Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Soccer Thread

Sticksboi05

Man, you had the dick move that you and GHH always throw when you don't have a great response - show us the trophies.

He was just having a little fun, and the pic you sent was fun too.  The last was a troll move, period, and I think you know it.

I don't care one bit about your recreations, I simply respond when someone comes at me.

It is amazing how thin skinned you Pool supporters are, considering how much trash you throw at everyone else.

It's a great argument ender isn't it?

"Five European Cups, and 18 Leagues, that's what we call history!"

And who says we aren't having fun, ourselves?

In other non England news fifa elected a new president that seems alright but has pledged to increase the number of world Cup teams to 40. He's interested in growing the brand and did a good job making money for uefa. But 40 teams seems too much.

He's not alright.  This is actually Sepp's boy.  They're practically next-door neighbors, too.

That was nice, thanks.

Got a kick also as a friend of mine, who was a college defender, was chatting with my daughter and I one day, and said that he had wished he played striker (where my daughter mostly plays) more growing up, as he thought it would have made him a better defender.

That was nice, thanks.

Got a kick also as a friend of mine, who was a college defender, was chatting with my daughter and I one day, and said that he had wished he played striker (where my daughter mostly plays) more growing up, as he thought it would have made him a better defender.

Most pro defenders used to be attacking players/strikers. The thinking is that they have the foot skills but weren't in the elite set to score in the highest levels. Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Jordi Alba. Ajax, back in the day, don't know if it's still true today would only recruit strikers at the youngest levels for their academy for the same reason—it's easier to teach someone to defend than to give them attacker's type skills. 

Most pro defenders used to be attacking players/strikers. The thinking is that they have the foot skills but weren't in the elite set to score in the highest levels. Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Jordi Alba. Ajax, back in the day, don't know if it's still true today would only recruit strikers at the youngest levels for their academy for the same reason—it's easier to teach someone to defend than to give them attacker's type skills.

Of course, (almost) common knowledge.

Today's youth game may be changing though. A lot of the teams I've seen (girls, mind you) play their two best athletes/players at striker and sweeper. I guess the thought being, one to score, one to stop.

Edited by Long n Left

Absolutely gutted the Basle ****s scored an injury time winner last night mate. I SO wanted St Etienne. 

Instead we get ****ing Utd. 

Hail. 

Could have been sweet to see those two playing each others 30 years later.

Typical french arrogance to think the game is over before the ref blows the whistle. It happened twice yesterday with les Verts and Marseille.

Playing Utd, I fear for your health my friend. ;)

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2

nothing earth shattering there, but it was a fun read. fun to be in the head of an elite defender. wonder what lovren is thinking out there? likely not much. lol

Speaking of "being in the head" of a defender... who is Kompany going to assist on Sunday?

He's got a two or three match assist streak against LFC, yes?

• Like 1

Speaking of "being in the head" of a defender... who is Kompany going to assist on Sunday?

He's got a two or three match assist streak against LFC, yes?

Getting more excited by the minute for tomorrow's first major final of the year. 

A win would be humongous. Klopp's first trophy within 4 and a half months. All with someone else's side. All after that someone had failed to win a trophy in 3 years and all the millions spent. To get that monkey off his back so early and L'pool back to winning silverware really can't be understated how massive it would be. 

Very confident of winning a 9th League Cup. With the returning players having a few games under their belt now, along with the woeful Caballero in City's goal levelling out the equally woeful clown in ours, I can see quite a few goals in an open final. If Pellegrini insists on playing such a high line which he invariably always does, the two Brazilians and Daniel could have a field day. 

Time to remind Sterling yet again what he's walked away from. First of (hopefully) many trophy's of the Klopp era. 

Can't wait. Just a pain in the arse seeing most yer mates down today whilst you're sat waiting for tomorrow morning. 

I'll take 2-2 but we blew that win. Well I should say Pep did by not making a defensive sub after 2-0. The tie should be over.

Have no fear man.

Bayern lose the second leg on the Wednesday, you can just switch seemingly back to being a United fan the day after the Europa League for the biggest tie ANYWHERE in Europe this year bar none. 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1

That was a brilliant presser yesterday. "Even in Manchester they have tvs" :lol:

He's utter class isn't he?

Honestly can't remember the last presser Rodgers gave I listened to. Klopp's are MUST see. EVERY one. Loved the one in Germany last week when he pulled the interpreter for getting what he'd said wrong, then got caught short when it went back to him as he was munching on a pretzel lol. Top fella'. (Even if he is the only one that's happy with the Europa draw lol.). 

Hail. 

Edited by Gibbs Hog Heaven
  • Like 1