2 main players either end of the pitch. 

Long gap to go and expect to come back in form the final. (If well rested.). 

Interesting approach from Emery. (Knoplyanka, the fella' we had until Dnipro's president refused to sign off on it a few years back, obviously wasn't as injured as reported earlier the week as he's out there.), 

Hail. 

That would be the dumbest thing in the world, I bet my house it wouldn't happen. I'm sure Moyes would love to come back, as he wants a good job. Is he even currently employed? For some reason I doubt the new investor wants to bring in a manager that gets clubs to Midvale whether they start at the top or the bottom.

Edited by MisterPinstripe

Ings is supposed to be starting on the bench today.  Hope he gets some time.  What a fighter, that kid.

Mr. P, saw Jose's name mentioned on two separate tweets with Everton as a possibility yesterday.

Jeez... did you guys see this?

Transfer News @EPLBible 1m1 minute ago

Eskisehirspor are on the brink of relegation from the Turkish Super Lig, so their fans set fire to the stadium. 1f633.png

Transfer News ‏@EPLBible 1m1 minute ago

Eskisehirspor are on the brink of relegation from the Turkish Super Lig, so their fans set fire to the stadium. 1f633.png

burn the boats, boys! there's no going down! lol

good to see ings back on the lineup. would be awesome for him to get a bit of time in the 2nd.

here's to an injury free game... it'd be nice to have the youngsters shine, but injury's the only worry.

• Like 1